No thoughts and prayers today?

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
You must be in great shape for pounding all those straw men of yours!

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/08/07/us/el-paso-crusius-gun-warning/index.html

The El Paso shooting suspect's mother called the Allen, Texas, Police Department weeks before the shooting because she was concerned about her son owning an "AK" type firearm, lawyers for the family confirmed to CNN.​
The mother contacted police because she was worried about her son owning the weapon given his age, maturity level and lack of experience handling such a firearm, attorneys Chris Ayres and R. Jack Ayres said.​

During the call, the mother was transferred to a public safety officer who told her that -- based on her description of the situation -- her son, 21, was legally allowed to purchase the weapon, the attorneys said. The mother did not provide her name or her son's name, and police did not seek any additional information from her before the call concluded, they added.​
You misrepresent your source and make an untenable conclusion. You believe calling the police with concern about someone's "age, maturity level and lack of experience" is justification for the police to investigate? Replace parents with government. You sir, are why Trump won the last election and will win the next one.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
You misrepresent your source and make an untenable conclusion. You believe calling the police with concern about someone's "age, maturity level and lack of experience" is justification for the police to investigate? Replace parents with government. You sir, are why Trump won the last election and will win the next one.
Erh, what? It was not some random dude calling the police, but his MOTHER, which I assume knew his (edit: ugh) her son well enough to be worried/concerned.

I think that the police did a poor job when they ignored a worry/concern from a close family member! I'm sure that the mother by now really blames herself for not going further when she was brushed off by the police, and she probably never thought it would end in this massacre. That many family members are loyal to each other, even when there is rampant abuse, is well known, and for this reason the police should take their signals very seriously.

Last edited:
Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
Erh, what? It was not some random dude calling the police, but his MOTHER, which I assume knew his (edit: ugh) her son well enough to be worried/concerned.

I think that the police did a poor job when they ignored a worry/concern from a close family member! I'm sure that the mother by now really blames herself for not going further when she was brushed off by the police, and she probably never thought it would end in this massacre. That many family members are loyal to each other, even when there is rampant abuse, is well known, and for this reason the police should take their signals very seriously.
Some women (Mothers) will let the World burn for the sake of a bad child. Than you have the ones who no matter what knowing full well that they should report or at the very least get help for their family member.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord

No, troll. She didn't "rat him out" as you imply. She just had some general questions and she didn't give her name nor did they ask her for it.

"Attorneys for the Crusius family told CNN the mother's call was "informational" only, and the suspect had not shown any "volatile, explosive, erratic" behavior."

"The 21-year-old suspect's mother, attorneys said, was concerned about his lack of experience and maturity in owning the weapon. "

"Attorneys told the network the suspect's mother spoke with a public safety officer about her concern but was told that the gun was legally purchased and her son was allowed to own the rifle."

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/salvadorhernandez/el-paso-shooting-mother-call-police-gun-allen

Last edited:
Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Some women (Mothers) will let the World burn for the sake of a bad child. Than you have the ones who no matter what knowing full well that they should report or at the very least get help for their family member.
Yes, and not only the mothers but the rest of the family as well. Generally/frequently the target of abuse is another family member and the victims goes to great lengths to hide the abuse as well as making excuses that it's their own fault that they are abused. As you can imagine, investigation of potential child abuse is very difficult as the children are very loyal and do love their parent abusing them, and think it's their own fault.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
The gun deaths and injuries each weekend in major cities dwarf mass shooting. All are bad. Gun laws including federal are not enforced.
Not only do our elites of both parties not care about their lives they also ignore the lack of educational opportunity.

- Rich
They're so insulated from what's going on that it rarely affects them, directly.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Doesn't the USA already have the highest incarceration rates in the world? Besides, the existing laws deal with the aftermath of gun crime and are clearly not an effective deterrent.
Yes, because the US has more people who are willing to do ridiculous things to others. We have had people kill others within three hours of being released from prison- these are the worst of the worst and I seriously doubt other countries have more than a couple who are similar. We have hundreds of thousands plus, we get to have several terrible gangs coming here to set up shop, like MS-13. Their network is spread across the country.

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
And you've hit the nail on the head. You can pass all the laws in the world but if you starve the funding to enforce it ... OSHA, the EPA comes to mind... it's all for naught.

Why isn't there a national centralized gun ownership data base for any local/state/federal to access? Privacy concerns? Really, really? But nobody thinks twice about revealing they're private information on the internet or cell phone? Location, credit card, etc.

It's all smoke & mirrors folks.
This two party system, Republicans and Democrats have and will continue to be a power struggle between the two. Ones for the people and the other is for corporate America capitalism. Democracy wasn't used lightly when Our founding fathers of this nation decided to create a constitution for the People, this can be debated what needs to be changed. Giving up rights to bear arms is a privilege that our Constitution protects.

RichB

RichB

Audioholic Field Marshall
This two party system, Republicans and Democrats have and will continue to be a power struggle between the two. Ones for the people and the other is for corporate America capitalism.
One proports to be for free markets and both are for crony capitalism and buying votes with other peoples money. ;)

- Rich

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Funny how the people who want MORE laws can't explain why they're not interested in stricter enforcement of the laws we have. Does anybody else see the pattern? Anybody else notice how the libs are so opposed to enforcing the laws we have, yet are adamant about needing new laws? That is why I doubt their sincerity. It's never about dealing with the particular crime in question. It's always about expanding government.
Doesn't the USA already have the highest incarceration rates in the world? Besides, the existing laws deal with the aftermath of gun crime and are clearly not an effective deterrent.
Yes, because the US has more people who are willing to do ridiculous things to others. We have had people kill others within three hours of being released from prison- these are the worst of the worst and I seriously doubt other countries have more than a couple who are similar. We have hundreds of thousands plus, we get to have several terrible gangs coming here to set up shop, like MS-13. Their network is spread across the country.
All of which may very well be true. But, my point was to address herbu's statement the issue is a lack of law enforcement. With such high incarceration rates, is that really the problem?

RichB

RichB

Audioholic Field Marshall
These wacko's are evil little pr*cks. The FBI was called about the parkland shooter. There were police reports that he pointed a gun (I think family members). That is a crime. The schools had a goal to reduce suspensions. There were many opportunities to prosecute that would have made him ineligible for a LTC. If you want to pass a government incompetence accountable law, I am all for it.

In Boston, we the pressure cooker bomber had multiple interviews and nothing happened, not even a pressure cooker ban.
Government solutions are all about obtaining authority and control but NEVER take responsibility.
Who got fired because of the Boston bombing? "Boston Strong" is more aptly named "Boston Stupid".

My problem with all of this is that the desire to kill exists and cannot be solved by trying to remove the means.
Parkland at least is hold the cowardly security guard accountable.
There is a chance for that locally but forget about the federal government where you fail-up.

If you want to outlaw guns, be honest about it. It won't stop the carnage any more that it does in the inner cities where gun crimes dwarf these high-profile murderers.

- Rich

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
One proports to be for free markets and both are for crony capitalism and buying votes with other peoples money. ;)

- Rich
Nice analogy, my oldest son believes, that two party system is ruining our country. Which party do you believe has raised the debt ceiling more then the other? The one who gives out the most? or the one who takes the most? The way I see it and I haven't been a real political person per se, Reagan administration started that domino effect with the high debt ceiling. Now taking into account the funds used to finance the wars back then cause the Johnson administration started siphoning off social security funds to finance the Vietnam War. Some would say Truman administration started siphoning off social security funds to finance the Korean War. Nixon's administration Jimmy Carter, Ford who all but got his arm twisted behind his back to bailout NY from bankruptcy. Them so-called G summit meetings where the richest all come together for the lil sit down of money grabbers. So yeah your point of view with that analogy spot on.

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
These wacko's are evil little pr*cks. The FBI was called about the parkland shooter. There were police reports that he pointed a gun (I think family members). That is a crime. The schools had a goal to reduce suspensions. There were many opportunities to prosecute that would have made him ineligible for a LTC. If you want to pass a government incompetence accountable law, I am all for it.

In Boston, we the pressure cooker bomber had multiple interviews and nothing happened, not even a pressure cooker ban.
Government solutions are all about obtaining authority and control but NEVER take responsibility.
Who got fired because of the Boston bombing? "Boston Strong" is more aptly named "Boston Stupid".

My problem with all of this is that the desire to kill exists and cannot be solved by trying to remove the means.
Parkland at least is hold the cowardly security guard accountable.
There is a chance for that locally but forget about the federal government where you fail-up.

If you want to outlaw guns, be honest about it. It won't stop the carnage any more that it does in the inner cities where gun crimes dwarf these high-profile murderers.

- Rich
They'll just buy the weapons on the black market. Gun violence is out of control in this country. 1. Organized crime, 2. Individuals who choose to commit crimes with weapons. 3. Gun laws won't stop the Carnage. 4. Law enforcement abusing their power. 5. The murder rate is very high, not just with gun use it sickens me when I read about children being murdered by their parents or loved ones for what ever reason they choose. Lets not forget a woman's right to abort her fetus. You can not categorize murder with just one category. Vehicular homicide alone is very high with people driving intoxicated. When a person kills someone because they where intoxicated do you blame the car, truck, or whatever vehicle they were driving at the time? Let's just put breathalyzer machines in every vehicle made no matter who gets in they got to test it first in order to start the vehicle Walla solve that issue. Would you vote to pass that law? Or do we ban all vehicles on the road like they want to take away the guns from the law-abiding citizens. Guns don't kill people, people kill people. A toxicated person driving a vehicle is just as bad as a loaded gun.

Last edited:
Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
The planet is really sick !
Totally agree, doesn't seem like it will get any better. May get even worse, we have countries threatening to blow up each other with nuclear weapons. Lets ban nuclear weapons. Who we gotta see to get that law on the books? Thing is no matter how hard the good people try to make sense of this nothing will make anyone feel better about all the ones who lost loved ones to violent crimes. All those innocent people who lost their lives in that Walmart store one crazy sick individual has nothing to do with a gun law not being passed. Blaming President Trump, isn't going to make anyone feel better about all the innocent lives lost. Let's go back two, three presidencies administrations do we start there and go oh that's where they didn't do what that administration should have done. There will be no easy answer on fixing sick individuals. Take a sick minded individual out of the equation and you have no murders or mass murders. Anyone who feels empowered to take the life of an innocent person for whatever reason they choose doesn't change the fact that no matter how you slice it murder is murder. I could go on with my thoughts and views on how sick our society has come to be in this country but the more I think about feeling of hopeless of the situation at hand that all leaders in this country have no clue either.

Last edited:
Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
One of the best ways to bring a country down and destroy it is to attack it from within like a trojan horse. Drug cartels gangs organized crime all of which are used to bring a country down. Once a richest person, or what you feel to call it gains full control the whole of a Nation will crumble. Do some research on the Roman empire you may be surprised at how similar the situation is in this country right now.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis