Once again: what are you listening to now? Part 2.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Well the quality seemed a little better in the DVD stereo mix but those old quadraphonic tracks in 5.1 are cool. I’ll have to listen to it more but one or two songs the surrounds really were fun. :)

I just got the set so I still need to listen to the 2 CDs too. :)
I used to own the Sabbath Paranoid LP long ago before I had any decent equipment. Still sounded great to a kid. Back then the closest thing to metal were Black Sabbath and Deep Purple.:)

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I used to own the Sabbath Paranoid LP long ago before I had any decent equipment. Still sounded great to a kid. Back then the closest thing to metal were Black Sabbath and Deep Purple.:)
Not many LPs in my early childhood in elementary school age. I bought a few and immediately recorded them to cassettes for use on my boom box. CDs became popular a little later when I was a teenager. :)

For example I I remember buying the Quiet Riot and Def Leppard Pyromania LPs and spending the afternoon recording to cassettes. Then just buying Van Halen on cassette the next week rather than dealing with that hassle. LOL :)

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
REM greatest hits - I love The end of the world as we know it. And pretty much everything else.:)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
40th Anniversary reissue (2014) of Supertramp's Crime of the Century. 2 disc set, really like the Live at the Hammersmith show they included....

Spotify

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Nine Inch Nails - With Teeth.

Limited Tour Edition CD.

PCM 5.1 surround. 48kHz/24bit

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi

It was general admission but I managed to get up to the front row for Tom Morello in SF on Tues! Where the guy is filming from in the second video, I was closer than that. The show was insanely good, even better than I expected it to be (and I thought it was going to be good already :D ). OMG the show was so good. A little Rage, a little Audioslave, some great covers and an incredible tribute to Chris Cornell. He's amazing live, I was honestly blown away. I love the above track he did with Gary Clark Jr., which unfortunately is not on the Atlas Underground album, but I have it on Amazon Unlimited - it was better live :D The whole thing was better live due to the intensity. It was the last show of the current tour. The opening act, 93Punx were also a lot of fun. Their singers appear on Atlas Underground album and Tom appears on their album, they sang on stage during his set and when they were done with their set, they came out into the audience and were watching Tom play, right next to us :) Great, fun show.

Even more excited to see that Rage has some dates next year. We're considering going to Coachella just to see them.

Tom's closing comment, I love it: "Take it easy, but TAKE IT."

Last edited:
ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Some Joe Jackson:

This is a sound that in part defines the music of my childhood: Loved this song, and the video.

A treasure:

And a cool cut from one of those good albums that seemed to slip through the cracks... Blaze of Glory...

Cheers!

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I discovered a new deceased blues woman called Jessie Mae Hemphill... Dam she was sooo goood. This album was released in 2019 called "run and Get My Shotgun" This some mighty fine Delta blues..

Not sure why Wikipedia doesnt mention it but her grandfather was recorded by Allan Lomax back in the 1940s

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis