Non-Partisan discussion... when are you too old to be in office?

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
No, you thought, with your usually misplaced smarmy 'intellect', your perception of my 'resistance to facts'.
There are a number of threads refuting your claims with a number of credible links showing them, if not outright false, at least very questionable.

We knew very well that you wouldn’t understand but was posted as a public service to other readers of your posts. It was posted in the same spirit as when several members were refuting anti-vaxxers in the Corona thread. Of course they did not believe the anti-vaxxers would be convinced as they are, to use your language, fucking morons.

jinjuku

jinjuku

There are a number of threads refuting your claims with a number of credible links showing them, if not outright false, at least very questionable.

We knew very well that you wouldn’t understand but was posted as a public service to other readers of your posts. It was posted in the same spirit as when several members were refuting anti-vaxxers in the Corona thread. Of course they did not believe the anti-vaxxers would be convinced as they are, to use your language, fucking morons.
I've yet to see you debunk any position I've made...

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I've yet to see you debunk any position I've made...
You claim to be an IT-professional so I assumed you knew how to use the forum search button. There is also Google search with the handy “site:audioholics.com”, and yes, you can use it for other sites as well, but you’ll have to put that on the left side of the “site:” after removing audioholics.com as well as the quotation marks.

Last edited:
jinjuku

jinjuku

You claim to be an IT-professional so I assumed you knew how to use the forum search button. There is also Google search with the handy “site:audioholics.com”, and yes, you can use it for other sites as well.
I've seen you try and I've responded with my own links to reputable sources including government reports.

As Mark Twain once quipped: “It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.”

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I've seen you try and I've responded with my own links to reputable sources including government reports.
At those times your links did not support your claims, and it was certainly not only me commenting upon your links or claims with facts.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Diane Feinstein was only human. I think she may have known she was circling the drain and wanted to die as a senator. Let her rest in peace.

On the other hand, I really do mind when politicians of all stripes obfuscate and downplay who their financial backers are and how much money they've pocketed. Let them rest in pee.
But if that's true, it was a selfish thing for her to want and being a US Senator is supposed to be in service to the constituents.

highfigh

highfigh

I can't agree. How would we distinguish between diminished & non-diminished mental capacities? I haven't seen any practical ideas on that.
Seriously? Tests for mental competence have existed for a long time. If someone is easily confused, has terrible memory, can't pay attention- the combination of these and other traits would easily determine someones' mental abilities.

highfigh

highfigh

"Stable incumbent with a winning record and an impressive set of achievements"? Holy crap! What a load!

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
No. I moved house and went from 2.85% to 6.75%. Just one example. Let me know if that isn't a 'right fact'.

I think I narrowly missed paying for everyone else's University education and I don't even have one of those.
You do know that interest rates have been climbing all over the world, right? Is Dark Brandon responsible for that as well?

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Regardless of whether one believes Biden is mentally diminished, he's done very well on Ukraine and he's doing well on Israel/Gaza right now, as far as I'm concerned. I don't know where we would be if TFG was still in office - but it wouldn't be good. The US would be better off with a Biden in decline than with a narcissistic, sociopathic man-child in office.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Regardless of whether one believes Biden is mentally diminished, he's done very well on Ukraine and he's doing well on Israel/Gaza right now, as far as I'm concerned. I don't know where we would be if TFG was still in office - but it wouldn't be good. The US would be better off with a Biden in decline than with a narcissistic, sociopathic man-child in office.
Sorry but you're doing nothing more than defending a second string QB IMO. Saying he's better than Trump means little. What kind of grade on his report card would you give him ? I'll be kind and give him a 'C' ...........

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Sorry but you're doing nothing more than defending a second string QB IMO. Saying he's better than Trump means little. What kind of grade on his report card would you give him ? I'll be kind and give him a 'C' ...........
I never claimed that he will go down in history as the greatest president. But, right now, not being Trump means a lot. Since his term is still in progress, I won't give him a final mark yet.

highfigh

highfigh

His advisors have done well in Ukraine- Biden hasn't done anything and I doubt he would be able to make a decision on his about it. Credit where credit is due- most Presidents receive credit for something they didn't do in entirety.

No, the US would be better off with a POTUS who's NOT in decline. Not arguing with the other point, but in decline is never good when the POTUS is the one with that description. The best we can hope for is that his advisors do their jobs in a way that's best for the country, without imparting their personal agendas.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
His advisors have done well in Ukraine- Biden hasn't done anything and I doubt he would be able to make a decision on his about it. Credit where credit is due- most Presidents receive credit for something they didn't do in entirety.

No, the US would be better off with a POTUS who's NOT in decline. Not arguing with the other point, but in decline is never good when the POTUS is the one with that description. The best we can hope for is that his advisors do their jobs in a way that's best for the country, without imparting their personal agendas.
Okie-dokie.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
No, the US would be better off with a POTUS who's NOT in decline.
No one could argue that Trump "The Orange Peril", nor his GOP predecessor W "Dumb as a Bag of Rocks" were in decline. They were both at their peaks. And that was the problem.

Last edited:
GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I have to assume that you watch Biden and listen to what he says- he's sometimes coherent, but not always. If you disagree, nobody can help you.
I'm not looking for any help, but thanks for your concern. ;)

I don't make a habit of watching Biden speak, but I see occasional clips. I heard him speak in Israel yesterday and he did fine. Bear in mind, he's been dealing with a stutter/stammer since childhood, which most certainly affects his speaking performance. There's no doubt that he isn't as robust as he used to be but, if he was truly in mental decline, why is it necessary to post doctored and out-of-context video to make it appear so.

The pro-Trump campaign attacking Biden’s mental health is ramping back up | Joe Biden | The Guardian

Just understand that, as a non-American, I look at US politics primarily from that perspective. While I want Americans to be well-served by their elected representatives, I'm more concerned about their impact on world affairs than the average American is likely to be. So, if say...Djibouti...went down the toilet, it would be disastrous for them, but probably inconsequential for the rest of the world. It would be a different story should that happen to the world's primary superpower. From that perspective, 2024 will be a defensive election - less about electing the next Lincoln or FDR, more about preventing another Trump term. If Biden is the only Dem candidate that independents and moderate Republicans would be willing to vote for in a contest against Trump, I see no alternative.

You stated that "Biden's advisors have done well". At least he was sufficiently on the ball to bring in good ones, while Trump surrounded himself with incompetent sycophants and grifters.

While I won't go so far as to equate Trump with Hitler, I predict that future historians will look back at his voters the same way they look at German voters in the 1930's: "What the fu@k were they thinking?!"

highfigh

highfigh

I'm not looking for any help, but thanks for your concern. ;)

I don't make a habit of watching Biden speak, but I see occasional clips. I heard him speak in Israel yesterday and he did fine. Bear in mind, he's been dealing with a stutter/stammer since childhood, which most certainly affects his speaking performance. There's no doubt that he isn't as robust as he used to be but, if he was truly in mental decline, why is it necessary to post doctored and out-of-context video to make it appear so.

The pro-Trump campaign attacking Biden’s mental health is ramping back up | Joe Biden | The Guardian

Just understand that, as a non-American, I look at US politics primarily from that perspective. While I want Americans to be well-served by their elected representatives, I'm more concerned about their impact on world affairs than the average American is likely to be. So, if say...Djibouti...went down the toilet, it would be disastrous for them, but probably inconsequential for the rest of the world. It would be a different story should that happen to the world's primary superpower. From that perspective, 2024 will be a defensive election - less about electing the next Lincoln or FDR, more about preventing another Trump term. If Biden is the only Dem candidate that independents and moderate Republicans would be willing to vote for in a contest against Trump, I see no alternative.

You stated that "Biden's advisors have done well". At least he was sufficiently on the ball to bring in good ones, while Trump surrounded himself with incompetent sycophants and grifters.

While I won't go so far as to equate Trump with Hitler, I predict that future historians will look back at his voters the same way they look at German voters in the 1930's: "What the fu@k were they thinking?!"
I don't give a poop about the stutter/stammer and they have used that to deflect his lack of coherence. Watch more videos. He often makes no sense, looks like he's in dreamland and uses his hands in very strange ways, which I have commented on before- he acts very much like he has had a stroke. Half of the time, his eyes are like little slits, sometimes, one is open more than the other and this isn't in bright sunlight- he usually wears his 'hard guy/Top Gun/Walter the ventriloquist's dummy' shades.

He may have been 'on the ball' at the time but you really need to watch the videos- he wanders off during events, doesn't know where he needs to go or what to say (I don't care if he uses a teleprompter) and his word salads are giving Harris a run for her money on that.

There has to be an alternative. This is unacceptable and it will come to disaster.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis