Once again: what are you listening to now? Part 2.

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Senior Audioholic
Have been listening to the Little Feat box set for Waiting for Columbus. A great band in concert.

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
That bass. Near field with super potent waveguide speakers turned up loud enough, no less.

Last edited:
crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
I used to listen to Little River Band a lot. I have several vinyls I believe. Haven't listened for a long time. Not since I went off to college in1980 at least.

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Senior Audioholic
Just got the Rhino reissued Little Feat CDs Sailing Shoes and Dixie Chicken. 4 CDs total. Great music for a Saturday night And Sunday morning.

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
I used to listen to Little River Band a lot. I have several vinyls I believe. Haven't listened for a long time. Not since I went off to college in1980 at least.
I never really had time for them back in the day and revisited them again about 5 years ago beyond their most popular early hits. Definitely has been worth rediscovering. I had them on at work the other day via the echo dot and everyone that came into the shop mentioned liking it.

A favorite song by them is: Take It Easy On Me

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Senior Audioholic
Al Stewart, Donald Fagen solo and LRB. All great Stuff. Check out the Other Guys movie with Will Farrell if you haven’t already. He’s a big LRB fan and the the jokes digging on his music are hilarious.

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
Yello Point - Blu-ray Audio disc. Atmos
I have most of their CDs. Even the regular issue ones are well recorded. It's not even my style of music but they do it so well that it's a blast to listen to. I got my 30 yr old son and his friends hooked on it.

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
Al Stewart, Donald Fagen solo and LRB. All great Stuff. Check out the Other Guys movie with Will Farrell if you haven’t already. He’s a big LRB fan and the the jokes digging on his music are hilarious.
Al Stewart is a great talent that to me is an acquired taste. So different yet so very good.
Year of the Cat is just one odd piece of music yet it still plays well today. Thanks for the reminder

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja

Amazon HD with a conjured up radio station which is called "The station Galactic." Galactic is a funk/jam/fusion of different sorts but the algorithm discovery mode leads down a lot of interesting paths featuring jam bands, indie-ish/folk new wave and some other genres that there are probably too many names for.

It's a rainy morning so far, so I broke out the Bagby Continuums for a tabletop/cheap electronics slum session. In spite of the low cost, this is a very low distortion setup, even cumulatively random as what all I have hooked up to it may be. The speakers are just that sweet to where they tend to just be themselves, regardless of what electronics are hooked up to them. Studio monitors for an audience of one. It's something that tends to be adaptable to a lot of different environments.

A good song will come on, and I will be compelled to pull up the chair for full effect, and I'll end up sitting there for hours if the good songs keep coming.

Last edited:
Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Senior Audioholic

Amazon HD with a conjured up radio station which is called "The station Galactic." Galactic is a funk/jam/fusion of different sorts but the algorithm discovery mode leads down a lot of interesting paths featuring jam bands, indie-ish/folk new wave and some other genres that there are probably too many names for.

It's a rainy morning so far, so I broke out the Bagby Continuums for a tabletop/cheap electronics slum session. In spite of the low cost, this is a very low distortion setup, even cumulatively random as what all I have hooked up to it may be. The speakers are just that sweet to where they tend to just be themselves, regardless of what electronics are hooked up to them. Studio monitors for an audience of one. It's something that tends to be adaptable to a lot of different environments.

A good song will come on, and I will be compelled to pull up the chair for full effect, and I'll end up sitting there for hours if the good songs keep coming.
Love the DIY look thanks for sharing. Nothing better to do on a rainy day Than listen to music. Enjoy!

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
One of a few of these excellent recordings via the Three Blind Mice label and associates that I managed to collect. Very well recorded and the piano is definitely in the room where this is played. Tsuyoshi Yamamoto Trio is just one of those cures for piano, double bass, and simple percussion itches. Fun stuff.

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
Another excellent recording. The sound level on this is up there so it takes a lot less of the volume knob. I dig how they give the microphone setup in the liner notes on some of these records.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis