Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
Jets last great qb well gosh that might still be Namath. I did a quick search and in '67 Namath had 4000 passing yds over 14 games. There were others like Unitas and Sonny Jurgensen but appears yardage wise Namath was a wee bit ahead of his time for one season anyway. He had more INTs than TDs in his career, but 4000 in '67 is a pretty huge number for the time period.
Yeah it was. I knew he was very good or perhaps great that year, but had no clue he was that proficient for the time.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Mason looks like a good pickup at RB for SF. Could see it was getting outta control for the Jets pretty quickly. With their division it could be a long season. I think SF is still favored in the NFC. Will be an interesting test to see where the Vikings are at. (I didn't think the Giants were a good indicator. They looked like poop.)

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
4th & 1/2 yd. I don't get Rodgers on that call at midfield. Because SF stopped you on 3rd & 1, why do you throw? I'd hand it off, and if they stop you on two straight plays congrats. On those types of plays that's where I miss the old big FB. Whatever happened to them anyway??? Or a quick hand off to the RB.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Spartan
4th & 1/2 yd. I don't get Rodgers on that call at midfield. Because SF stopped you on 3rd & 1, why do you throw? I'd hand it off, and if they stop you on two straight plays congrats. On those types of plays that's where I miss the old big FB. Whatever happened to them anyway??? Or a quick hand off to the RB.
Agreed.

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Audioholic Chief
I know crazy right? Can the Pats start 2-0 for the first time since the Brady days? Will be rooting them on. Reminds me of the best game I ever attended, the Superbowl when Malcolm Butler had arguably the biggest single play in superbowl history. The place went from deafening to dead quiet in an instant. Go Pats!

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
How would you rank these from worse QB contracts as number one? Cousins seems to be all messed up. Throwing from both feet planted. I didn't see the game, but I read that on PFT. If he cannot continue successfully, then he'd for sure be on this list. So mine would be 1. Watson to Browns, 2. Old man time Cousins with the achilles, 3. Wilson to Denver (but they parted with him, I think saving a bunch of $$). Rodgers to Jets might belong on the list. Time will tell! Am I missing anyone?

T

Tankini

Senior Audioholic
How would you rank these from worse QB contracts as number one? Cousins seems to be all messed up. Throwing from both feet planted. I didn't see the game, but I read that on PFT. If he cannot continue successfully, then he'd for sure be on this list. So mine would be 1. Watson to Browns, 2. Old man time Cousins with the achilles, 3. Wilson to Denver (but they parted with him, I think saving a bunch of $$). Rodgers to Jets might belong on the list. Time will tell! Am I missing anyone?
I'd say you're pretty spot on, Looks like Captain America Cousins, That Achilles, that he tore, may still be affecting his rhythm with thrown off of his throwing foot push off. Achilles repair surgery for most can take up to a year or better for rehabilitation. It will never be the same no matter what, especially for professional quarterbacks or anybody that plays professional sports.

AR looked real Sharp in his drop offs check-downs and intermediate throws. Very crisp sharp timing throws he made, Dude still Has it mentally for sure, But that was never his short-coming, could always read a defense as any Elite quarterback should. But yeah his age is catching up with him. He may complete the season with that Achilles repair surgery, he may not it. All depends on the Jets offensive line if the Jets Offensive line can keep him standing up straight. And not take any brutal hits.

You don't think them defensive linemen or defensive blitzing CB, ain't licking their chopstick to get a shot at him. He never was known for scrambling now he can get out the pocket for him to make things happen he was very good at that, but no never was a scrambling quarterback. Say like Lamar Jackson or that quarterback that the Houston Texans have. He's pretty damn good at Scrambling out of the pocket has a rocket of an arm. Season is still new though.

Last edited:
D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Brutal, Dolphins. That might be the season right there. I was hoping for more, but it looks like it was over at halftime. (Taivoa went out in the 3rd.)

I'd scrap Cincy for the meantime and leave the Bills as the best choice to dethrone KC. Also Houston now or in the near future with Stroud.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Dude, were two games into the season for crying out loud. Don't get your pants on fire so soon...........

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Dude, were two games into the season for crying out loud. Don't get your pants on fire so soon...........
We'll see. If Cincy can win at KC that's the spark they might need. I was looking for some life from the Dolphins, but Tua threw 3 INTs. Unless the backup is better I'd say they're in trouble.

T

Tankini

Senior Audioholic
True, everyone knows That's been watches the NFL that's worth their salt. Things change about mid season. One team is up another is half way back down. Take the Eagles for instance. Now Let's use that same analogy for New Orleans Saint. Missed the postseason by one game. So here's where Every game counts in the NFL there's only 17 season games

. Lost by a missed Field goal against the Green Bay Packers 3rd game of last season, plus lost both Division games to Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Both teams ended in a tie for 1st place with Equal records of 9-8. Saints lost on a Tiebreaker. As you state, don't get your paints on fire so soon. Well when it comes to Seeding position in the postseason play, Yes Every Game Counts.

NFL doesn't play best 2 out of 3 or like the NBA or MLB, doesn't plays a set of series to advance in post season or for a Championship. NFL you get in post season, lose your done. Now here's the slant. NFL will use the Refs to Control the outcome of a game, Especially in Postseason. So there that.

Last edited:
S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
For Seahawks the Wilson trade was great. They weren’t going to pay him in Seattle again. As far as QB, Geno is just as good these days for a lot cheaper. Just wish the offensive line was healthier. :)

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
For Seahawks the Wilson trade was great. They weren’t going to pay him in Seattle again. As far as QB, Geno is just as good these days for a lot cheaper. Just wish the offensive line was healthier. :)
How do you feel about second-year guy Jaren Hall? He played a little last year and there might be potential. Or he could be a career back-up, which is a good gig too of course. He's on your practice squad I believe, correct? I was a little surprised that the Vikes cut him after drafting him. Late round, but still.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
How do you feel about second-year guy Jaren Hall? He played a little last year and there might be potential. Or he could be a career back-up, which is a good gig too of course. He's on your practice squad I believe, correct? I was a little surprised that the Vikes cut him after drafting him. Late round, but still.
Seattle has alll new coaches so they are definitely looking to the future.

It’s a long season and I think Sam Howell did good enough in preseason for Seattle but his accuracy was off a bit. Vikings had Jaren Hall on their roster all preseason and was a late cut. Both are 23 and Geno is ten years older. The offensive line is a mess with two RT down and struggling at both RG and LG. There’s not much time for Geno to get the ball out. Hopefully they can improve on the line or Geno will get hurt one of these weeks and backup QBs will get playing time…

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis