No thoughts and prayers today?

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Misinformation does not help with gun control either. An AR-15 is not a military grade weapon, putting a ban on military grade guns or assault rifles WILL NOT ban the sales of AR-15s.
Ok write the law however you want it so these guns aren't sold anymore.
I work with a guy that was in Iraq twice who says that's the same gun I had on Iraq only a few differences. However you want to call it, guns like this should not be sold to citizens.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Ive read an there are plans on the internet how to make a gun with a 3d printer .
That doesn't sound dangerous at all. Plastic guns that can go right through airport security on to plane. Oh good times boys and girls, good times.

C

Crazy8s846

Audioholic
Army weapons are not to blame its the people in Russia you can by fully automatic ak 47 but you dont see mass crazed killers there.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Army weapons are not to blame its the people in Russia you can by fully automatic ak 47 but you dont see mass crazed killers there.
Russia doesn't allow guns. No one is gonna threaten Putin's authority. There is no way that is correct.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Russia doesn't allow guns. No one is gonna threaten Putin's authority. There is no way that is correct.
Erh, that is not quite accurate, according to wikipedia that cites the following reference: https://www.loc.gov/law/help/firearms-control/russia.php.

Browsing through the www.loc.gov text I see that firearms are much more regulated than in USA, but still, to quote from Wikipedia:

Russian citizens over 18 years of age can obtain a firearms license after attending gun-safety classes and passing a federal test and background check. The license is for five years and may be renewed. Firearms may be acquired for self-defense, hunting, or sports activities. Carrying permits may be issued for hunting firearms licensed for hunting purposes. Initially, purchase is limited to long smooth-bore firearms and pneumatic weapons with a muzzle energy of up to 25 joules (18 ft⋅lbf). After five years of shotgun ownership, rifles may be purchased. Handguns are generally not allowed. [my bold] Rifles and shotguns with barrels less than 500 mm (20 in) long are prohibited, as are firearms which shoot in bursts or have more than a 10-cartridge capacity. Suppressors are prohibited. An individual cannot possess more than ten guns (up to five shotguns and up to five rifles) unless they are part of a registered gun collection.​
Note the handgun prohibition that in USA accounts for about 70% of gun homicides.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Erh, that is not quite accurate, according to wikipedia that cites the following reference: https://www.loc.gov/law/help/firearms-control/russia.php.

Browsing through the www.loc.gov text I see that firearms are much more regulated than in USA, but still, to quote from Wikipedia:

Russian citizens over 18 years of age can obtain a firearms license after attending gun-safety classes and passing a federal test and background check. The license is for five years and may be renewed. Firearms may be acquired for self-defense, hunting, or sports activities. Carrying permits may be issued for hunting firearms licensed for hunting purposes. Initially, purchase is limited to long smooth-bore firearms and pneumatic weapons with a muzzle energy of up to 25 joules (18 ft⋅lbf). After five years of shotgun ownership, rifles may be purchased. Handguns are generally not allowed. [my bold] Rifles and shotguns with barrels less than 500 mm (20 in) long are prohibited, as are firearms which shoot in bursts or have more than a 10-cartridge capacity. Suppressors are prohibited. An individual cannot possess more than ten guns (up to five shotguns and up to five rifles) unless they are part of a registered gun collection.​
Note the handgun prohibition that in USA accounts for about 70% of gun homicides.
Quite honestly, better rules than we have by a mile. Clips should be less than 10.

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
All I hear from some people here is that there are obstacles ... Duh! Really?

So inertia wins again.

This will take time and patience. Look to Germany who has the highest privately owned guns in the world (89%) and England, where most policemen don't carry guns, Australia, Canada, Japan, etc.

What do they all have in common? A hell of a lot less mass shootings than we do.

Obviously what we've been doing is not working. Why is that so hard to understand?

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I am not saying not to bother with gun control, I am saying it would only partially address one symptom of a deeper underlying problem. By all means, restrict access to firearms.
OK, understand now.

B

bigkrazy155

Audioholic
Part of the problem (of fixing the problem) is the widespread, implicit belief that anyone who disagrees with "your" solution (whatever that might be) just doesn't want to solve the problem. I'd like to see everyone acknowledge that even those they disagree with have their intentions in the right place.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
All I hear from some people here is that there are obstacles ... Duh! Really?

So inertia wins again.

This will take time and patience. Look to Germany who has the highest privately owned guns in the world (89%) and England, where most policemen don't carry guns, Australia, Canada, Japan, etc.

What do they all have in common? A hell of a lot less mass shootings than we do.

Obviously what we've been doing is not working. Why is that so hard to understand?
Not hard at all, I agree.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
That doesn't sound dangerous at all. Plastic guns that can go right through airport security on to plane. Oh good times boys and girls, good times.
Now we just need an all plastic bullet that can also pass.;)

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
I'm a big fan of the smart gun. Some gun nuts go into a rage over a smart gun. I get it, it's not for everyone. But, to help the situation, smart guns make a lot of sense to me. A parent could program the gun to only respond to certain family members. It can be grip coded, or fingerprint, or any number of other options. But, it could help with suicide prevention among teens who might use it. It also may help in cases of break-in where the robber attempts to use an owner's firearm against the owner.

There is a lot that I would do to remove firearms and ammunition from the streets, but I don't really want to ban guns. Just increase owner responsibility. Including proof of ownership and liability to owners who allow their gun to be used in a crime. Especially those who are so careless as to lose their guns on a regular basis... More likely a strawman purchase.

I'm happy to have several well trained and well practiced friends with firearms. I don't begrudge them their guns. But, I don't know that everyone has that level of respect for their deadly weapons. I do believe that all guns should be tracked to owners and all owners need to prove their worth to own and use said guns on a regular basis.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Quite honestly, better rules than we have by a mile. Clips should be less than 10.
Didn't the Dayton shooter has a 100 round drum mag? Or was that El Paso?

Just what we need to hunt. I'd like to have an endless belt.;):)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
There was a shooting near here last week as well. This event has run for over 40 years without anything like this happening, where someone snuck in and started shooting. "Only" 3 were killed, 16 injured, but it was very close to home this time, though that was likely why not so much coverage worldwide. Also a person who was clearly not right in his head. AK-47. Jumped a chain link fence to gain access. When victims asked him why he was doing this, he replied “Because I am really angry!”

I am pro-gun, but this type of thing has to stop. I went to an Art & Wine festival this weekend and noticed lower attendance, a HUGE, very visible police presence and one vendor also visibly missing. They were the first victims of that shooting. Fortunately, they both lived, but both are still in the hospital.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
This thread reminds me of a discussion between two people.

Emotional Pseudo-intellectual says: "Turn in your guns to help prevent gun violence."

Other Guy says: "Cut off you penis to help prevent rape."

Emotional Pseudo-intellectual says: "But, I'm not going to rape anyone."

Other Guy says: "Exactly."

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Didn't the Dayton shooter has a 100 round drum mag? Or was that El Paso?

Just what we need to hunt. I'd like to have an endless belt.;):)
Yes, one of them did. Clint Watts who was in the military and was an FBI agent said the last time he saw a 100 round clip he was in the military. It's insanity we allow this and as long as we do we will suffer.

kystorm

kystorm

Audioholic
If turning away from god has caused these problems, why do all of the less religious nations have a far lower murder rate? Regarding Chicago, it does not have the highest murder rate, and it is not even in the top 20. And many of the guns used in Chicago gun crimes are legally sourced from Indiana.
Out of curiosity are you referring to nations way less populated than ours? As you can clearly see in this country, people are alot less moral than they used to be. Theres many factors that have helped push the
moral downturn that you see today among so many people. At the end of the day this country needs more prayer not leftwing insults towards people of faith. Do you think shutting off the legal guns from criminals
would stop them from pursuing illegal guns?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis