Once again: what are you listening to now?

Joe B

Joe B

Audioholic Chief
What a babe if I ever saw one! :p Such an amazing voice. Excellent choice!

Cheers,

Phil
True story:
I almost collided with her on a Friday night at a hotel in CT around 1990 or 1991 when I had a 2nd job doing the night audit at a hotel right off I-95. She would stop there on Friday's on her way back to her home on Martha's Vineyard after filming Sesame Street in NYC. She was on a pay phone at the back of the restaurant right by the door to enter the main lobby. I had stopped to get a coffee before going to the main desk and we almost bumped into each other as she was getting something out of her bag to write on. I apologized and she just smiled nodding that it was OK. She had just cut her long hair that week and I didn't even recognize her.....at first.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
True story:
I almost collided with her on a Friday night at a hotel in CT around 1990 or 1991 when I had a 2nd job doing the night audit at a hotel right off I-95. She would stop there on Friday's on her way back to her home on Martha's Vineyard after filming Sesame Street in NYC. She was on a pay phone at the back of the restaurant right by the door to enter the main lobby. I had stopped to get a coffee before going to the main desk and we almost bumped into each other as she was getting something out of her bag to write on. I apologized and she just smiled nodding that it was OK. She had just cut her long hair that week and I didn't even recognize her.....at first.
That is something you will never forget. When I was in the Navy I was was ordered to take some papers to a different post. This was back in 1986 IIRC. Anyways, I was coming around a corner and ran smack dab into a very highly decorated officer. Guess who it was? None other than Colin Powell! No kidding! I stepped back 2 steps and saluted him. He told me to be at ease. All I remember is how tall he was. Good Lord he had to be almost 7' tall. He just told me to be a bit more careful and to carry-on. I will never forget it.

In 1977, Jimmy Carter came to my hometown. I made my way downtown and stuck my hand out through the much taller crowd. I could not believe it Jimmy Cater shook my hand. He pulled me through the crowd and tapped me on the head. I swore that I would never wash my hand again......LOL!!!! :D Just something I will never forget. I am sure others here have had some interesting encounters as well.

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
Joe B

Joe B

Audioholic Chief
Yeah, I hear you. Another quick one. I used to go to New Haven, CT every Saturday for a 4 year period. A friend and I would always go and usually get someone else to tag along (often my older brother or another mutual friend). We would order pizza at Sally's on Worchester Street in New Haven (they opened at 5:00 but we would enter in the back and put in a pickup order for when they opened...coal fired oven.....best pizza I've ever had). We would then go and eat lunch at Clair's Cornucopia and then head to the YMCA to sit in the steam room for 2 hours (it had a cold water hose so you could rinse yourself off and lower your body temperature so you could remain in the room). Anyway, on our way to Claire's one day as we passed a place called Thomas Sweet's (the first to do ice cream blend'ins and all kinds of fabulous chocolates) Jodi Foster and 2 of her friends come out of the door right in front of us. They had ice creams and were laughing (I think they had smoked a left handed cigarette, got the munchies, and went to the sweet shop). My friend reached out to grab her. I got between him and Jodi (I'm linebacker sized) and he bounced off my chest.
"Hey, that's Jodi Foster" he says.
"Yeah, and she doesn't want to talk to you" I replied.
The 3rd person with us, our friend Steve, just started cracking up.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Yeah, I hear you. Another quick one. I used to go to New Haven, CT every Saturday for a 4 year period. A friend and I would always go and usually get someone else to tag along (often my older brother or another mutual friend). We would order pizza at Sally's on Worchester Street in New Haven (they opened at 5:00 but we would enter in the back and put in a pickup order for when they opened...coal fired oven.....best pizza I've ever had). We would then go and eat lunch at Clair's Cornucopia and then head to the YMCA to sit in the steam room for 2 hours (it had a cold water hose so you could rinse yourself off and lower your body temperature so you could remain in the room). Anyway, on our way to Claire's one day as we passed a place called Thomas Sweet's (the first to do ice cream blend'ins and all kinds of fabulous chocolates) Jodi Foster and 2 of her friends come out of the door right in front of us. They had ice creams and were laughing (I think they had smoked a left handed cigarette, got the munchies, and went to the sweet shop). My friend reached out to grab her. I got between him and Jodi (I'm linebacker sized) and he bounced off my chest.
"Hey, that's Jodi Foster" he says.
"Yeah, and she doesn't want to talk to you" I replied.
The 3rd person with us, our friend Steve, just started cracking up.
Wow man! Jody Foster is one heck of an actress. Did she speak to you guys? She always seems so down to earth inmho. Very interesting indeed!

Cheers,

Phil

Joe B

Joe B

Audioholic Chief
No, not a word. She and her friends looked really stoned and were into there own space, laughing at something that either just happened inside the store or something they were talking about as they were leaving. She's fairly petite and I just couldn't help but protect her from my friend, who can be rather obnoxious.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
No, not a word. She and her friends looked really stoned and were into there own space, laughing at something that either just happened inside the store or something they were talking about as they were leaving. She's fairly petite and I just couldn't help but protect her from my friend, who can be rather obnoxious.
Hey Joe the next time you run into her again be sure to give her my Phone #......LOL!!! Just kidding! :eek: She really is a great actress. Just watched Contact again last night. Been a long time since I seen that one. Thanks for sharing Joe!

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Been listening to some speaker comparisons over on youtube and this is one of the main demo tracks! I absolutely love it::cool:

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Yao Si Ting has such an amazing voice! Just wow! :)

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Absolutely amazing! :cool:

Holy smokes! Very good. Love the arrangement! Go strings!

Cheers,

Phil

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis