E

EBN

Audioholic
@PENG

A new preset Audyssey memory mode allows owners to store two Audyssey configurations and switch between them on the fly, too.

Last but not least, Denon has trickled down its ‘Pre-Amplifier’ mode from its 2019 flagship AVC-X8500H to the new AVC-X3700H, AVC-X4700H and AVC-X6700H. Pre-Amplifier mode provides more tolerance in clipping levels by disconnecting internal amplifiers when the receiver is used as an AV processor and all speakers are powered by external amplifiers.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
This other thread had been running for a minute or two. ;)

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Last but not least, Denon has trickled down its ‘Pre-Amplifier’ mode from its 2019 flagship AVC-X8500H to the new AVC-X3700H, AVC-X4700H and AVC-X6700H. Pre-Amplifier mode provides more tolerance in clipping levels by disconnecting internal amplifiers when the receiver is used as an AV processor and all speakers are powered by external amplifiers.
This is exciting news!

M Code

M Code

Audioholic General
Features/specs for new Denon lineup for AVRs and AVCs are very impressive, now we need to see where they position its pricing... They are pushing hard challenging Yamaha for the #1 spot...

Just my $0.02... ;)

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Features/specs for new Denon lineup for AVRs and AVCs are very impressive, now we need to see where they position its pricing... They are pushing hard challenging Yamaha for the #1 spot...

Just my $0.02... ;)
$849, $1199, $1699 and $2499.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
@PENG

A new preset Audyssey memory mode allows owners to store two Audyssey configurations and switch between them on the fly, too.

Did you get the trickled down pre-amp mode from a reliable source? If true, I bet @gene may have something to do with that bonus feature.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
@PENG

Wonder why this took so Long. The pioneer that I use in my BR has had that for a long time.

E

EBN

Audioholic
Did you get the trickled down pre-amp mode from a reliable source? If true, I bet @gene may have something to do with that bonus feature.
Yes. Gene is going to talk about it in the live youtube video which starts in 1hour! :)

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Wonder why this took so Long. The pioneer that I use in my BR has had that for a long time.
Audyssey uses FIR filters that requires more processing power so I suspect it would also require more storage space if multiple profiles are stored and can be selected at will. With storage and DSP engine power improves over time, I bet it won't be long before D+M add that very feature, that is, the ability to store multiples (>2) profiles.

E

EBN

Audioholic
Anyone who didn´t watch the Denon Virtual Press Event video check it out, it was full of information. 1hour well spent!

Also put reminder for tomorrow as the Sound United chaps will chat with Spare Change about some other things of Denon receivers like maximizing 2channel performance etc. They won´t be going through same things as with Gene.

Hope we see Yamaha soon next! :)

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Is using center spread on Dolby upmixer with 2ch music to 7.1.4, really the same as lowering the volume of the center speaker?

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
So, input signal boxes didn't make it back to the display? :( Did they at least use some of that real estate for a few extra spaces for changing the name of the input? Duplicate surround mode return? I liked that feature. No 7.1 EXT. input? No AC-3 RF or S-Video inputs? Sorry Laserdisc and S-VHS fans, it's all about that old VCR and Betamax deck, what with all of the composite video and analog audio inputs. Component Video made the cut for those old Wii and XBOX 360 consoles. Well, at least it has a universal remote control, even if it is not as nice as the RC-921 that came with the 3803! It is amazing what you have to spend to get a universal remote control with these receivers. Seriously, you can order a car built to your liking, but nobody is offering AVR rear panel inputs to anybody's liking yet? Maybe look at next year's models when all of the HDMI inputs support 8K?

R

rightslot

Audioholic Intern
Hello to you out there.

If there is a better place to go for this information, let me know.

I have a connection problem.

I have a Denon 3808ci, Oppo DVD/CD player, Denefrinps DAC, Primaluna preamp all connected to a Parasound a21 amp.

Here is the problem. I cannot get the DAC in the mix! When I try, I get NO SOUND.

Does anybody know what the best connection route is?

I tried: Oppo into the Denon receiver, CD/DVD>>>out to DAC>>>DAC analog out to preamp>>>to Parasound.

Does anybody have a DAC along with a tube preamp?

Help...

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Hello to you out there.

I have a Denon 3808ci, Oppo DVD/CD player, Denefrinps DAC, Primaluna preamp all connected to a Parasound a21 amp.

Here is the problem. I cannot get the DAC in the mix! When I try, I get NO SOUND.

I tried: Oppo into the Denon receiver, CD/DVD>>>out to DAC>>>DAC analog out to preamp>>>to Parasound.

Help...
For a specialized question like this, I would start a new thread in this same subforum:

Or this one:

It makes you question searchable and more visible rather than being hidden in a thread about new products! :)

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Hello to you out there.

Help...
It should be obvious and straightforward, and you have different options such as:

1. DAC analog output to the Denon analog input, and connect Denon analog output to the A21 input.
2. DAC analog output directly to the A21 input, if your DAC has volume control. If not, you could use the A21's but not a good idea.
3. DAC analog output to the Primaluna preamp and connect the preamp output to the A21 input.

If such connections failed to produce any sound, then you should check your settings and it all good then something has gone wrong/defective.

The most direct, and likely the best route is from the DAC output to the A21 input, if the DAC has volume control. I don't know if it has or not, and you have not provided the model number. The worst connection would be with the Primaluna preamp in the signal path because it would add distortion and noise. Hearsay would have audiophiles believe it would improve sound quality but if it is transparent as it should be, then it is a non issue, but if it isn't transparent, then tube amps, preamp or power amp typically have higher THD+N, all else being equal, except the very high end one, that the Primaluna isn't.

R

rightslot

Audioholic Intern
Thanks for replying. Yea, I tried the--straight from the dac to the amp. And the sound was explosive. Yea, like almost blew my new speakers explosive. So to answer that question--NO, no volume controls on the dac or the amp.

Also tried suggestion #3 and that returned no sound.

But I did ask my question(s) on another thread. Hope I get some help 'cause I'm missing out!

Thanks

rui.carrico

rui.carrico

Audiophyte
I have a 2700 and I can't see where to deactivate or turn off the Zone 2 :(

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis