A

abboudc

Audioholic Chief
You ever play Tecmo Super Bowl 3 final edition. Greatest football game of all time IMO.
Can't say that i have. But i loved the first Super Bowl (heck, i loved the ORIGINAL Tecmo bowl, even with only 4 plays). Even 20+ years later, the multiplayer, game pacing, stats, etc are still better than any Madden.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Can't say that i have. But i loved the first Super Bowl (heck, i loved the ORIGINAL Tecmo bowl, even with only 4 plays). Even 20+ years later, the multiplayer, game pacing, stats, etc are still better than any Madden.
Wow! I totally forgot about Tecmo Bowl, that is a classic and unbelievable game. Tecmo Superbowl was really good too and made all the necessary improvements for its time.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I don't know if anyone else has brought this one up (too lazy to look;))

Nintendo's Super Dodgeball!

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Tecmo Super Bowl Final Edition invented the dynasty and player creation. Their system was amazing. Most players would stop progressing, but if you got an all 99. Let's just say he was unstoppable. Plus they had the legends(hall of famers go into the free agency at a certain year.) They were amazing.

B

bombarde32

Audioholic
Wow! I totally forgot about Tecmo Bowl, that is a classic and unbelievable game. Tecmo Superbowl was really good too and made all the necessary improvements for its time.
And to this day no one has ever beat me on Tecmo Bowl except my brother. Man he's good at gaming ...

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
And to this day no one has ever beat me on Tecmo Bowl except my brother. Man he's good at gaming ...
I've got a friend that can dive sack you every time it's hilarious. He crushed me in Tecmo Bowl.

Then we hooked up Madden and I got revenge. LOL.

B

bombarde32

Audioholic
I've got a friend that can dive sack you every time it's hilarious. He crushed me in Tecmo Bowl.

Then we hooked up Madden and I got revenge. LOL.
Sweet. If your friend is ever in Louisiana tell him to bring it over. I'd love to have a challenge! :D

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
How about Sega Genesis games?

I used to really like James "Buster" Douglas boxing and Joe Montana football.

Joe Montana football had this weird "glitch" in it where the camera started out as an aerial view, but then would zoom in as soon as you crossed the line of scrimmage. If you happened to be trying to tackle someone right as this camera change was happening, you would have a tiny "aerial view" guy trying to tackle the full size "zoomed in" guy and you'd get run over. I called it mini-man. Used to piss me off to no end.

B

bombarde32

Audioholic
Oh, I forgot about this one ...

NES - Rush 'n Attack ... kind of obvious where they were going with that name eh?

Thunder18

Thunder18

Senior Audioholic
Sega Genesis
Phantasy Star 4. Probably my first exposure to an rpg and I spent months trying to beat it.
Streets of Rage 1, 2 and 3

Sega Saturn
Street Fighter Zero(Alpha) 1 and 2. With the 8 megabyte ram card there was no load time. It was like playing in the arcade and the 6 button controller with a d-pad that actually made it possibly to move diagonally...it was fighter heaven.
Magical Knight Rayearth. An amazing game based on the anime of the same name. It was like playing the anime.

PC
Wing Commander 1, 2, 3 and 4. I remember I could play the first two on floppy discs(lots of them). However, Wing Commander 3 had me begging my dad to upgrade the 286 with a multimedia kit(cd rom drive and sound blaster sound card) otherwise I couldn't play the game. I went through many joysticks with those games.

Vintage_Hi-Fi

Vintage_Hi-Fi

Audioholic Intern
I would have to go with Dinosaurs for hire or Micheal Jacksons Moonwalker on the Sega Genesis.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
any of you play Intellivision
More hours than I should have. :)

We got one of those instead of an Atari when I was a kid. You can download some of the games for a PC, btw.

EDIT: Available for the Mac, as well. One site for both PC and Mac is linked here.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
More hours than I should have. :)

We got one of those instead of an Atari when I was a kid. You can download some of the games for a PC, btw.

EDIT: Available for the Mac, as well. One site for both PC and Mac is linked here.
Dude this is great. I loved Intellivision. I remember horse racing.

My parents got one too.

Thunder18

Thunder18

Senior Audioholic
Does this bring back memories? :)

That's interesting. I had a Coleco Adam with the ColecoVision gaming console built-in. The games for it also included cards that looked like that and corresponded to specific keys on the numeric key keypad.
I remember playing Q-bert, Popeye the sailer, Zaxxon, Star Trek, Sub-Roc, Fortune Builder, Donkey Kong and Gateway to Apshai.

Chopper Greg

Chopper Greg

Audioholic
I personaly enjoyed the Army Men series ( espeicaly head to head ) for the PS1, and MechWarrior 3 & 4 for the PC.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis