New SVS 3000 Series Subs!

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
And one out of every 5 males just came down with a nasty case of upgraditis!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I would love to see a direct comparison between the new SVS SB 3000 and the Hsu ULS 15 MK2! Have a good feeling that the ULS 15 MK2 would hold its own very well. I got mine for only $762 shipped albeit B-stock. Never found anything wrong with it. Selling it off is one of my biggest mistakes. Oh well, we all live and learn. ;) Can't wait to see some measurements.

Cheers,

Phil

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
Time for Gene to goto work on this me thinks.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Time for Gene to goto work on this me thinks.
I imagine it will be Shady doing the review when he finds the time. Right now James has been rather busy. After owning the Hsu ULS 15 MK2 I still think it is the biggest bargain on the market! Have no idea what I was thinking when I sold it off. :confused: Who knows.....LOL!!!!! :p

Cheers,

Phil

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
SVS has treated me extremely well over the years. It would be hard for me to buy another brand at this point. Plus I love the cylinder designs. I blew my first sub by "playing to hard" within the first week, they sent me another no questions asked and then I returned original. 2 years later I blew the driver, they sent me a driver for me to install myself. I then bought a 2nd one that was an open box buy and they still gave me the 5 year warranty on that one too. They're a good company to work with.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
SVS has treated me extremely well over the years. It would be hard for me to buy another brand at this point. Plus I love the cylinder designs. I blew my first sub by "playing to hard" within the first week, they sent me another no questions asked and then I returned original. 2 years later I blew the driver, they sent me a driver for me to install myself. I then bought a 2nd one that was an open box buy and they still gave me the 5 year warranty on that one too. They're a good company to work with.
Yes, Ed Mullen @SVS is the man! They are one of the best companies to deal with. I love their products. But, Hsu is also great to deal with. Kevin@Hsu has helped me out several times. It is good to have choices. I give both SVS and Hsu a thumbs up! :)

Cheers,

Phil

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Yeah there treatment of me has made me completely comfortable with them. I love there products and there impeccable customer service. I'm am SVSer myself for life ! Lol

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Damn bro how hard do you drive those things? You must be just crushing it to break those I've got 2 PB 4000's and before that 2 PB 2000's and I've rode those things hard and ain't even come close to getting them to break a sweat.

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
That was when i only had 1. Now that i have 2 they collectively dont have to work as hard.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Come to think of it, I am just curious as to how well the new SVS PB 3000 would do when compared to the Outlaw Ultra X13. That would certainly make for an interesting read. Looking forward to it. :)

Cheers,

Phil

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Come to think of it, I am just curious as to how well the new SVS PB 3000 would do when compared to the Outlaw Ultra X13. That would certainly make for an interesting read. Looking forward to it. :)

Cheers,

Phil
That's the one I'll be looking at as well especially since the SVS is a $100 less. And has the wireless app on your phone to control it. That will be an interesting comparison.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
That's the one I'll be looking at as well especially since the SVS is a $100 less. And has the wireless app on your phone to control it. That will be an interesting comparison.
I agree 100%! Shady will get around to it. But, it may be a while. Once done, we can compare his measurements. My guess is that they both will be very close. More alike than not. Kind of exciting really! :cool:

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Hey Dan, we can't leave out the new Monoprice Monolith subs. They would certainly have to be in the discussion. Never been a better time if someone here is looking for a sub or subs! :cool:

Cheers,

Phil

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Hey Dan, we can't leave out the new Monoprice Monolith subs. They would certainly have to be in the discussion. Never been a better time if someone here is looking for a sub or subs! :cool:

Cheers,

Phil
Maybe a five-way shootout with HSU, Rythmik, SVS, Outlaw, and Monolith. :)

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Maybe a five-way shootout with HSU, Rythmik, SVS, Outlaw, and Monolith. :)
Yeah, Shady has already measured and reviewed many that you mention. Once the new SVS subs are measured and reviewed, then he will be able to point out some of the differences. Performance wise, my guess is that they all will be more similar than not. Oh what interesting times we are living in. :)

Cheers,

Phil

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan

Cheers,

Phil
Even though I'm curious about these next year I'm buying dual Monolith 15's to go behind my couches to pair with my PB 4000's. The 4000's are prettier so they get front and center! But after looking at Shady J's excellent reviews I think those are the best sub at that price point to match my PB 4000's. And theyre a hundred bucks cheaper then the PB 3000's!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Even though I'm curious about these next year I'm buying dual Monolith 15's to go behind my couches to pair with my PB 4000's. The 4000's are prettier so they get front and center! But after looking at Shady J's excellent reviews I think those are the best sub at that price point to match my PB 4000's. And theyre a hundred bucks cheaper then the PB 3000's!
Yeah, the Monoliths has been well received no doubt. Personally, I am much more interested in sealed subs. Been wondering if Monoprice is going to come out with a Monolith sealed sub. Sure would be nice if they do. If I were to ever go for a new sub, it will probably be another Hsu ULS 15 MK2. Unless, I am convinced otherwise. Given my OCD, eventually I would have to opt for duals.....LOL!!!! There is no end to it is there? :D

Cheers,

Phil

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis