New stuff finally arrived.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Oh yeah baby, just got home with the speakers from the dealer. The screen arrived from Amazon earlier today. Super stoked to get this set up and watch Loki tonight.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
I tried uploading the pics, but "File too big".

My Paradigm 800F and 600C arrived today.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Here they are. Hooked them up, and they sound wonderful. Watched Loki with my son. Need to calibrate them, but still way better than my previous budget speakers.

20210616_185926.jpg
20210616_185933.jpg
20210616_182455.jpg

XEagleDriver

XEagleDriver

Audioholic Chief
Oh, the smell of new corrugated card board and packing foam in the evening

(modified line from an old movie)

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
All I see so far are boxes....much rather see what was inside.....
As you wish:

20210618_184636.jpg

20210618_184654.jpg

20210618_184717.jpg

Not much lighting in the HT room, but I got them in the Espresso grain. Also got my AT screen, so I didn't bother getting a stand for the 600C. I'm going to be building a stage for the speakers to get up a little higher and be recessed into the wall.

And the 600C is a monster, especially compared to my old center channel speaker. Easily 2~3 times the size.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
As you wish:

View attachment 48634

View attachment 48635
View attachment 48636

Not much lighting in the HT room, but I got them in the Espresso grain. Also got my AT screen, so I didn't bother getting a stand for the 600C. I'm going to be building a stage for the speakers to get up a little higher and be recessed into the wall.

And the 600C is a monster, especially compared to my old center channel speaker. Easily 2~3 times the size.
Ohhhhhh I like! Hey which sub is that is that the 15inch paradigm monster that was reviewed here?

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Ohhhhhh I like! Hey which sub is that is that the 15inch paradigm monster that was reviewed here?
No. It's the Defiance X12. But I've got 2 of them. 1 at the front and 1 in the back. My HT room isn't huge, only about ~1460 cubic feet (10.5' × 18.5' × 7.5'). 2 12s are absolutely enough in there. My wife thinks it's too much, but my son and I absolutely love it.

The one at the back barely fits behind my risers that I built for the 2 rows of seating, so it's a good thing I didn't opt for the 15s.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Here ya go. Beautiful speakers now take off the grills to see the goods.
_20210619_134835.JPG
IMG_19062021_135116_(2300_x_1294_pixel).jpg
_20210619_134809.JPG

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Some new images. Started setting up my gear to mount the ATS this weekend.

20210702_112257.jpg

20210702_121844.jpg

I'll post more pics later of the mounted screen. Also, I wanted to raise the L/R speakers. Couldn't find any speaker stands that were capable of handling the weight (none that I could get easily and quickly anyway), so I started building my own. 5/8" MDF 12" w × 15.75" d × 20" h. I'll fill them with sand:

20210704_190624.jpg

20210704_202942.jpg

There is a lid with a 2" hole and a 3mm rubber mat on top. I'm going to sand and paint them as well as add some kind of feet to the bottom. I'll also post pics of the finished product once I'm done.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Man, those speakers sure look nice! Looks like your center is mounted pretty high up in the wall tho. Are there some restrictions preventing you from lining it up with the mains? If you can angle it down a little bit so the tweeter is aimed at your ears that'd be another way to go.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Man, those speakers sure look nice! Looks like your center is mounted pretty high up in the wall tho. Are there some restrictions preventing you from lining it up with the mains? If you can angle it down a little bit so the tweeter is aimed at your ears that'd be another way to go.
Read his post again. ;) I was going to make the same comment until I read that he is building risers for the mains. That will get them up around the same level as the centre. Should be a great setup when he's all done. :cool:

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Some new images. Started setting up my gear to mount the ATS this weekend.

View attachment 48914

View attachment 48915

I'll post more pics later of the mounted screen. Also, I wanted to raise the L/R speakers. Couldn't find any speaker stands that were capable of handling the weight (none that I could get easily and quickly anyway), so I started building my own. 5/8" MDF 12" w × 15.75" d × 20" h. I'll fill them with sand:

View attachment 48916

View attachment 48917

There is a lid with a 2" hole and a 3mm rubber mat on top. I'm going to sand and paint them as well as add some kind of feet to the bottom. I'll also post pics of the finished product once I'm done.
That's going to be sweet! can't wait to see final pics and your listening impressions!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Read his post again. ;) I was going to make the same comment until I read that he is building risers for the mains. That will get them up around the same level as the centre. Should be a great setup when he's all done. :cool:
Oops! Now it makes total sense.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis