New Outlaw Model 7220 7- CH Amplifier!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Outlaw has a new 7-CH amp rated at 220 watts rms X7 @ 8 ohms all channels driven AND 330 watts rms X 7 @ 4 ohms all channels driven. The 7220 is a class AB design weighing in at 93-lbs.! What a beast! Intro price is $2149 shipped! Here is a link for those that are interested:

http://www.outlawaudio.com/products/7220.html

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Interesting because that is spec'ed higher than the ATI 200 WPC amps and the Outlaw 7700 amp.

The ATI amps and Outlaw 7700 amp are spec'ed for 20Hz-20kHz @ 0.03% THD, but the Outlaw 7220 amp is spec @ 0.07% THD.

I wonder if it's essentially the same amp as before, but spec'ed at 0.07% THD, instead of 0.03% THD.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Hmmm I am not sure to be candid here. Outlaw claims it to be a new amp. So I suppose it is. But, I could also be wrong as it certainly would not be the first time. Even at the intro price of $2149 shipped, it is way outside of my budget. However, others may not feel the same.

Cheers,

Phil

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
We have a detailed writeup publishing tonight. Stay tuned...

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Sounds like you guys have been busy! That, of course, is a good thing for us.:)

Cheers,

Phil

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Outlaw rocks, really nice quality stuff.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
BTW Gene, how and the heck did you manage to move this beast around? My back hurts just thinking about it. Be sure to play it safe.

Cheers,

Phil

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Looking for a cool new amplifier with enough power to blow you away? The new Model 7220 seven channel amplifier from Outlaw Audio may be your answer. This class AB, fully balanced, differential design is rated to deliver 220W per channel into an 8-ohm load with ALL seven channels driven. Outlaw Audio teamed up with ATI Audio technologies to develop a powerful linear amplifier into a moderately heavy unit without the use of massive heat sinks. Read on to find out how this amplifier stays cool enough for Mr. Freeze.

outlaw.jpg

Read: Outlaw Model 7220 7CH Amplifier Detailed Info

Outlaw wants us to bench test it, but I'm really backlogged right now so this will have to wait until next year. However, I spent considerable time reviewing the design specifications with ATI/Outlaw to get some important design details.

This amp looks like the real deal! Emotiva stop quaking :)

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Here is our first look article:
https://www.audioholics.com/amplifier-reviews/outlaw-7220

Outlaw wants us to bench test it, but I'm really backlogged right now so this will have to wait until next year. However, I spent considerable time reviewing the design specifications with ATI/Outlaw to get some important design details.

This amp looks like the real deal! Emotiva stop quaking :)
Wow! Nice write-up! Oh and holy smokes what a beast of an amp! Outlaw is NOT playing around. I still think that the Model 5000 is one of the best amp deals going, but this one is even more impressive.;)

Cheers,

Phil

TechHDS

Audioholic General
Gene, very nice write-up!! Arnold Schwarzenegger, very nice touch. Who doesn’t like the Conan the barbarian Schwarzenegger. Free shipping on a 98Lbs +, 7 ch 220 @ 8 Ohms, Outlaw, ATI, under 2.500 bills! Oooh buddy.

Mike

WookieGR

WookieGR

Full Audioholic
That's a lot of beef in that amp plus the need for a 20A line. I think all things considered, the Monolith 200/7 at $1500 might be a better choice in my situation.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
That's a lot of beef in that amp plus the need for a 20A line. I think all things considered, the Monolith 200/7 at $1500 might be a better choice in my situation.
This is a very good point! That is, many will find the 20A Line problematic. I know I would given that I reside in a 1 BR apartment. But I do admit, it sure would be fun fun fun.......LOL!!!!!!:cool::cool::cool:

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
This Outlaw is for people who really need 7X200 ACD. Price is great, specs are impressive, too bad I don't need one like that..:D

SCG

SCG

Audiophyte
I have the 5000 in a bedroom 5.2 setup and it's a great little amp and does an excellent job of driving my 4 ohm speakers! This 7220 sounds like a excellent home theater amp with solid 7 channel power and a fully differential design from Outlaw/ATI. Though as with most of these high current 7 channel amps you'll need a dedicated 20A circuit to get the most out of it.

I hope the fans can be easily user replaced as an amp like this from Outlaw will last many years and having the fan bearings wear out is a god awful sound that I'm dealing with on DVRs that needs them replaced and I can only find ones to spec direct from China. I'm using external 2 TB HDs and if I swap out the whole DVR I lose all my recorded content - Star Trek and all :(

Also on Outlaw's website it states the * Introductory discount prices & Free Ground Shipping to the 48 states are only valid until August 5th and not August 12th as stated in the above Audioholics' article.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

This is a very good point! That is, many will find the 20A Line problematic. I know I would given that I reside in a 1 BR apartment. But i do admit, it would be fun fun fun.......LOL!!!!!!:cool::cool::cool:
The 20A circuit is an option. If you were to run ACD full tilt maybe :)

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Well, to be superficial,
I'll give the Outlaw the nod over ATI and Monoprice for looks!:p

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I have the 5000 in a bedroom 5.2 setup and it's a great little amp and does an excellent job of driving my 4 ohm speakers! This 7220 sounds like a excellent home theater amp with solid 7 channel power and a fully differential design from Outlaw/ATI. Though as with most of these high current 7 channel amps you'll need a dedicated 20A circuit to get the most out of it.

I hope the fans can be easily user replaced as an amp like this from Outlaw will last many years and having the fan bearings wear out is a god awful sound that I'm dealing with on DVRs that needs them replaced and I can only find ones to spec direct from China. I'm using external 2 TB HDs and if I swap out the whole DVR I lose all my recorded content - Star Trek and all :(

Also on Outlaw's website it states the * Introductory discount prices & Free Ground Shipping to the 48 states are only valid until August 5th and not August 12th as stated in the above Audioholics' article.
I got them to extend the sale since I did this write up. You're welcome :)

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
The 20A circuit is an option. If you were to run ACD full tilt maybe :)
I won't be running anything b/c I am not a HT guy. Nor do I listen to multi-channel music. Even if I had use for this beast, it is still a bit too pricey for my budget. It certainly is a looker though. However, the Model 5000 would be all I would ever need. Still say it is one of the best amp deals going.

Cheers,

Phil

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I won't be running anything b/c I am not a HT guy. Nor do I listen to multi-channel music. Even if I had use for this beast, it is still a bit too pricey for my budget. It certainly is a looker though. However, the Model 5000 would be all I would ever need. Still say it is one of the best amp deals going.

Cheers,

Phil

Cheers,

Phil
Just included your post since you reinforced it....apartment living has limits :)

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Just included your post since you reinforced it....apartment living has limits :)
Yeah it certainly does. But, as Jeff Goldbloom says in that commercial "Change your apartment change the world"...........LOL!!!!! No really, I would never need an amp like the 7220. Really don't care to listen at absurd levels to begin with. Nothing wrong with more power per se, but I am much more into SQ than SPL. Guess I am just getting too old for some things.:)

Cheers,

Phil

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis