Speaker Cable with Included Banana Plugs - Anyone ever buy these?

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Clarity? What electrical property does "clarity"? For that length run no, there should be no difference between the different gauges. Oxygen free makes no difference vs ETP copper. CCA (copper clad aluminum) would be needing a lower gauge for same distance as copper, but easiest to just not buy CCA. Maybe spend some time here http://www.roger-russell.com/wire/wire.htm
Is copper clad aluminum garbage basically? Glad I didn’t buy any. ..

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Senior Audioholic
Great topic for Audioholics forum “no snake oil‘. Gene has some great videos on the topic of speaker wire. Know a guy that doesn’t let cables touch the floor (a great picture in one video). I’ve used a spool of 16 gauge wire for years. Wired my house years ago with it when it was being built. Sounds great. Did get Audioquest Rocket 33 cables for my 2 channel system on a great open-box deal. I know, I know. Heard no difference. Got an even better discount when I went to return them so I kept them. Worked well when I was plugging and unplugging them doing A/B comparisons with different tower speakers. Tried Amazon cables with banana plugs and didn’t like the quality of the plugs. Tried Blue Jeans cables but didn’t like the locking banana plugs. Felt like I was over tightening them and I’m definitely not an EE. Like the Blue Jeans and SVS XLR cables I use to connect my CD player and amp to my preamp.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis