Once again: what are you listening to now? Part 2.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Calling all metalheads! I just discovered this song and liked it almost instantly. Kinda reminds me a tiny bit of NIN... @NINaudio...

Bad Omens: Artificial Suicide

Hey pogey ma brother. That was really fun. I kept thinking about pantera for some reason while listening to that.
Here’s one I think you’ll like. It popped up in my feed. There’s a few things I sure didn’t expect in it. I think you’ll dig it.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Well, I finally opened the album last night and played the 1st album of 7 songs. Beautifully mastered.

IMG_6548.jpg
IMG_6549.jpg
IMG_6550.jpg

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I'd go If You Were Here by the Thompson Twins but thought the bouncy bass line in the opening of Sixteen Candles was sensational. Has the 80s trademark sound all over this one. Plus Kajagoogoo did Too Shy. Love those breathy vocals.
It was both funny and weird to hear this one in Stranger Things

It was a signature of that time. Kajagoogoo isn't in my rotation, but this one is

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Hey pogey ma brother. That was really fun. I kept thinking about pantera for some reason while listening to that.
Here’s one I think you’ll like. It popped up in my feed. There’s a few things I sure didn’t expect in it. I think you’ll dig it.

I just love those Vic Firth drum cam videos. I also love watching a guy get so much from such a simple kit! Very impressive!

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja

It was a signature of that time. Kajagoogoo isn't in my rotation, but this one is
I have Boom There She Was on my audio demo disc. The synth really pops in this song.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Calling all metalheads! I just discovered this song and liked it almost instantly. Kinda reminds me a tiny bit of NIN... @NINaudio...

Bad Omens: Artificial Suicide

They actually instantly made me think of Nothing More, just slightly heavier and definitely more screamy.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan

Funny thing about the Kajagoogoo singer is if I'd never seen their videos, I'd have never known it was a male singer. I'd thought the singer was female.

Outstanding engineering with the second. I remember that one well.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Last night's session was cut short due to an unintended lengthy phone call.

IMG_6533.jpg

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Corey Hart looks like David Duchovny.
David Duchovny looks like Corey Hart.
Ah well, not sure.:)
There's the ubber power ballad Never Surrender, or the mood and synths of SAN. The big sound from the 80s. .:cool:

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I listened to this last night

IMG_6597.jpg

IMG_6595.jpg

IMG_6596.jpg
IMG_6598.jpg
IMG_6600.jpg

I love the music they have on these tapes!! Brings a big smile to my face. I can really tell a difference between the masters used for each song. Some songs sound very muted and recessed and others are really open and present very well. Good times.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Is that music from Solid Gold the TV show? When I was a kid my sister and I looked forward to that show every week, lol.

MaxInValrico

MaxInValrico

Senior Audioholic
I listened to this last night

View attachment 55833

View attachment 55831

View attachment 55836View attachment 55837View attachment 55838

I love the music they have on these tapes!! Brings a big smile to my face. I can really tell a difference between the masters used for each song. Some songs sound very muted and recessed and others are really open and present very well. Good times.
My wife had bought this same thing only on CD.

Last night was strictly my Steely Dan playlist.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I went out with a friend of mine last night for all you can eat rib's at Montannas so I didn't get much listening time in. Volume 9 arrived yesterday so I listened to it and Volume 14.
IMG_6595.jpg
IMG_6607.jpg
IMG_6608.jpg

while nursing on a couple oz of this single malt

IMG_6606.jpg

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Afternoon chill with Norah. 20th anniversary LP performed fully. :cool:

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
Lost one of my dogs today. This year is shaping up nicely.

Michael Hedges: I Carry Your Heart

S

sterling shoote

Audioholic Field Marshall
I'm listening to my new MoFi SACD of Dire Straits self-titled album. I also have the LP but this SACD version is much more compelling via Sony UBP-X800M2 DSD output to Marantz NR1200's internal AK4458 DAC. The sound is lifelike and free of distracting pops which plague the LP version.
61Az5PmdrwS._SY355_.jpg

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis