Non-Partisan discussion... when are you too old to be in office?

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
He did get 19% of the votes in his first campaign in 1992 running for US President as a third candidate. No one in modern times has gotten anywhere near that.
Yes, but. Now he is 30+ years older. ;)

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
And now he wants to execute General Milley? Beyond scary.
General Milley could very well be a witness in one or more of the cases against Trump.

Smith has asked for a limited gag order against Trump but the federal judge has yet to make a ruling.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
WRT the partisanship- members of Congress fought in the chambers and dueled with firearms when they disagreed- maybe we need to have cage matches. That would make for some good entertainment and if it proves to be popular, they could charge admission as a way to offset the budget deficit that they created.
If nothing else, dueling with firearms or cage matches would create a disincentive to stay in office (at least for some).

It's unclear to me why so many politicians want to stay in office well past the typical retirement age. What's so wonderful about the job that it causes people to desperately cling to it until they're forced out? Perhaps those who crave power are drawn to politics and they can't let it go once they get a taste of it.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
It's unclear to me why so many politicians want to stay in office well past the typical retirement age. What's so wonderful about the job that it causes people to desperately cling to it until they're forced out?
actually, it's clear as day ! When in doubt of an explanation, simply, 'follow-the-money' ! One needs to look no further than the pride of 'New Joisey' , Senator Menendez ! ;)

highfigh

highfigh

There's a bunch of old age to deal with....like drumphy's babbling about the Panama canal. Scary to think that Biden and Drumphy are the leading candidates for 24.
If someone could get Trump to actually debate someone, it should be Biden. It could be help at a retirement home and they would fit in well.

"I remember.....ZZZZZZZ....... Matlock's on!"

I saw a video of Biden when the Office of Gun violence Prevention and he said '....and I've been to every mass shooting". No, he hasn't.

highfigh

highfigh

highfigh

highfigh

If nothing else, dueling with firearms or cage matches would create a disincentive to stay in office (at least for some).

It's unclear to me why so many politicians want to stay in office well past the typical retirement age. What's so wonderful about the job that it causes people to desperately cling to it until they're forced out? Perhaps those who crave power are drawn to politics and they can't let it go once they get a taste of it.
Disincentive? If they use tag teams, the main candidate can tag out immediately- neither could chase their opponent for a long time, anyway.

Why do they stay in office for so long? As posted, it's money. And power.

Homer Simpson told Monty Burns "Mr Burns, you're the richest man I know" and Burns replied "Yes, and for a little more, I'd trade it all".

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
How does it go from Trump went to a gun store to "Trump just apparently got a gun. Maybe"? Journalism is dead if they really posted that.

Look just a little harder before you post. Do you really think he or most people could go in and carry a gun out during the same visit to the gun store? And getting a CCP takes time, too.

They were clear about drumph said he wanted to buy one to the shop owner but nothing firm about doing so. He was probably hoping it would be gifted to him, tho. Legalities don't concern the drumph, he's above all that, doncha know?

highfigh

highfigh

They were clear about drumph said he wanted to buy one to the shop owner but nothing firm about doing so. He was probably hoping it would be gifted to him, tho. Legalities don't concern the drumph, he's above all that, doncha know?
Bought or gifted, a shop would need to do a background check or it will lose its FFL because the gun was store inventory. The legalities may not concern Trump, but you can bet they concern the store owner.

highfigh

highfigh

Feinstein has died.

It's annoying that politicians of all stripes consistently obfuscate and downplay their health issues.
Does the old guy being carried out at 1:00 into the video remind us of anyone?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis