NEW RSL Speedwoofer 10E Subwoofer - $300 Shipped!

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Funny, I was just reading this email from RSL.

This is excellent!!!

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
Hopefully, this means the reintroduction of the CG5 and CG25 is coming soon. (betting they will be cheaper with the new non gloss cabinets they will have)

I expect they will be updated in some form, either drivers of crossovers...in addition to the new cabinets.
I've grown to adore my CG5's.....and thank goodness I have them in those gorgeous glossy white cabinets.

RSL always delivers !!

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Now they just need to build an 18” Speedwoofer that is a Dayton UM18-22 killer.
Shouldn’t be hard to do.

Then I will take them seriously. ;)

Right now I merely respect them. :D

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Shouldn’t be hard to do.
I don't know whether you are being sarcastic, but that would be very hard to do. And would RSL even want to deal with the logistics of such a heavy sub? Just imagine a Speedwoofer 12S but scaled out to a 15". The enclosure would weigh 150 lbs. and be the size of a chest freezer.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I don't know whether you are being sarcastic, but that would be very hard to do. And would RSL even want to deal with the logistics of such a heavy sub? Just imagine a Speedwoofer 12S but scaled out to a 15". The enclosure would weigh 150 lbs. and be the size of a chest freezer.
Beer+friends+subs=done!

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Well, as you may well know, Shady, I am prone to bouts of hyperbole and irreverence.
*blushes
I’ve also seen enough comments from users of said Driver to know that it is not always the bargain it would seem to be.
*shrugs
Would be interesting to see somebody put a subwoofer on the market that could compete with said Driver. ;)

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
It took them years to finally commit to the 12S...

The "I've got issues elsewhere" bassheads will never be happy.
When I sold and installed car audio, I had to deal with said bassheads everyday...its like some kind of sickness. :)

U

Uncle_Big_Green

Audioholic Intern
Now they just need to build an 18” Speedwoofer that is a Dayton UM18-22 killer.
Shouldn’t be hard to do.

Then I will take them seriously. ;)

Right now I merely respect them. :D
Something 15" from them should be awesome enough.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
If they can keep the size reasonable along with the price, it will sell. My Epik Empire was 120lbs, but it wasn't mini fridge size.

12E would also be interesting :D

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
If they can keep the size reasonable along with the price, it will sell. My Epik Empire was 120lbs, but it wasn't mini fridge size.

12E would also be interesting :D
Giant subs just aren't big sellers on the whole. It's an inherently niche product.

K

Kevin C

Audiophyte
Buy 4 of them for 1200 dollars and you get 1200 watts rms and it’s 400 dollars less then 2 12s woofers and 200 watts rms more. You could do 2 stacks to save space or spread them out for better sound.

F

FIqbal

Audioholic Intern
Good for RSL. Slowly but surely RSL is replacing SVS as choice for great value for the money.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Good for RSL. Slowly but surely RSL is replacing SVS as choice for great value for the money.
Yep. IMO it’s so easy to recommend these guys. The only thing left is a 15”+. That’s a whole different market though, which is occupied by some other well established sub makers. The meat and potatoes imo, is right where they’re at, and they are killing it.
Would I love to see an 18” RSL? Yes. Yes I would like to see another large format subwoofer to beat the overpriced pb16, and really establish RSL as an endgame company. I don’t think it’s worth them perusing however all things considered. I think a nice set of towers would complete the catalog nicely.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Buy 4 of them for 1200 dollars and you get 1200 watts rms and it’s 400 dollars less then 2 12s woofers and 200 watts rms more. You could do 2 stacks to save space or spread them out for better sound.
Still won’t extend as deep, and might not have as much output. Watts are almost irrelevant, although it would probably sound great.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis