NEW RSL Speedwoofer 10E Subwoofer - $300 Shipped!

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Sadly, I just purchased an ELAC 1225 or I'd be all over this. So far so good with the ELAC.

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Audioholic Chief
I plan on ordering when they’re back in stock. Anyone have experience running RSL subs wirelessly using their wireless transmitter? The limited feedback on the RSL site is mixed. I would have line-of-sight but don’t want a long cable run.

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
I plan on ordering when they’re back in stock. Anyone have experience running RSL subs wirelessly using their wireless transmitter? The limited feedback on the RSL site is mixed. I would have line-of-sight but don’t want a long cable run.
Wireless worked fine on my 3 Speedwoofer 10's. They pair easily and dont send any erroneous readings when running room correction.
I have 2 of them wired now since they are stacked to the right of my system for 40hz and up bass.
((the third is just sitting in the back of my small room waiting for action someday)
My 12S does the 40hz and down duty.

I would imagine the new model will do the same.

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Audioholic Chief
Received an email from RSL that the 10E Speedwoofers are back in stock. Still at $299 with free shipping in the lower 48 states in the US. Just ordered one. Looking forward to checking out how it sounds at home.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Received an email from RSL that the 10E Speedwoofers are back in stock. Still at $299 with free shipping in the lower 48 states in the US. Just ordered one. Looking forward to checking out how it sounds at home.
So, what main speakers are you going to pair the 10E with?

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Audioholic Chief
I have a pair of dipole 2-way towers I bought used. I had a Polk sub but was looking for an upgrade.

Slykingoh

Slykingoh

Audiophyte
Yep. IMO it’s so easy to recommend these guys. The only thing left is a 15”+. That’s a whole different market though, which is occupied by some other well established sub makers. The meat and potatoes imo, is right where they’re at, and they are killing it.
Would I love to see an 18” RSL? Yes. Yes I would like to see another large format subwoofer to beat the overpriced pb16, and really establish RSL as an endgame company. I don’t think it’s worth them perusing however all things considered. I think a nice set of towers would complete the catalog nicely.
Pb16 overpriced?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Audioholic Chief
Just received the Speedwoofer. Will be hooking it up and running with my 2 channel stereo system this week. More to come.

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
Just received the Speedwoofer. Will be hooking it up and running with my 2 channel stereo system this week. More to come.
I'm sure you will love it....you can see 2 of my Speedwoofer 10's here and a Speedwoofer 12S to boot.
Along with my CG25's in front and CG5's in back. (not seen here)
Have a third 10S not hooked up.
I'm something of an RSL addict.

rsl.jpg

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Pb16 overpriced?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IMO yes. For instance, you can get a Rythmik fv18 for almost 500 less! I’d even choose an fv15hp, for nearly 600 less. There are others too, but those two come to mind quickly.
I don’t care about the svs app, as I use a minidsp and run my own house curve. I also don’t like paying for everyone else to benefit from the svs bill of rights and the “free” shipping etc. Although their CS has always been first class.
So to me, and imo, the pb16 is overpriced when I can get better performance for less money. I won’t get any hand holding. But I’m not that kind of customer. IMO svs(i am a customer fwiw) used to represent better value. But like any success story, they became victims of success. Just too many places that cut into the margins.
Just my .02.

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Audioholic Chief
I'm sure you will love it....you can see 2 of my Speedwoofer 10's here and a Speedwoofer 12S to boot.
Along with my CG25's in front and CG5's in back. (not seen here)
Have a third 10S not hooked up.
I'm something of an RSL addict.

View attachment 68644
I hear you. I didn’t really need another sub but the reviews were awesome and it’s a great deal so I couldn’t resist. Yes I’m an Audioholic And a bass head. Yes I like it. No I don’t want to change.

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Audioholic Chief
I’ve been running the Speedwoofer in my 2.1 system and it’s delivered plenty of bass. Also notice that it’s freed up the woofers in my dipole speakers so they sound better. The single sub out on my old Yamaha AVR is set for 200 Hz with no crossover adjustments available on the unit. Connected with a monoprice cable to the LFE input on the sub. The directions from RSL are to turn off the crossover switch on the back of the sub. I have and am running at low volume, about 25% on the dial, and it sounds good. There’s a lot of clutter in the room since we’re still in the process of cleaning up the house but would like to run some room correction once it’s cleaned out.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis