Once again: what are you listening to now? Part 2.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
Thievery Corporation "Is It Over" :

Getting HYPE... gonna see them Saturday night in DC! :cool:

2channel lover

1578403077646.png

Kenny Burrell...with Coleman Hawkins...."Bluesy Burrell"...16/44 CD

I'd been looking for a little more acoustic guitar and this fit the bill...smooth, classic jazz of the 60's, yet nice a integration of the congos on several tracks. Several of these tracks will end up on playlists.

2channel lover

Patricia Barber

Café Blue...unmastered...sacd

Thoughts: Provoking, Jazzy, a little Bluesy...Very Good!

If you know much about Patricia...Cafe Blue represents a really varied and artistic expression that I hadn't seen on any of her other albums. I've even heard one person say it was a little weird.

I don't agree with that, but she runs the gamut from Cabernet singer, scat, to free flowing improvisation. She had a great band including herself on piano.

From other reviews, the SACD layer is noted to be one of the best representations of this album. I've heard the CD layer, and mp3, but on my system I've only heard the mp3 and the sacd dsd versions. Not much of a comparison other than to note the mp3 has been turned up louder. The whole "unmastered" thing is more or less trying to keep the original recording intact.

This is one you want to sit down and give it your full attention. I've played it 2 other times and was doing things around the house and never gained a full appreciation for it.

This one gets a 5 of 5 from me....I really like Cafe Blue...

CAFE BLUE.JPG

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I like the Nightclub CD by Patricia Barber too. I haven’t heard these above 16/44.1 though. :)

2channel lover

I like the Nightclub CD by Patricia Barber too. I haven’t heard these above 16/44.1 though. :)
This is a nice one...fitting for album title. She gives us a little bit of that on Café Blue, maybe 3 or 4 tracks...and she expands on it. This was clearly her expanding her artistic canvas if you will. I can see myself adding Nightclub and a couple more from her soon.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis