lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
last night I fired up Final Fantasy II(IV in japan). I must say that while graphics have gotten way better. Storyline, controls and gameplay were surprisingly good back then. And the music is what makes the game.

What old school games do you like? Lets keep em ps1 and earlier. ps2 isn't old school IMO.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
I still love Mike Tyson`s Punch-Out on the NES. Contra on the NES. Counter-Strike on the PC. Soul Calibur on the Dreamcast (never owned this console). GoldenEye 007 multi-player for the N64. Strider on the Sega Genesis

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
Zork. Master of Orion 1-2 (3 was awful). Contra is still fun :).

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
Dang! I thought this thread was going to be about Pong. :cool:

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
Dang! I thought this thread was going to be about Pong. :cool:
Those were the good old days. But since then computers have started doing a little more than playing pong.... very little more.

M

MatthewB.

Audioholic General
I have a Panasonic 3DO still in use and some of the graphics (20 years old) almost match what is out today.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Hahaha, hell yes, I still have my dreamcast hooked up for this purpose.
I'll list mine later :D
Its too bad Sega could not compete with the dreamcast against the likes of the corporate giants Microsoft and Sony. It was one hell of a gaming system with a lot of great games.

N

newaudiofile

Audioholic
Mario. Super Mario brothers.

I love the game, I love the sound.

B

bombarde32

Audioholic
Final Fantasy

I'm going with old school final fantasy ... II and III (us version numbers) in particular. Before Square decided graphics, sound and "accessibility" for the broader market trumped gameplay and storyline.

The new games are visually stunning, great sound, etc. But if you want a real challenge fire up TMNT on the NES and see if you can get through that puppy ...

B

bombarde32

Audioholic
last night I fired up Final Fantasy II(IV in japan). I must say that while graphics have gotten way better. Storyline, controls and gameplay were surprisingly good back then. And the music is what makes the game.

What old school games do you like? Lets keep em ps1 and earlier. ps2 isn't old school IMO.
BTW - If you didn't know they extended the FF II storyline on the Wii using the original sound and graphics (YAY! 8 bit rocks). It's a series of sub plots, each focused on a single character from the original, that swirl around the main plot of Golbez's return. Not too shabby actually ...

I also hear there's some interesting 3d remakes of FF stuff on the Nintendo DS but haven't investigated personally.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
By the time the new Half-Life3 game comes out, HL & HL2 will be considered Old School

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
You said PS2 wasn't really old school, but one of the very first RPGs for the PS2 was Dark Cloud. That is an excellent old school game IMO.

Duke Nukem and Quake on the PC :D

You want Old School? PONG :eek: My neighbor actually had the console and we would play it for hours.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis