Once again: what are you listening to now? Part 2.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I see 3db got the Oracle all cleaned up. Very nice. :)

I've been listening to Wet Leg on and off and noticed that they have played a lot of late night shows this year including Fallon, Colbert and Cordon. They're just a bunch of young people playing for fun that never expected the music to get popular but watch some of the cel phone recordings of bar gigs and the audience will sing the entire lyrics for Chaise Longue. Really fun band that plays what I would consider alt-rock with some retro undertones. Here is 5 song mini-show on their front porch which gives a good sampling of their style. If you like that, search their YouTube channel as they have music videos for those songs and they're quite funny.
Thanks Eppie!!

I really like this band.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Thanks Eppie!!

I really like this band.
Cool. They're a lot of fun to watch. If you like the porch "concert" they also have a Tiny Desk show indoors. Their music videos are good too for low budget stuff.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Cool. They're a lot of fun to watch. If you like the porch "concert" they also have a Tiny Desk show indoors. Their music videos are good too for low budget stuff.
There is something about these guys. I didn't want to stop listening to it...

P

Push

Audioholic
20220420_180341.jpg

Had no idea that Fleetwood Mac was blues before they went mainstream, but this hasn't left the table in days. If you like blues, you'll like this one.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
There is something about these guys. I didn't want to stop listening to it...
Haha... yeah, pretty catchy, isn't it? I've been watching their videos every day for the last week or two. Just plain fun!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Awww yeah. Man I haven't listened to these guys in such a long time.

Candlebox: Far Behind

Such a great band that disappeared into obscurity. A friend of mine had an opportunity to audition as their drummer and psyched himself out. He set it up, but never went. I think he'd have been a shoe in, but we'll never know... I don't really know what happened to them but that whole album is fantastic. I legit get goosebumps listening to it.

Here's another one, "Cover Me"

*Edit: I never thought about it before, but their singer reminds me just a tiny bit of Axl Rose...

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
Burying my oldest brother today. Damn, he was just 55.

No amount of time is guaranteed.

You can scream you can shout,
But when your time runs out
Deep inside you'll know

May be rich, may be poor,
But when you knock on Heaven's door,
Well you have to go

Make the most of what you've got
'Cause it's better than to not
have anything at all
Take each day as it's your last
Or you'll find the future's passed
and you're left with nothing at all...

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Burying my oldest brother today. Damn, he was just 55.

No amount of time is guaranteed.

You can scream you can shout,
But when your time runs out
Deep inside you'll know

May be rich, may be poor,
But when you knock on Heaven's door,
Well you have to go

Make the most of what you've got
'Cause it's better than to not
have anything at all
Take each day as it's your last
Or you'll find the future's passed
and you're left with nothing at all...
I'm sorry for your loss.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I was listening to these guys called Band of Skulls at supper time.

And this at bed time.

IMG_6534.jpg
IMG_6533.jpg

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Awww yeah. Man I haven't listened to these guys in such a long time.

Candlebox: Far Behind

Such a great band that disappeared into obscurity. A friend of mine had an opportunity to audition as their drummer and psyched himself out. He set it up, but never went. I think he'd have been a shoe in, but we'll never know... I don't really know what happened to them but that whole album is fantastic. I legit get goosebumps listening to it.

Here's another one, "Cover Me"

*Edit: I never thought about it before, but their singer reminds me just a tiny bit of Axl Rose...
I have the first two albums and still listen to them. Here's the side project for a while :)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I have the first two albums and still listen to them. Here's the side project for a while :)

What happened to those guys? I seem to vaguely remember hearing something about the singer being very difficult to work with, but I dunno if that's the whole story. They really were great and I thought they'd go far, but they just kinda disappeared.

My buddy's audition was after those videos and them becoming popular. I think that was part of his hesitation. He just totally psyched himself out and never showed up. Afraid of rejection and making a fool of himself I guess. He wouldn't have. He was a special talent too, just wasn't cut out to work well with others and had a bad habit of banging the lead singer's (different band) girlfriends...

Typical flaky ass drummer... lol.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I'd go If You Were Here by the Thompson Twins but thought the bouncy bass line in the opening of Sixteen Candles was sensational. Has the 80s trademark sound all over this one. Plus Kajagoogoo did Too Shy. Love those breathy vocals.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Calling all metalheads! I just discovered this song and liked it almost instantly. Kinda reminds me a tiny bit of NIN... @NINaudio...

Bad Omens: Artificial Suicide

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis