New SVS 3000 Series Subs!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Think I remember reading some mention of a new 12" RSL sub is in the works. Have a good friend that owns the 10S and he raves how good it really is. Therefore, the 12" version is going to be even better. Will be sure to keep an eye on this one. Such good times! ;)

Cheers,

Phil

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Yeah, the Monoliths has been well received no doubt. Personally, I am much more interested in sealed subs. Been wondering if Monoprice is going to come out with a Monolith sealed sub. Sure would be nice if they do. If I were to ever go for a new sub, it will probably be another Hsu ULS 15 MK2. Unless, I am convinced otherwise. Given my OCD, eventually I would have to opt for duals.....LOL!!!! There is no end to it is there? :D

Cheers,

Phil
It's a bottomless well my friend

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I am very curious to see if SVS will be selling the SB12-NSD's again for $399. It seems that they have done so the last couple of years. Wouldn't at all be surprised to see it once again. Guess we will know very soon. Just hard for me to believe how fast this year has gone by. It seems for me at least, that time is speeding up.:eek:

Cheers,

Phil

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I am very curious to see if SVS will be selling the SB12-NSD's again for $399. It seems that they have done so the last couple of years. Wouldn't at all be surprised to see it once again. Guess we will know very soon. Just hard for me to believe how fast this year has gone by. It seems for me at least, that time is speeding up.:eek:

Cheers,

Phil
The SB12-NSD is a long discontinued subwoofer. I wouldn't count on any further availability.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
The SB12-NSD is a long discontinued subwoofer. I wouldn't count on any further availability.
Oh I am not looking to buy one. But, the last (2) Black Fridays SVS sold them. Figured this year they would do so again. I had (4) of them at one time, but I still preferred my dual 15" subs. There are a lot of viable options out there right now. Things seem to be on the upswing inmho. BTW, excellent review of the Martin Logan subs! Very thorough and concise.

Cheers,

Phil

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Wow. This just complicated my search. o_O
If they had released the pc3000, I think I would become an svs owner tonight.

I have a feeling the pb3000 is going to compare real close to the monolith 15... I can’t help but think the output will match up favorably, and beat out the x13 a little bit. I wish they had priced it $100 less, though, and released the piano black at the $1400 price point.

The more I look at the mono15s, the more I like them, except for the looks. ;)

@Danzilla31: how long until u pull the trigger on adding your dual mono15s?

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan

I have a feeling the pb3000 is going to compare real close to the monolith 15... I can’t help but think the output will match up favorably, and beat out the x13 a little bit. I wish they had priced it $100 less, though, and released the piano black at the $1400 price point.

Summer of next year is when I'll get em I got a couple other upgrades to the system I wanna do first.

It's going to be interesting how this baby performs. The old PB 12+ this replaces matched the ultra X13 no problemo. This one has a bigger driver and some new changes so it'll be interesting where it measures up.

Don't think they'll be able to match the monoprice 15's tho. Those 15's match up very well almost neck even with the PB 4000's it's very very close.

Totally agree with you on the looks of the Monoprice ultra 15's. That's why my beautiful 4000's are staying up front and those Monoprice get to hang out BEHIND the couches! :)

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Summer of next year is when I'll get em I got a couple other upgrades to the system I wanna do first.

It's going to be interesting how this baby performs. The old PB 12+ this replaces matched the ultra X13 no problemo. This one has a bigger driver and some new changes so it'll be interesting where it measures up.

Don't think they'll be able to match the monoprice 15's tho. Those 15's match up very well almost neck even with the PB 4000's it's very very close.

Totally agree with you on the looks of the Monoprice ultra 15's. That's why my beautiful 4000's are staying up front and those Monoprice get to hang out BEHIND the couches! :)
I’ve been leaning more and more towards rythmik 15”... I’m very interested in the servo technology. Just stuck on the sealed or ported conversation. And then... buy 1 now and try it out in n my small room? Or 2? Or... this just doesn’t stop! Damn SVS! Where’s my PC 3000!!?!?

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I’ve been leaning more and more towards rythmik 15”... I’m very interested in the servo technology. Just stuck on the sealed or ported conversation. And then... buy 1 now and try it out in n my small room? Or 2? Or... this just doesn’t stop! Damn SVS! Where’s my PC 3000!!?!?
It's interesting how they don't have one. Maybe they don't move enough of those units Damn shame really. I'm sure if enough people petition for one they'll ante it up for us tho

I really wanted to go with Rhythmik. There ported versions are tuned and extend so deep I don't see the need for a sealed sub at that point unless you want more of that sealed performance for music and stuff.

I like how deep the Rhythmiks extend and are tuned to and that massive port output you get from that down low

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
It's interesting how they don't have one. Maybe they don't move enough of those units Damn shame really. I'm sure if enough people petition for one they'll ante it up for us tho

I really wanted to go with Rhythmik. There ported versions are tuned and extend so deep I don't see the need for a sealed sub at that point unless you want more of that sealed performance for music and stuff.

I like how deep the Rhythmiks extend and are tuned to and that massive port output you get from that down low
I suspect it’ll be there soon. They have it both above and below in price point. They don’t even offer piano black yet on the pb3000!

Was talking to Salk the other day over email about my quest overall. He uses 15” rythmik sealed. I told Jim what I was after and he said it would do that no problem for me: 15/16Hz, plus give me the punchier more musical performance.
I love the idea of deep impact, right!? But in a 2000’ room, do I need the extra output from a ported 15”sub? Hell, if I go with any of the speakers I’m considering, I’ll have bass down to 34hz at least... more likely right now 25Hz.
Might be blasphemy, but considering just one sub for now. Can always order again down the road. ;) But I only need bass for 1 seat!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord

Ryan it is going to be hard going wrong w/any of the subs that you are considering. It is a good time to be pulling the trigger given the deals going on right now. Having choices does complicate things a bit. But, it does feel good knowing you can't go wrong either way. I do like the way you are going about this. Making a well informed decision AND saving money is a true win win scenario. :) Good luck with your decision!

Cheers,

Phil

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I suspect it’ll be there soon. They have it both above and below in price point. They don’t even offer piano black yet on the pb3000!

Was talking to Salk the other day over email about my quest overall. He uses 15” rythmik sealed. I told Jim what I was after and he said it would do that no problem for me: 15/16Hz, plus give me the punchier more musical performance.
I love the idea of deep impact, right!? But in a 2000’ room, do I need the extra output from a ported 15”sub? Hell, if I go with any of the speakers I’m considering, I’ll have bass down to 34hz at least... more likely right now 25Hz.
Might be blasphemy, but considering just one sub for now. Can always order again down the road. ;) But I only need bass for 1 seat!
A few of the members here have the Rythmik sealed 15. Kew & Peng both do if I’m remembering correctly. Not sure the size of rooms.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan

I wonder if there going to do a piano black on the 3000 series? Or a cylinder version? Figured they'd have been prepared for that sounds like they have been developing these for a while now hmmmmmmm. Curious

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I wonder if there going to do a piano black on the 3000 series? Or a cylinder version? Figured they'd have been prepared for that sounds like they have been developing these for a while now hmmmmmmm. Curious
Seems like just a couple months ago, they didn’t even have the full 4000 lineup on the SVS site... I’ve been shopping since June or July... there was definitely a point where something wasn’t there!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Seems like just a couple months ago, they didn’t even have the full 4000 lineup on the SVS site... I’ve been shopping since June or July... there was definitely a point where something wasn’t there!
If that's the case I'll be calling cuz there cylinders if they would match the ultra x13 in the 3000 series range would be my front runner on practicality alone. Otherwise it's the monoprice 15's

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Audioholics preview article about these subs is up and can be read here: SVS 3000 Series Subwoofers Offers Flagship Features Starting at $1k.
Good preview article Shady! Well written. I am heartbroken they didn't have a cylinder version though hoped that would be my behind the couch fix would like to stay with SVS if I can.

I must confess I am fascinated with there PB 3000. It weighs almost 40 lbs less then its predecessor the PB 12+ yet I'm pretty sure SVS is not going to put out a successor that doesn't match if not surpass its previous version.

I am really looking forward to your followup review on these to see how they pulled that off. With its oak finish and smaller size these may just end up behind the couches you never know.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Good preview article Shady! Well written. I am heartbroken they didn't have a cylinder version though hoped that would be my behind the couch fix would like to stay with SVS if I can.

I must confess I am fascinated with there PB 3000. It weighs almost 40 lbs less then its predecessor the PB 12+ yet I'm pretty sure SVS is not going to put out a successor that doesn't match if not surpass its previous version.

I am really looking forward to your followup review on these to see how they pulled that off. With its oak finish and smaller size these may just end up behind the couches you never know.
Thank you, Danzilla. Don't hold your breath too long for that review, because I can only test in moderate weather, and this area is entering a cold winter. I won't be able to test until maybe mid to late March at the earliest, so any review would have to wait till then, sadly. However, I do think that we will be reviewing these products, but it will just take awhile.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis