William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Well the “befores” don’t look too bad except for the huge peak at 30hz. Couple of dips but nothing super offensive. Of course now I’ll have to look again lol.
But just so you know, the “after” graphs are only estimates that Audyssey makes as to what it can do. They’re not the actual corrections. You’d need REW and a umik to do real measurements.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Everything looks good, but the pre-EQ responses of your front three look good enough that I would recommend you get the Marantz/Denon Audyssey app and try using EQ only below 300Hz and see what you think!

E

elitex

Enthusiast
Everything looks good, but the pre-EQ responses of your front three look good enough that I would recommend you get the Marantz/Denon Audyssey app and try using EQ only below 300Hz and see what you think!
I just tried this and really like the results.... it made a pretty drastic difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I just tried this and really like the results.... it made a pretty drastic difference.
Cool! :cool:
Yeah, I think if you have good gear, you don't really need roomEQ so much, but below the Schroeder Frequency, it is pretty hard to argue against RoomEQ (and XT32 is effective at it).
This is why I am inclined to buy Denon or Marantz (the availablity of the app along with the performance of XT32). Yamaha, Onkyo, etc room correction may have caught up, but I know XT32 does a good job of it!
If you are not familiar with this, here is a pretty simplified explanation (it is dummied down enough for me!):
Note that when the above article was written, the D&M app was not available and it was "all or nothing" - you could only use XT32 full-range or not at all. The D&M app allows you to do what the author suggests in part 2 of this article with a more convenient approach!

300Hz is generally a good, conservative ballpark estimate, but below is a calculator, if you want to get more specific to your room. Unfortunately it is in metric, so I also linked a nice converter back and forth between inches to meters:

Last edited:
E

elitex

Enthusiast
Nice! How are you liking those Klipsch RF7 iii's?
I think they are amazing for HT duty. I don’t really do any critical listening in that room but overall very happy with them.

Next is some Martin Logan Expressions for living Room. Also 3 channel Parasound for HT so Denon is only powering the surrounds.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis