Once again: what are you listening to now?

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall

Cheers,

Phil
Got the new multi-ch SACD release of Wish You Were Here.

I've listen to the stereo layer once and the mc layer once so far...both were very good...the MC mix brings some familiar sounds from unfamiliar places if that makes sense, but I like it.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Got the new multi-ch SACD release of Wish You Were Here.

I've listen to the stereo layer once and the mc layer once so far...both were very good...the MC mix brings some familiar sounds from unfamiliar places if that makes sense, but I like it.
Thanks for the info. May look into getting some Floyd on SACD sometime in the very near future. Always have time to listen to Floyd. Lately though, I am really into Karen Carpenter. Just such an absolutely amazing voice. Wonder is she is on SACD? If so, that is certainly something I need to get. :)

Cheers,

Phil

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
Thanks for the info. May look into getting some Floyd on SACD sometime in the very near future. Always have time to listen to Floyd. Lately though, I am really into Karen Carpenter. Just such an absolutely amazing voice. Wonder is she is on SACD? If so, that is certainly something I need to get. :)

Cheers,

Phil
I also have DSOTM on sacd but that's it for PF.

My interest right now is mostly hi res 50s/60s jazz, Miles, Coltrane, Monk, Bill Evans Trio, Eddie Higgins Trio, Brubeck...a ton of artists and a lot of these recordings are available in sacd. From my experience, the listener is rewarded with the hi res version from the original master tapes....I just finished getting all my hi res into a spreadsheet and more than half of the titles are acoustic jazz from that era.

I'm starting on female vocals maybe 5 or 6 titles in sacd so I will look into K. Carpenter and see what's out there from her.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Switching to Hair Metal .... all on vinyl Accept and Motley Crue although I don't put Accept in the Hair Metal Group.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Hans Zimmer once again. Just absolutely amazing!

Wow! :cool:

Cheers,

Phil

T

tonyvd

Audiophyte
Hawkeye, where did you get your DTS DSotM if it's not available commercially? Cos reading that article about Parsons, it makes me salivate at the possibility of listening to it!

If you like Selling England . . ., I suggest you give Foxtrot a try next. It's my fave of the whole Genesis discography.

RedHairedGirl, I've been thinking about trying out a Stevie Wonder album or two. Ever since I heard that song on the radio -- the one that some female artist has sampled in her song -- I've been wanting to hear more Stevie. Maybe I'll give The Definitive Collection a try. Or is there an album of his you can recommend?

Brandst, I almost bought that Diana Krall DVD-A you mentioned. But I held back, cos I'd never really heard her stuff before. I checked out some samples of her songs on her website, and nothing really grabbed me. So I let the disc go. I've heard so many people say such great stuff about her singing, but alas . . . it's just not for me.

cheers,
supervij
For me, "Innervisions" (1973) is the best Stevie Wonder album. "Too high" and "All in love is fair" are amazing tracks. Production quality is excellent. I have the LP and CD version and both sound excellent. Not sure whether this is available on SACD or Audio-DVD ...

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Absolutely amazing! Love the arrangement! :)

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Amy Lee-need I say more? :)

Interesting rendition inmho! ;)

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord