Obi-Wan Kenobi on Disney+

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
The thing is that even Ep IV and Ep VI were pretty horribly flawed. Empire was too, most likely, but Is easier for me to look past that because it's arguably the best of them all. *blushes
Lucas is a visionary artist with great flaws, and this tells across the boundaries of everything he touched, IMO.

To think the SW franchise is magically going to change is like expecting Star Trek to change.

NOT
Gonna
Happen.
;)

The best we can really hope for is that we get a good ride with exceptional effects!

It was easier for us to look beyond the flaws 40 yrs ago. Our expectations are too high now and we forget the flawed foundation we hope to be stable enough to build towers of excellence upon.

I'll take the quirks, as long as they deliver on the ride.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I don't have an issue with Ben regaining his powers from the FORCE in an hurry.

What most of us have a problem with is his sword/lightsaber fighting skills, which you do LOSE if you don't use the lightsaber for years.

I assume all Jedi have to train wielding a lightsaber like anyone would have to train wielding a sword. The Force can give them power, but the force isn't going to wield the lightsaber for them. :D

Another question - what kind of a Jedi Master would completely give up his training and be such a coward like they way they portrayed Ben in the beginning? :D
Regarding the lightsaber, the force helps with that as well, Think back to the original Star Wars, Luke used the force to block the trainer laser ball. That and he probably trained for 30+ years before the break.

The story behind Ben giving up the lightsaber was that the Jedi were being hunted, he had to go into hiding so he could keep an eye on Luke, and you can't exactly do that having to fight the Sith.

I agree he was a little cowardly when he was hunted by the grad inquisitor, I will give you that.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.

I agree he was a little cowardly when he was hunted by the grad inquisitor, I will give you that.
But why would he expose himself before the time was right or was really needed?

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Eh, another unnecessary and underwhelming entry that only f#%ks with continuity. Next!

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Eh, another unnecessary and underwhelming entry that only f#%ks with continuity. Next!
Get ready for 10 more Marvel shows and 10 more star wars shows!! I think they have enough for the next 20 years. :p

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
To advance to plot! of course, but agree
Yeah, if Ben had kicked Vader and the Inquisitors a$$es and shaken them like rag dolls, it would be over.

Unless we want to see Ben kick all their a$$es and shake them like rag dolls in every episode. :D

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
The thing is that even Ep IV and Ep VI were pretty horribly flawed. Empire was too, most likely, but Is easier for me to look past that because it's arguably the best of them all. *blushes
Lucas is a visionary artist with great flaws, and this tells across the boundaries of everything he touched, IMO.

To think the SW franchise is magically going to change is like expecting Star Trek to change.

NOT
Gonna
Happen.
;)

The best we can really hope for is that we get a good ride with exceptional effects!

It was easier for us to look beyond the flaws 40 yrs ago. Our expectations are too high now and we forget the flawed foundation we hope to be stable enough to build towers of excellence upon.

I'll take the quirks, as long as they deliver on the ride.
I think you make an excellent point. I think what made Star Wars so good was the quirky imperfections at times. Art imitates life and that's an exact parallel to life. Lifes quirky and even terrible imperfections only highlight what makes life so wonderful all at the same time. Anne Rice in her series of stories about vampires used to write about life being a Savage Garden both Eden and Hell all at the same time.

I think that's what makes Star Wars work. It's quirky and imperfect and despite all that it's wonderful all at the same time. So we are able to look past the problems and get lost in what makes the stories great. Lucas wasn't perfect but that's what helped us buy into it

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
A big tragedy is that after Disney bought the rights to Star Wars they choose to disregard a lot of cannon that had been established in comics and novels for over 40 years after the original trilogy was released.

Those stories were epic and very rich and detailed and they expanded on what made Lucas's original ideas so great while working out some of the quirks

It always broke my heart to see Disney choose not to follow the cannon that was written after the original movies. Luke's life after Return of the Jedi was epic he married and his wife was originally a force user who was sent to assassinate him but fell in love with him instead and overthrew the Darkside of the force and became a Jedi herself.

Luke reinvisioned the Jedi order abandoning the old orders forbidding relationships and attachments and emotions due to how he learned how that contributed to his fathers downfall.

There were so many good rich stories to tap into just a waste that they didn't

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
One thing they did get right is Obi Wan hiding out on Tattoine. That is in the cannon. Vader was a psychological mess after his fall from the light an the duel he lost that turned him into what he became. He avoided any memories of his past his wife and other memories of his time in the light at all costs. He would never go to Tattoine and face those memories. Obi Wan knew it was the safest place in the entire galaxy for him to hide with Luke

So they got that part spot on

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Sorry guys I'm a Star Wars geek I just geeked out all over the place right now :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis