Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Oh yeah, and whoever thinks a Chevy Ford or Dodge full-size truck is not efficient in a V-8, how many Prius would it take to haul a family of five and their two German shepherds and all their stuff, a 20 foot travel trailer a quad and four motorcycles to Yellowstone for two weeks? When used correctly a full-size American truck is incredibly fuel-efficient.
I completely agree, for those two weeks. For the other 50 weeks of the year, where the truck is used to commute to the office and drive to the Piggly Wiggly, not so much.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
updated April deal:

**Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2020 Acura MDX AWD Base
**MSRP: $47525
**Monthly Payment: $ 356
**Drive-Off Amount: $ 2865
**Months: 36
**Annual Mileage: 10,000
**MF: .00010
**Residual: 54%
**Available Incentives: $500 college rebate 750 active military
**Region: NJ NY
Leasehackr Score: 9.7
I disappointed that I found out that Acura 2020 Base MDX AWD doesn't have blind-spot monitoring which is my wife said is a deal-breaker. Higher trim Tech package has it but it's much more expensive.

In other news, I feel like a complete dumbass after I realized that the $460 for Honda Passport EX-L AWD - I asked for sales guys and he did me a "favor" of meeting this price, is A MASSIVE RIP off.
Apparently, it isn't crazy to lease that car in that trim with only one month down exactly as @Mikado463 said well under $400. Even more, higher trim - Touring AWD with the same terms and 42.8k MSRP - is also a bit under $400. Add about $12/month on these deals as a broker fee which is charged separately. This exact site confirms the "low" deals I got on Subaru Outback XT (just over 40k msrp) - I guess their current lease offers really non-existing.

I am going to call that dude back and renegotiate the deal from scratch.

These ninjas say that the 2021 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring AWD (basically top trim) is about $442/lease for a 45k car.

Last edited:
BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
@Irvrobinson and @TankTop5 - I highly value your input gents, but American cars are pretty much really out of my scope as not practical for lease. Maybe you could have this heated argument about who knows about cars in another thread?

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
@Irvrobinson and @TankTop5 - I highly value your input gents, but American cars are pretty much really out of my scope as not practical for lease. Maybe you could have this heated argument about who knows about cars in another thread?
Totally agree, I originally recommended that you lease a RAV4 or CR-V. I didn’t think about the Passport but I would recommend that as well. Sorry about the rabbit trail, I was simply defending domestics in general, if you need a truck to do a job nothing beats good ole American muscle, not even the Tundra. Go ahead and ask me why the Tundra sucks if you’refeeling bored, Toyota should stick with what they know and leave some things to us Americans!!!

Hell I can win any towing contest with a 4.30 axle ratio and 29.5” tires at 13 MPG but the domestics are doing the same with 3.73’s, 33” tires and 20 MPG... LOL, nice try Toyota!!!!

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Totally agree, I originally recommended that you lease a RAV4 or CR-V. I didn’t think about the Passport but I would recommend that as well. Sorry about the rabbit trail, I was simply defending domestics in general, if you need a truck to do a job nothing beats good ole American muscle, not even the Tundra. Go ahead and ask me why the Tundra sucks if you’refeeling bored, Toyota should stick with what they know and leave some things to us Americans!!!

Hell I can win any towing contest with a 4.30 axle ratio and 29.5” tires at 13 MPG but the domestics are doing the same with 3.73’s, 33” tires and 20 MPG... LOL, nice try Toyota!!!!
Totally agree. I can pull my 3000lb boat anywhere I want and get 25mpg, with my family of 5 all comfortably in a diesel powered domestic truck. Drove it down to TX from MN and got almost 30mpg @75-85 mph.(it likes about 72mph best). I can almost get 500 miles to a tank too.
I didn’t go through this entire thread, but for BSA I like the CRV. It’s a very useful vehicle. The 4-runner is good too.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Oh yeah, and whoever thinks a Chevy Ford or Dodge full-size truck is not efficient in a V-8, how many Prius would it take to haul a family of five and their two German shepherds and all their stuff, a 20 foot travel trailer a quad and four motorcycles to Yellowstone for two weeks? When used correctly a full-size American truck is incredibly fuel-efficient.
What is it with this v8 nonsense? Straight 6 diesel or bust. :)

My truck is anything but fuel efficient, but if I need to pull a house off its foundation, I can.

However, if I'm looking at what BSA is, I'm not looking american. I love my Durango, but sporty it is not. Fast, yes, comfortable, yes, but it is not nimble.

The fun to drive SUV is a tricky problem to solve. You will compromise in some area. The volvo X90 or whatever is supposedly one of if not the best SUV you can get. Its great. My mother in law had one. It was way too expensive for what it is and didn't carry people the way my SUV did at half the price.

She upgraded to an Escalade because her and my father in law don't understand how money works, but I digress.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Totally agree. I can pull my 3000lb boat anywhere I want and get 25mpg, with my family of 5 all comfortably in a diesel powered domestic truck. Drove it down to TX from MN and got almost 30mpg @75-85 mph.(it likes about 72mph best). I can almost get 500 miles to a tank too.
I didn’t go through this entire thread, but for BSA I like the CRV. It’s a very useful vehicle. The 4-runner is good too.
See? You fit right in down here. I'll wait to hear about your trip so we don't clog up this thread.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord

My truck is anything but fuel efficient, but if I need to pull a house off its foundation, I can.

However, if I'm looking at what BSA is, I'm not looking american. I love my Durango, but sporty it is not. Fast, yes, comfortable, yes, but it is not nimble.

The fun to drive SUV is a tricky problem to solve. You will compromise in some area. The volvo X90 or whatever is supposedly one of if not the best SUV you can get. Its great. My mother in law had one. It was way too expensive for what it is and didn't carry people the way my SUV did at half the price.

She upgraded to an Escalade because her and my father in law don't understand how money works, but I digress.
See the links I posted above for deals for two Honda Passport trims- if these are anywhere near what I could actually get in real life (ie no more than 20$ extra a month) then this thread will end very soon :)

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General

My point was how many Prius would it take to pull your house off it’s foundation? At that point the truck is much more efficient. Just making the point that trucks are more efficient at what they’re designed for..

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
My point was how many Prius would it take to pull your house off it’s foundation? At that point the truck is much more efficient. Just making the point that trucks are more efficient at what they’re designed for..
Yep. However, being in TX, everyone thinks they need a truck or jeep, but they never see any dirt or work at all. Cars are fun, but some are tools that people buy and don't use.

I personally love my truck, but driving it around town is a huge pain. It is NOT easy to park something that is almost 22 ft long. Wife's car is much easier to deal with.

dolsey01

dolsey01

Enthusiast
you must be ducking with me. Leasehacker.com is a parked domain.
Edit:
Holey Moses. the domain is https://leasehackr.com/
and some deals are jaw-dropping:
I checked the inventory of my local Accura dealer for 2020 MDX SH-AWD - they have 25 in stock!
There are some incredible deals, you just have to be willing to put in the effort or just pay a lease broker. I've seen 70-80K cars lease for $400. Crazy.

I saw your post about the Blind Spot monitoring, usually the Tech package on an MDX adds $50 a month. Still a really nice vehicle for around $400.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
There are some incredible deals, you just have to be willing to put in the effort or just pay a lease broker. I've seen 70-80K cars lease for $400. Crazy.

I saw your post about the Blind Spot monitoring, usually the Tech package on an MDX adds $50 a month. Still a really nice vehicle for around $400.
Agreed, Acura. 2020 MDX Tech is an extremely nice car, but If I could snatch a $100/m cheaper Passport Touring I'd be a happy man.
Again, thanks for pointing me in the direction. These NYC based lease brokers put their fee in open text:
$449 separate from lease - that's about $12.5 extra a month on 3 years lease.

If my local Honda dealer won't come close to these deals, I'd just pick the phone. My other car 2018 Accord 2.0T EX-L is already leased thru another NYC-based Lease broker. Just had to visit my local NJ MVC (ie DMV) to get NJ inspection sticker - that was free and pretty painless.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Update: I Just Spoke with the sales guy - he confirms that he could be pushed to match the same (or very similar) deals as autoleaseninjas, IE: 2021 Honda Passport AWD EX-L for lease with 36months, 3k down, 10k annual miles for drum roll - $265 !!! or total lease cost of $12,540 on a $38.810 MSRP car.
Wife also asked for Touring, but at 3k down $309 doesn't seem like it worth it for me. That's an extra of almost $1600 for extras such as navigation (I could use CarPlay on EX-L) and rear parking sensors (all trims have a backup camera). Will give deposit on it this Friday,

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Update: I Just Spoke with the sales guy - he confirms that he could be pushed to match the same (or very similar) deals as autoleaseninjas, IE: 2021 Honda Passport AWD EX-L for lease with 36months, 3k down, 10k annual miles for drum roll - $265 !!! or total lease cost of $12,540 on a $38.810 MSRP car.
Wife also asked for Touring, but at 3k down $309 doesn't seem like it worth it for me. That's an extra of almost $1600 for extras such as navigation (I could use CarPlay on EX-L) and rear parking sensors (all trims have a backup camera). Will give deposit on it this Friday,
Damn that's cheap for that price of a vehicle. Nice.

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
does that include taxes? Not that it matters, just for clarity on complete pricing. Also are you receiving any incentives like loyalty or conquest rebates etc...?

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
I think I’m bored but the BMW 740xi has a fantastically‘s right now.

$95k MSRP, lease for $745/mo with $3,500 down.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
does that include taxes? Not that it matters, just for clarity on complete pricing. Also are you receiving any incentives like loyalty or conquest rebates etc...?
Price included everything. I assume the dealer is using conquest rebate since I am switching away from Subaru
I think I’m bored but the BMW 740xi has a fantastically‘s right now.

$95k MSRP, lease for $745/mo with $3,500 down.
hmm, that sounds very cheap, autoleaseninjas has the same car with the same down at $845.
According to them, $645 with 3.5k down gets you 2021 BMW 540i XDrive

but then again if you want a fast luxury sedan, I'd wait for the 2021 Acura TLX Type S (coming late may)

Last edited:
Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Is it possible to lease my private chauffeur on the same terms as leasing my Bentley?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis