Once again: what are you listening to now? Part 2.

crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
Dead and Company was joined by Dave Matthews in the second half of set 2 on July 3 in Boulder.

Here's them playing Bob Dylan's All Along the Watchtower.

Last edited:
Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Senior Audioholic
Wow that looks like a great show. Love it was special guests drop in. Just saw Elvis Costello and Nick Lowe opened. They got together on the opening night encore in Vancouver for What’s so Funny about Peace Love and Understanding. Unfortunately not the night I saw them. Nick was probably asleep in his tour bus by the end Lol.

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Senior Audioholic
50th addition of Ten Years After 2 CD set of A Space in Time. Remastered the original on one disc and remixed and remastered on the second. Interesting to hear the remix but love the remastered original. I’d love to change the world…

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
The very song that got me hooked on funk/jazz before I really had the time or resources to pursue it. Just keeping up with rock by the end of the '70s was a handful. This later led me to James Brown/Maceo Parker (JB's), War (again), and just about every funk/jazz side street in and around it, all the way back to the Hard Bop era. Never really got into Miles Davis, and would opt for something like early Herbie Hancock stuff instead.

Just weird how a beat from one song can spark such a long musical journey.

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Senior Audioholic
The very song that got me hooked on funk/jazz before I really had the time or resources to pursue it. Just keeping up with rock by the end of the '70s was a handful. This later led me to James Brown/Maceo Parker (JB's), War (again), and just about every funk/jazz side street in and around it, all the way back to the Hard Bop era. Never really got into Miles Davis, and would opt for something like early Herbie Hancock stuff instead.

Just weird how a beat from one song can spark such a long musical journey.

Great song. Still sounds fresh today. Great music makes great memories. Bowie was the best. Saw his Serious Moonlight tour for Let’s Dance in 83. One of the best shows ever. Great live or in the studio. Miss him making music.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
A fairly new Canadian Band called Crown Lands. They are a cross between Led Zep's later albums and Rush's earlier albums.

IMG_9227.jpg
IMG_9228.jpg

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
Cool. Then you must have the Fare the Well shows box set? I've got that stuff too. I don't know who they are other than for doing that show's intermission music
No, I don't have the box set or even a single CD by them. I typically wait and see if it is just a phase I am going thru or if it sticks long term before investing in it. I'm not much of a collector beyond speakers, tools, and fishing gear. The value for me in this particular case is getting my money's worth out of Pandora's discovery path.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I'm not sure I should like it, but I do. Heard it on the radio. Wish George Michael was still around, ;and man was he a sensational singer. He could really belt them out. His vocals are really on full display in the outro. Upbeat, danceable pop, carefree, happy etc. The essence of pop music. The lyrics are purely disposable, but slightly better than "wake me up before you go-go" LOL. Anyway, thanks for the memories. George really was an unreal singer.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Also George's breathier vocals are pretty great too. Regarding "Freedom," it just might be Wham's best one. George's vox are unstoppable. A generational talent IMO.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis