new svs PC12-NSD... underwhelmed.

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Nice job on the measurement man you must have a very cooperative room. I suggest reducing the vertical dynamic range of your measurement to 40dB and also limiting the x-axis to where the sweep stops. Also you should measure at multiple seats and not just the money seat. Did you compare the overall sub level to the satellites? I like to pull fullbandwidth measurements 20Hz to 20Khz and smooth them to 1/3 octave to ensure I set the subs at the right level. Of course listening and adjusting afterwards is always a must!
I've seen Sputter's media room and it's about 4500^3 ft L shape and not the easiest to work with. I know he is fairly new to REW but judging from those graphs he did rather well....I don't know how much more tweaking is available for him to do...I'm sure he has tried it all?

Hello Jim.... :)

S

Sputter

Junior Audioholic
Multiples is the way to go IMO. I seem to be able to locate a single sub and it drives me nuts, plus having a more than one sweet spot is important to me.

I couldn't afford dual PB-13 ultras so the hsu-vtf 15 was a good compromise in price and performance. I have more headroom than I'll ever need without having to stress them.

My advice to the OP is to sell the nsd and get one of the SVS, rythmik or HSU in the $1000-1300 range and then get a second one down the road.
Matt, i'd love to see a graph if you do any. All the graphs i've seen for owners are SMS ones.

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
I recommend DIY, like annunaki did. But I don't recommend running your sub hot, either. The reason you're not hearing a lot of the bass is because those lower frequencies aren't really all that audible when they're not distorting. If you're not getting midbass punch, consider upgrading your MAIN speakers and amplifier first. bass in music is mostly in the range above where subs usually operate.

Last edited:
Matt34

Matt34

Matt, i'd love to see a graph if you do any. All the graphs i've seen for owners are SMS ones.
It will have to wait until I get a xyz analyzer. Audyssey xt32 doesn't have an on screen display afaik.

pbc

pbc

Audioholic
Gene - apologies if this has been answered somewhere, but any thoughts as to redoing the VTF-15 measurements by Josh to remove the "different mics/equipment", "Paul's bias", etc. etc. comments floating around?

BTW, by far the best subwoofer reviews ever done, period, since you put Ricci on the job. Just plain wow.

Steve

N

nuts4sound

Audiophyte
back to the OP... jmvdude,

I'm looking to move slightly bigger from a PB10. did you decide to sell your PC12?

I need to up my post count before I can PM you :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis