New Commuter/Everyday Car

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Parking tip: Back in beside cars that have driven straight into parking spots to put your passenger doors next to each other and very close together. That way the driver's door has a little extra room.

Having a tonneau cover on my truck has been handy.

Congratulations! :)

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Parking tip: Back in beside cars that have driven straight into parking spots to put your passenger doors next to each other and very close together. That way the driver's door has a little extra room.
:)
and if there's passengers involved ?

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Those Ford Triton V8s.....never let me down!
That motor was great. The others....not so much. I've had fords and didn't have good luck. They seem to have gotten past all their previous motor/transmission problems.

The new 5.0 is probably one of the best motors available right now.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord

Having a tonneau cover on my truck has been handy.

Congratulations! :)
I really want one of the nice folding tonneau covers for my truck. The ones that are super easy to remove. They aren't cheap though...

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I really want one of the nice folding tonneau covers for my truck. The ones that are super easy to remove. They aren't cheap though...
Yeah, you want one that folds up tight or is easily removed, for days when you need to haul large appliances and such.

You will also likely get slightly better gas mileage when you have it installed.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
So there has been a few issues. First, the day after I bought it the tire pressure sensors lost connection. All four. Now I’ve told you this because this leads us down a winding road down the rabbit hole.

When I bought the truck I was told it was certified pre-owned yadda yadda. I bought it from a dealership an hour away because the dealership got great reviews (long story short must’ve been their other location). So I get told the truck is pre-owned and since we didn’t have the trade-in with us at the time of purchase we had to make an extra trip the next day anyways to drop the trade in off so, not a big deal we’ll get the TPMS sensors looked at while we’re there. Now, we spent 5 hours at this dealership on Sunday to buy the truck. Annoying, but at least a little understandable since they’re running a skeleton crew on a Sunday and banks aren’t open. However, we go back on Monday to drop the trade-in off and to get the sensors looked at. I was also told I’d get my spare set of keys on Monday as well. We sit in the dealership for at least 2 hours at which point I get told they haven’t even pulled the truck into the service area yet. The salesman tells me he’s very sorry. I email him later and ask if I can take it to any dealer to get the sensors looked at because of the certified pre-owned warranty. He says yes. At this point I’m pretty irritated that I can’t get them to take a look at the sensors since I’ve now driven over 240 miles back and forth to the dealership in two day.

So we make plans to take a trip to Albany (also an hour away and an hour in the opposite direction of the dealership) to run some errands and drop the truck off at another dealer. When I go to drop the truck off they tell me that the truck isn’t certified and that they can’t touch it without charging me since it isn’t certified. I call the dealership, it’s the salesman’s day off. I call him on his cell a few times no answer. I call the dealership and talk to a service manager and he can’t help. I ask to talk to a sales manager and get told they’re in a meeting. Now this is all happening at around 9-10am. At around 7pm I call the dealership and finally talk to a sales manager who says he needs to pass the information on to a manager because I never received a callback. During the course of the day the salesman never called me but he emailed, at first implying what he told me, that the truck was certified, and then later definitively telling me it isn’t certified and that they’re working on a resolution.

And to boot I never got my spare set of keys, they told me that they’ve been ordered and that I’d have to drive back down to have the keys programmed to the truck. Color me furious.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Oh boy. I would use the get out clause within the 30 days and get your CRV back. This will probably not get better. How many miles on the truck?

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Oh boy. I would use the get out clause within the 30 days and get your CRV back. This will probably not get better. How many miles on the truck?
We traded in a different car, still have the CRV. 45500 when purchased, like 46000 now.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Ah dealerships. So shady yet somehow still in business...

Really sucks that you have to deal with that. Rip them a new one on reviews on every platform you can think of. It's surprising how much weight that can have.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
So there has been a few issues. First, the day after I bought it the tire pressure sensors lost connection. All four. Now I’ve told you this because this leads us down a winding road down the rabbit hole.

When I bought the truck I was told it was certified pre-owned yadda yadda. I bought it from a dealership an hour away because the dealership got great reviews (long story short must’ve been their other location). So I get told the truck is pre-owned and since we didn’t have the trade-in with us at the time of purchase we had to make an extra trip the next day anyways to drop the trade in off so, not a big deal we’ll get the TPMS sensors looked at while we’re there. Now, we spent 5 hours at this dealership on Sunday to buy the truck. Annoying, but at least a little understandable since they’re running a skeleton crew on a Sunday and banks aren’t open. However, we go back on Monday to drop the trade-in off and to get the sensors looked at. I was also told I’d get my spare set of keys on Monday as well. We sit in the dealership for at least 2 hours at which point I get told they haven’t even pulled the truck into the service area yet. The salesman tells me he’s very sorry. I email him later and ask if I can take it to any dealer to get the sensors looked at because of the certified pre-owned warranty. He says yes. At this point I’m pretty irritated that I can’t get them to take a look at the sensors since I’ve now driven over 240 miles back and forth to the dealership in two day.

So we make plans to take a trip to Albany (also an hour away and an hour in the opposite direction of the dealership) to run some errands and drop the truck off at another dealer. When I go to drop the truck off they tell me that the truck isn’t certified and that they can’t touch it without charging me since it isn’t certified. I call the dealership, it’s the salesman’s day off. I call him on his cell a few times no answer. I call the dealership and talk to a service manager and he can’t help. I ask to talk to a sales manager and get told they’re in a meeting. Now this is all happening at around 9-10am. At around 7pm I call the dealership and finally talk to a sales manager who says he needs to pass the information on to a manager because I never received a callback. During the course of the day the salesman never called me but he emailed, at first implying what he told me, that the truck was certified, and then later definitively telling me it isn’t certified and that they’re working on a resolution.

And to boot I never got my spare set of keys, they told me that they’ve been ordered and that I’d have to drive back down to have the keys programmed to the truck. Color me furious.
That's ridiculous. I suggest you reach out directly to GM Certified. http://www.gmcertified.com/contact-us
Hopefully they can resolve the issue quickly.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
That's ridiculous. I suggest you reach out directly to GM Certified. http://www.gmcertified.com/contact-us
Hopefully they can resolve the issue quickly.
The manager finally got involved yesterday and I brought the truck back in and they certified it. No cost to me except for time and gas money. Overall, with all the running around I had to do I wouldn't go back to that location ever again.

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
The manager finally got involved yesterday and I brought the truck back in and they certified it. No cost to me except for time and gas money. Overall, with all the running around I had to do I wouldn't go back to that location ever again.
Good to get that, else I'd use the take it back clause. You don't need the hastle of them trying something shady. I've been burned before when my heart said I like this vehicle, but the evidence was screaming "walk away!"

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis