JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Ninja
Location, location, location- I'm in the oldest part of the city where I live (adjacent to Milwaukee) and most houses sell quickly, for asking price and more.
I'm in one of the hottest markets in one of the hottest states (Tampa FL). We *were* seeing super-rapid sales a few months ago. We are not now.

The house where I grew up sold the last time in a couple of days- I drove near it and saw the sign on a Saturday, on Tuesday, it had 'Offer Accepted'. I just checked that address on Zillow and the estimated selling price is up >60% since the April, 2018 selling price. Some sell within hours of the open house, some sell before a sign goes up. The house next door hit the market a couple of weeks ago and the listing shows that its value increased 108% in the last ten years.
Yes. The whole market shot up in the last 6 years. But it's not been rising in the last 6 months.

The areas near Lake Drive sell quickly, even though they're very expensive- that market is often less affected because many buyers have enough cash to walk in and make it happen without a mortgage.
Cash buyers are still out there, though the slowed market gives them more bargaining power. Non-cash buyers seem to be holding off on interest rates.

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Ninja
I'll look for a link.

Michelle said that generational wealth is "affirmative action for the rich"- who will get their millions?

Then, there's his "you didn't do that" comment. Did he do this? Inquiring minds want to know.
Are you just throwing every sentence fragment you can at the wall to see what sticks? How about we complete the one your already raised before we move on (and likely you then move on again after I respond).

Pick one. Cite it from a credible source. I'll likely respond. Until then, it's not my job to be your personal research assistant for every partial quote you sort-of remember.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
I'm in one of the hottest markets in one of the hottest states (Tampa FL). We *were* seeing super-rapid sales a few months ago. We are not now.

Yes. The whole market shot up in the last 6 years. But it's not been rising in the last 6 months.

Cash buyers are still out there, though the slowed market gives them more bargaining power. Non-cash buyers seem to be holding off on interest rates.
Markets welll ..... I am never gonna sell, where I do live, thet´re gonna carry me OutOfHere :D
Immediate seafront apt, at the best place in the city, I can look down at the sea from my dining area ..... what else do I need? :cool:

Last edited:
JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Ninja
Markets welll ..... I am never gonna sell, where I do live, thet´re gonna carry me OutOfHere :D
Immediate seafront apt, at the best place in the city, I can look down at the sea from my dining area ..... what else do I need? :cool:
I felt the same way. I won the proverbial lottery getting this lot in this neighborhood. Then I had kids and they have needs that cannot be met in Florida. So, very sadly, I'm moving.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
I felt the same way. I won the proverbial lottery getting this lot in this neighborhood. Then I had kids and they have needs that cannot be met in Florida. So, very sadly, I'm moving.
OH NO, selling your dream home? :eek:

to me.... kids moved out, I have dream home, I have good wife, extremely happy about audio system, flat is best place I ever been...... except the previous flat I rented had way better conditions with sun,. sun all day until sunset, here the sun disappear at 3.13 pm.... anyways it looks set, done, deal :D

Last edited:
haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Since it was past his first BBQ, why bother. :D :D :D
SERIOUSLY...... Don´t come to me for BBQ, somehow I always manage to fu$# up the food when BBQing :eek: :Do_O
well, my wife promised to take care if it so we don´t get fu$r# ups with BBQ :D :cool: ... well I fix everything else around here, just not the grilling :cool:

we just then need to purchase the gas grill :cool:

BTW, about BBQ, just about the best thing ever, as I lived two years down under, BBQd Kangaroo is insanely great, if done properly :cool:

Last edited:
mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
SERIOUSLY...... Don´t come to me for BBQ, somehow I always manage to fu$# up the food when BBQing :eek: :Do_O
well, my wife promised to take care if it so we don´t get fu$r# ups with BBQ :D :cool: ... well I fix everything else around here, just not the grilling :cool:

we just then need to purchase the gas grill :cool:

BTW, about BBQ, just about the best thing ever, as I lived two years down under, BBQd Kangaroo is insanely great, if done properly :cool:
We gonna start charging for all those emojis :D

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Ninja
OH NO, selling your dream home? :eek:

to me.... kids moved out, I have dream home, I have good wife, extremely happy about audio system, flat is best place I ever been...... except the previous flat I rented had way better conditions with sun,. sun all day until sunset, here the sun disappear at 3.13 pm.... anyways it looks set, done, deal :D
Sadly yes. They built this little community in the middle of the Florida wildlife corridor. It's right next to the interstate (which was otherwise all built out), it's got the best schools around (and unlike the new divisions isn't over crowded). I've got an oversized lot and a layout I love. I back up to HOA-owned forest that backs up to SWFMUD forest. I have a beautiful oak in my backyard that made me pick the lot. And I got to build it the way I want (There's almost 200k in upgrades in the house).

And I'm not getting nearly what I or the appraiser feel this should go for. Everyone seems to be waiting on interest rates; so it's selling for less than the same house new (mine is 6 years old) 30 min farther from everything, in the bad school zone, on a lot that backs up to another house, without my solar, or my powerwalls, or even many of my structural changes.

Sorry for the vent. Just really sad about it. I had planned to live here at least until the kids left and possibly long past; and now I have to move to where I've yet to find a house design that isn't stupid, and pay double the interest rate (who wanted to retire while alive anyway, huh?).

Bonus: if the market does crash after I buy, since I'm in a more expensive house (more expensive area), I'll be harmed more :)

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Sadly yes. They built this little community in the middle of the Florida wildlife corridor. It's right next to the interstate (which was otherwise all built out), it's got the best schools around (and unlike the new divisions isn't over crowded). I've got an oversized lot and a layout I love. I back up to HOA-owned forest that backs up to SWFMUD forest. I have a beautiful oak in my backyard that made me pick the lot. And I got to build it the way I want (There's almost 200k in upgrades in the house).

And I'm not getting nearly what I or the appraiser feel this should go for. Everyone seems to be waiting on interest rates; so it's selling for less than the same house new (mine is 6 years old) 30 min farther from everything, in the bad school zone, on a lot that backs up to another house, without my solar, or my powerwalls, or even many of my structural changes.

Sorry for the vent. Just really sad about it. I had planned to live here at least until the kids left and possibly long past; and now I have to move to where I've yet to find a house design that isn't stupid, and pay double the interest rate (who wanted to retire while alive anyway, huh?).

Bonus: if the market does crash after I buy, since I'm in a more expensive house (more expensive area), I'll be harmed more :)
Wow, that's a drag.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan

Sad, job relocation ? why move ?

highfigh

highfigh

They're known to be generous donors to charity, but I don't think their kids will go hungry either. I don't think she meant that nobody should inherit wealth - just recognize the advantage gained by the happy accident of being born into wealth. Too many people who were born on third base think they hit a home run when they reach home plate. And, conversely, don't assume that people on the bottom rung of the economic ladder are lazy, stupid or otherwise undeserving.

I think if you asked him, he would admit that if he had remained a civil rights lawyer, nobody would be interested in reading his books or hearing him speak.
They damned well better be generous donors, for all of the preaching they have done!

Michelle has made comments that showed some of her attitude toward White people, at times. She talked about White Flight from the area where she lived- in the first link-

" “As we moved in, white folks moved out because they were afraid of what our families represented,” Obama said at the summit. “Y’all were running from us. And you’re still running.”

She also compared her family’s struggle to that of other minority groups who are seeking a better life."

That reads as if it was assumed, not quoted from the ones who left the area. If anyone has discussed attitudes about other groups, they surely have heard that some Whites are actually afraid of Blacks and IMO, it's because of their own ignorance but it would be difficult to try and get them to speak with someone who's different. They know what they see on TV and don't like it, so they assume they won't like whomever they meet.

She mentions seeking a better life- moving from the South Side of Chicago IS seeking a better live, regardless of ethnicity, race, whatever someone wants to call it. Why should she point fingers at only Whites?

She also said this (second link)- "‘One by one, they packed their bags and they ran from us, and they left communities in shambles’ — Michelle Obama reflected on the pain that white flight caused her family"

So, after all of the White families were replaced, it's THEIR fault the communities were in shambles???????????

Personally, I moved back to the area where I grew up because I was tired of losing cars, tools, etc and because the violence in the areas of Milwaukee where I had lived was increasing. None of the places in MKE would have been called 'a good area' but my property losses weren't confined to where I lived- that happened in several areas. I was accused of White Flight by a 20-something White woman who grew up in an area of Madison, WI that would be similar to some of the best areas of Milwaukee, but her attitude seemed to be "You should live in the city as a way to show that you don't have prejudices" and when I told her where I had lived, she understood why I left.

1) https://time.com/5714285/michelle-obama-white-flight/

2) https://x.com/nowthisimpact/status/1189505476893040640?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1189505476893040640|twgr^169d98dc3cb273f974a1f5f2b594e8b1b2a11860|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https://www.businessinsider.com/former-first-lady-michelle-obama-recounts-experience-discrimination-white-flight-2019-10

highfigh

highfigh

Too many people who were born on third base think they hit a home run when they reach home plate. And, conversely, don't assume that people on the bottom rung of the economic ladder are lazy, stupid or otherwise undeserving.
To his credit, Warren Buffet's son, Peter, wanted to make his own way in life and as the article shows, "follow his passion for music", so he sold the @90K in shares of Berkshire Hathaway given to him by his father 47 years ago. Warren said that would be all he would get for personal use and it would have been worth hundreds of millions of dollars. He dropped out of college and has had a very nice career, even if he isn't a pop star or household name for it.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/warren-buffetts-son-didnt-sell-213017552.html

Many people just need a break.

highfigh

highfigh

Are you just throwing every sentence fragment you can at the wall to see what sticks? How about we complete the one your already raised before we move on (and likely you then move on again after I respond).

Pick one. Cite it from a credible source. I'll likely respond. Until then, it's not my job to be your personal research assistant for every partial quote you sort-of remember.
You just need to do a simple search to find the same info I did- copy and paste it. I didn't make this poop up.

highfigh

highfigh

Once again, you're referring to, in your words, "the whole market". I'm referring to the local market and wrote that but you ignored it.

With the growing list of insurers dropping FLA homes, I don't know why the decrease is surprising. How much hurricane damage do they have to cover before they give up?

Good thing you aren't closer to Ft Myers- Hurricane Ian really tore that area up.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis