V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
I have a 2700 and I can't see where to deactivate or turn off the Zone 2 :(
When you press zone 2 or zone 3 on the remote, you’re switching over to that zone and can control it with the remote. When you press either zones, you can press the power off button to turn it off. You should also be able to go into the receiver setup and disable those additional zones. Or download the HEOS app and you can turn it off there too.

rui.carrico

rui.carrico

Audiophyte
When you press zone 2 or zone 3 on the remote, you’re switching over to that zone and can control it with the remote. When you press either zones, you can press the power off button to turn it off. You should also be able to go into the receiver setup and disable those additional zones. Or download the HEOS app and you can turn it off there too.
I have the remote Denon App, but can't figure it out. The 2700 has 2 zones, when I turn it on or off, on the remote ou the App it only affects the Main Zone, the AVR keeps in Zone 2 and doesn't power off

Enviado do meu Mi 9T através do Tapatalk

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
I have the remote Denon App, but can't figure it out. The 2700 has 2 zones, when I turn it on or off, on the remote ou the App it only affects the Main Zone, the AVR keeps in Zone 2 and doesn't power off

Page 17 of the manual shows an on/off button for zone 2. It's marked as #8 on the front panel.

page17.png

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
Thank you very much for the help, I have it for 24 hours and it's my second AVR and my first Denon!

The 2700 is a nice receiver. You will want download the manual and learn how to setup your speakers using Audyssey EQ, connect the 2700 to your router and download the Denon AVR 2016 app that's been updated for 2020 and the HEOS app. The streaming capabilities, EQ and features of the unit are a real value. Next, Tidal will probably be worth signing up for. It gives you access to a HUGE library for exploring what sounds great on you new receiver. Have fun!

rui.carrico

rui.carrico

Audiophyte
The 2700 is a nice receiver. You will want download the manual and learn how to setup your speakers using Audyssey EQ, connect the 2700 to your router and download the Denon AVR 2016 app that's been updated for 2020 and the HEOS app. The streaming capabilities, EQ and features of the unit are a real value. Next, Tidal will probably be worth signing up for. It gives you access to a HUGE library for exploring what sounds great on you new receiver. Have fun!
My setup with Audyssey went well, but I think the internal subwoofer volume was to low and the crossovers were set ro high, I'm going to rerun it with the sub volume higher.

N

natman

Audiophyte
@PENG
Last but not least, Denon has trickled down its ‘Pre-Amplifier’ mode from its 2019 flagship AVC-X8500H to the new AVC-X3700H, AVC-X4700H and AVC-X6700H. Pre-Amplifier mode provides more tolerance in clipping levels by disconnecting internal amplifiers when the receiver is used as an AV processor and all speakers are powered by external amplifiers.
Is there any way to drive some channels with external amps (I'm thinking LCR) and the surrounds with the internal amps?

B

Bruce53

Full Audioholic
Is there any way to drive some channels with external amps (I'm thinking LCR) and the surrounds with the internal amps?
Yes, the preamp terminals are always hot. But as I understand it, unless you are set to preamp mode only, the internal amps, for the channels that you use an external amp for, will still consume power.

Last edited:
N

natman

Audiophyte
Yes, the preamp terminals are always hot. But as I understand it, unless you are set to preamp mode only, the internal amps, for the channels that you use an external amp for, will still consume power.
Yes, that's true. I should have been more explicit. As I understand it, if the internal amps are still connected, it's possible for them to clip under heavy load, even though they aren't actually driving any speakers. This can feed back into the preamps, which passes the distortion to the external amps. Therefore the internal amps act as a limiter on the external amps. This is why it's desirable to disconnect the internal amps when external amps are used.

I'd like to be able to disconnect JUST the LCR internal amps and use the remaining internal amps to power the surrounds. My LCR speakers could use the extra power; the internal amps would be quite adequate for the surrounds. So I'd like to be able to disconnect only the LCR internal amps and leave the rest of the internal amps connected.

I suppose I could disable ALL the internal amps and use the Denon strictly as a pre processor, but that would mean I'd have to buy 6 external amps which seems rather wasteful, given that there are 6 suitable amps inside the receiver already.

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
Yes, that's true. I should have been more explicit. As I understand it, if the internal amps are still connected, it's possible for them to clip under heavy load, even though they aren't actually driving any speakers. This can feed back into the preamps, which passes the distortion to the external amps. Therefore the internal amps act as a limiter on the external amps. This is why it's desirable to disconnect the internal amps when external amps are used.
This really isn't an issue. Denon offers pre-out mode for left and right fronts in the setup configuration. When this setting is selected the front amps are offline. That's how I have my 4500 setup.

You can leave the center on the receiver or move it to an external amp if that's what you desire

B

Bruce53

Full Audioholic
(I was referring to the X8500H, which I have. The 2020 models do have some changes, as noted above)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis