NL4 4 pole to Banana plug DIY speaker cable

E

Eliut

Enthusiast
Hello guys. I am setting up my outdoor home theater and I need some advice on wiring my connectors. For the sake of convenience, since I am also making new cables for my indoor home theater, I bought two spools of Monoprice Access Series 12AWG CL2 Rated 4-Conductor Speaker Wire. I'll be using a Yamaha RX-A8A Receiver to power the system. My outdoor speakers are DAS DS-108. These are PA speakers and they come with NL4 connectors.

I know that I can just go +1 to positive and -1 to negative on the banana plug. My question is, since I already splurged on the 4 conductor cable, if I can wire all four pins on the SpeakOn and then twist together +1 and +2 into the POS banana plug and the -1 and -2 into the NEG banana plug into the AVR.

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
Hello guys. I am setting up my outdoor home theater and I need some advice on wiring my connectors. For the sake of convenience, since I am also making new cables for my indoor home theater, I bought two spools of Monoprice Access Series 12AWG CL2 Rated 4-Conductor Speaker Wire. I'll be using a Yamaha RX-A8A Receiver to power the system. My outdoor speakers are DAS DS-108. These are PA speakers and they come with NL4 connectors.

I know that I can just go +1 to positive and -1 to negative on the banana plug. My question is, since I already splurged on the 4 conductor cable, if I can wire all four pins on the SpeakOn and then twist together +1 and +2 into the POS banana plug and the -1 and -2 into the NEG banana plug into the AVR.
Yes, running 4 conductor that way definitely works and will give you a lower effective wire gauge. I run some Knukonceptz that are 12/4 but wired for two conductor connections. Provided they can fit securely in the banana plugs you won’t have any issues

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
Of course not. The type of termination you use should never have an audible impact. I mean if it does than something is wrong.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis