Once again: what are you listening to now? Part 2.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Crosses (one of Chino Moreno of Deftones side projects) released new tracks. This one is solid

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Last night's listening sessions over two different systems

IMG_6433.jpg
IMG_6435.jpg

Its not as good as his first album

And this at bedtime,
IMG_6437.jpg
IMG_6438.jpg

Dam that guy can play a mean guitar..

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Dave Grohl's new album, Dream Widow: Dream Widow, March Of The Insane

I'm only 3 songs in and that's the one I'm at right now. I'm still checking it out and haven't heard it all yet, but seems like a heavy metal tribute type thing. Lots of energy and old school thrash and metal sensibilities. Something different for Dave, and maybe the rest of the band? I don't even know who all is in this aside from Dave.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Dave Grohl's new album, Dream Widow: Dream Widow, March Of The Insane

I'm only 3 songs in and that's the one I'm at right now. I'm still checking it out and haven't heard it all yet, but seems like a heavy metal tribute type thing. Lots of energy and old school thrash and metal sensibilities. Something different for Dave, and maybe the rest of the band? I don't even know who all is in this aside from Dave.
Have you seen the Dave Grohl "Play" video where he plays all of the instruments? The song starts at 8:10. Pretty talented guy. (More my taste in music ;))

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Have you seen the Dave Grohl "Play" video where he plays all of the instruments? The song starts at 8:10. Pretty talented guy. (More my taste in music ;))
No, but that does sound really cool! I'll check that out here in a bit.

You've likely seen me link Leo before. He also plays all of the instruments in his videos and they show him on each one using different cuts. Well, I say "they" when it should be "he". He also shoots, records and edits everything himself. He's a pretty talented guy too. He lives somewhere in Europe. The Netherlands maybe?

He has a guest singer for that one, but he has a ton with just him. Some are very good, some are... meh. The good ones are great tho. You might get a kick out of his bunny costume at the mall... lol.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
No, but that does sound really cool! I'll check that out here in a bit.

You've likely seen me link Leo before. He also plays all of the instruments in his videos and they show him on each one using different cuts. Well, I say "they" when it should be "he". He also shoots, records and edits everything himself. He's a pretty talented guy too. He lives somewhere in Europe. The Netherlands maybe?

He has a guest singer for that one, but he has a ton with just him. Some are very good, some are... meh. The good ones are great tho. You might get a kick out of his bunny costume at the mall... lol.

I watched both of the vids that you posted for him in the Covers thread (Africa & Feel Good). Yeah, the bunny outfit was pretty killer. :D Like the outro too!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I watched both of the vids that you posted for him in the Covers thread (Africa & Feel Good). Yeah, the bunny outfit was pretty killer. :D Like the outro too!
Yeah I figured you'd seen them.

Back to Dave Grohl, from what I can find it looks like Dream Widow is all him. I think he played all of the instruments and sang on it himself.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah I figured you'd seen them.

Back to Dave Grohl, from what I can find it looks like Dream Widow is all him. I think he played all of the instruments and sang on it himself.
That wouldn't surprise me, except that it's a metal album maybe :).

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
That video is pretty awesome! He's so talented on everything and I'd daresay he was playing with polyrhythms and an odd time signature there for a bit on the drums!

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
That video is pretty awesome! He's so talented on everything and I'd daresay he was playing with polyrhythms and an odd time signature there for a bit on the drums!
Pretty cool, isn't it? I watched the bunny vid again. Can't help but put a smile on my face! :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis