Once again: what are you listening to now? Part 2.

W

Wazza69

Enthusiast
Been drinking-Johnny Cash : American recordings IV

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

W

Wazza69

Enthusiast
Dave Grohl's new album, Dream Widow: Dream Widow, March Of The Insane

I'm only 3 songs in and that's the one I'm at right now. I'm still checking it out and haven't heard it all yet, but seems like a heavy metal tribute type thing. Lots of energy and old school thrash and metal sensibilities. Something different for Dave, and maybe the rest of the band? I don't even know who all is in this aside from Dave.
Born on the exact same day as Dave Grohl.-14th of January 1969.I was born at 1am so unless he was too I’m guessing I’m ever so slightly older.Anyway,when my time comes to turn back to ash and dust I’m planning to have an acoustic version of one of his songs played at iether my funeral or wake.Most likely “Times Like These”.Only person I’m aware of in this world born within the same 24 hours as me.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Born on the exact same day as Dave Grohl.-14th of January 1969.I was born at 1am so unless he was too I’m guessing I’m ever so slightly older.Anyway,when my time comes to turn back to ash and dust I’m planning to have an acoustic version of one of his songs played at iether my funeral or wake.Most likely “Times Like These”.Only person I’m aware of in this world born within the same 24 hours as me.

I was born at the end of March in '70 (yup, just had a b day last weekend...) so we're pretty close to the same age, with you being just older enough than me so I can still pick on you for being an old fart born in the 60s!

:p :p

W

Wazza69

Enthusiast
I was born at the end of March in '70 (yup, just had a b day last weekend...) so we're pretty close to the same age, with you being just older enough than me so I can still pick on you for being an old fart born in the 60s!

Hahaa that sounds like something I would say.Funny

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja

Same week as me! Although I do have a few years on ya.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan

This was the one for me that replaced Stairway to Heaven as my go-to. Misty, buoyant, chamber, ethereal, and I've even heard it described as a whale call. Cavernous maybe, but also the blueprint for space/mystery. I thought the LP was a melding of the best guitarist at the time in Nick McCabe and the best producer in John Leckie. I'm just happy the spark happened. Nick would criticize Leckie because he didn't know how to record guitars well like on The Bends, but here I think the remastering does justice. It's not really recording guitar riff like most guitarists. McCabe was more about trying to make a guitar sound like a synthesizer. He was a visionary IMO.

This is my personal interpretation of this song

"A beautiful mind or a beautiful body
I know which one I'm gonna end upon"

This basically just saying that in the end he will grow old and physically look ugly but his mind and soul will be beautiful.

"You say you will but you never promised thoughts"
Basically nothing really gets done.

"A smile and a hand mix like water with sand
As far as you're concerned"
Basically pretending to be happy but he's really not.

"A road and a sign I know which one catches my eyes"
His goals and vision is what he's after. Distractions don't really matter to him... This could be a girl or people in general that have let him down.

"And I, thought I heard it for a while
Then it all came to me
Sometimes I just don't know I believe in"

Sometimes he's not sure what he wants in life.

"Don't you want to know when I suffer
It doesn't show
A smile and a hand mix like water with sand don't you know?"

Again, he is hurting inside but puts a smile so people think he's happy.

"I was thinking about moving back home
I don't really need to live here
No no I didn't I could I'm sure I would if I knew that
I didn't I could I'm sure I would if I knew that"

He's tired of living where he's at... He feels out of place and really just wants to feel like he belongs.

"A beautiful mind or a beautiful body
I know which one, I'm gonna end upon end upon"

In the end nothing will really matters.. . he'll die just like everyone else.

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
Listening to CD volume I of "Classic Country Music", a Smithsonian Collection.

IMG_4247.JPG

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Jason Molina is a sad story... basically drank himself to death.
Molina died on March 16, 2013 in Indianapolis of alcohol abuse-related organ failure. He was 39.[16][17] His friend Henry Owings published an article in his online music magazine Chunklet that said Molina had struggled with alcoholism for most of the decade leading up to his death
Dunno... Something about this song, though. I love a little darkness.

Turn it up! Pour a little out.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
❤Julian Lennon broke his longstanding vow and performed the most iconic solo song by his father, the founder of The Beatles, John Lennon, for the first time. And all because of the war in Ukraine.

"I had always said that the only time I'd ever consider singing "Imagine" would be if it was the “End of the world.” — Lenon wrote. However, his lyrics (John Lennon — Ed.) reflect our collective desire for world peace. Because in this song, we are transfered to a place where love and unity become our reality, even for a moment. The song reflects the light at the end of the tunnel for which we all hope."

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Good morning. I had my daughter's and their families over for the Easter weekend so I didn't get much time to listen. I managed to listen to this last night;

IMG_6495.jpg
IMG_6496.jpg

Last edited:
Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
I see 3db got the Oracle all cleaned up. Very nice. :)

I've been listening to Wet Leg on and off and noticed that they have played a lot of late night shows this year including Fallon, Colbert and Cordon. They're just a bunch of young people playing for fun that never expected the music to get popular but watch some of the cel phone recordings of bar gigs and the audience will sing the entire lyrics for Chaise Longue. Really fun band that plays what I would consider alt-rock with some retro undertones. Here is 5 song mini-show on their front porch which gives a good sampling of their style. If you like that, search their YouTube channel as they have music videos for those songs and they're quite funny.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis