davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Well, my Steelers got their first win so that's something. The defense looked great, but Pickett and the offense looked iffy at best. At least they got a win. :)

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
A shame on the Nick Chubb injury. One of the absolute best players on the Browns.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Ok tomorrow night starts the NFL week. How is your team going to do? :)

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Did you see the non-shown video of his leg being bent sideways at the knee ?
Real HorrorShow stuff....no wonder they wouldn't show it.
Reminds me of the Joe Theisman injury back in the 80s. I believe that was on MNF. Wash vs Giants. I didn't see it live but pretty sure his leg bent. If I remember right that was the end of his career.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Ok tomorrow night starts the NFL week. How is your team going to do? :)
I've got ATL beating DET. QB speed, good running back, and a good receiver. Love the heart of the Lions even if on paper it doesn't say much. Vikes > Chargers. Saints @ GB could be interesting though no showcaser. Texans vs Jags -- put $$$ on Tex. Might make some good mula.;) Broncs @ MIA -- Peyton will be screaming after this one LOL. Pats @ Jets -- don't really know how that will go given Jones. Zach Wilson is pretty atrocious though. Eagles @ Bucs could be interesting with that D of the Bucs. Don't really trust Mayfield though. Eagles win.

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
Reminds me of the Joe Theisman injury back in the 80s. I believe that was on MNF. Wash vs Giants. I didn't see it live but pretty sure his leg bent. If I remember right that was the end of his career.
Here it is....I thought "that guys done for life" when I saw it.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Here it is....I thought "that guys done for life" when I saw it.

Good grief! That's like a 45 degree angle! :oops::(

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
Good grief! That's like a 45 degree angle! :oops::(
Like a total disconnect...real surprised there wasn't a torrent of blood.
He's gonna be gone a long long time...if not for good. There just isn't any coming back from something like that.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I'm surprised I didn't faint. Here's the Theismann injury. It might be even worse. It's below the knee.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Yikes...never saw that. Im new to football, even though Im 67!!
Think I remember being a teen at a rec center watching the game when that happened. Don't really remember much about the injury but that it was really bad.

As a side note, Washington head coach Joe Gibbs won three SB's with three different QB's, which was pretty epic.:cool:

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Audioholic Chief
Horrible some of the injuries the players suffer. It’s not a contact sport, it’s a collision sport. Every game I go to there are collisions where it’s amazing both guys can get up and walk away. The best but most brutal game Played by modern day gladiators.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Think I remember being a teen at a rec center watching the game when that happened. Don't really remember much about the injury but that it was really bad.

As a side note, Washington head coach Joe Gibbs won three SB's with three different QB's, which was pretty epic.:cool:
Never been done before or since. Truly remarkable. :)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
9'ers game is today. I work 2 mi. from the stadium and we see fans walking around the area already. I will be heading home early :) Not sticking around for that traffic.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
This chap and his family have just bought one of the four houses on our circle.

Something to do with the New York Giants, who I understand kick, throw and run with some sort of ball. He is out with a Triceps injury. Anyone know him?

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Like a total disconnect...real surprised there wasn't a torrent of blood.
He's gonna be gone a long long time...if not for good. There just isn't any coming back from something like that.
Done playing football.

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Audioholic Chief
It’s early in the season but right now it could be a throwback with the cowboys and 49ers in the NFC championship game. I’m sure the eggles will have something to say about it too before it’s all said and done. Crazy that San Fran got their best QB with the last pick in the draft while giving up on a top pick QB. Reminds me of how Brady got started As the #199 pick.

Last edited:
Tankini

Tankini

Senior Audioholic
It’s early in the season but right now it could be a throwback with the cowboys and 49ers in the NFC championship game. I’m sure the eggles will have something to say about it too before it’s all said and done. Crazy that San Fran got their best QB with the last pick in the draft while giving up on a top pick QB. Reminds me of how Brady got started As the #199 pick.
Agree, the 49,ers are scary good right now. Cowboys seem that way also, but we have seen this before from them. I say give the season time to play itself out, 8, 10 games into the season will show which teams are the legitimate contenders. But as of right now, top 3 in the NFC are the 3 you just named. AFC still wide open. KC still the team to knocked off, Joe Burrow with his calf injury will be out for some time. Cincinnati isn't saying much of his injury, word out is he can't push off with his right leg much.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Agree, the 49,ers are scary good right now. Cowboys seem that way also, but we have seen this before from them. I say give the season time to play itself out, 8, 10 games into the season will show which teams are the legitimate contenders. But as of right now, top 3 in the NFC are the 3 you just named. AFC still wide open. KC still the team to knocked off, Joe Burrow with his calf injury will be out for some time. Cincinnati isn't saying much of his injury, word out is he can't push off with his right leg much.
I'd like to see Dallas and San Fran in the NFC finals. That would be a nice throwback to the 90s.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis