Need recommendation- found some Klipsch 26F pair and RC25 on Craigslist

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Overkill as far as parallel hook-up, be kind to your receiver ... plus some speakers can interfere with the others in the sound field ... you have a good sub and the DCM can easily handle an 80 hz crossover to the sub .... plus as you noted, the DCM has more clarity, detail, and definition.
Agree 100%. Take those parallel run Pioneers off the front stage, repurpose them somewhere else and let the DCMs shine. I'm listening to my TP160s right now as I type and they're having no problem filling my big room with some very nice, clean sound.

*Edit: Also not great for your receiver. When you run speakers in parallel like that you're halving the impedance. Not to mention the interference between multiple speakers set up like that.

Last edited:
H

huskie

Enthusiast
Agree 100%. Take those parallel run Pioneers off the front stage, repurpose them somewhere else and let the DCMs shine. I'm listening to my TP160s right now as I type and they're having no problem filling my big room with some very nice, clean sound.

*Edit: Also not great for your receiver. When you run speakers in parallel like that you're halving the impedance. Not to mention the interference between multiple speakers set up like that.
I guess time to remove Pioneer's

H

huskie

Enthusiast
Do I need to change my center as well with DCM? Also, a different question.

Need some ideas on soundproofing the room :)

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Do I need to change my center as well with DCM? Also, a different question.

Need some ideas on soundproofing the room :)
The idea is to have your front three very closely matched for their sonic character. It is not unreasonable for someone to be talking as they walk across from left to right or for a hoovercar to slowly glide by. In these cases you do not want the sound character to transition as it shifts from the left speaker to the center speaker and then to the right speaker. Consequently, it is preferred to have the center be of the same model/series as the L & R.
I don't remember, but I guess you had the Pioneer center. If so, I do believe the difference between the sounds will be fairly conspicuous!

So have you tried the DCM's yet?

For soundproofing the room, I'd suggest you start a new thread on that topic! But the best way I know of to soundproof a room involves using separate studs for the inside vs outside walls, and I'm thinking you are not interesting in tearing the sheet wall off and installing new studs and sheetrock!

H

huskie

Enthusiast
The idea is to have your front three very closely matched for their sonic character. It is not unreasonable for someone to be talking as they walk across from left to right or for a hoovercar to slowly glide by. In these cases you do not want the sound character to transition as it shifts from the left speaker to the center speaker and then to the right speaker. Consequently, it is preferred to have the center be of the same model/series as the L & R.
I don't remember, but I guess you had the Pioneer center. If so, I do believe the difference between the sounds will be fairly conspicuous!

So have you tried the DCM's yet?

For soundproofing the room, I'd suggest you start a new thread on that topic! But the best way I know of to soundproof a room involves using separate studs for the inside vs outside walls, and I'm thinking you are not interesting in tearing the sheet wall off and installing new studs and sheetrock!
I have already reported that the DCM Bookshelf's are amazing, I played the Dolby Atmos Amaze trailer off youtube. It feels that I am surrounded by every sound in the scene.

I was thinking of adding the DCM center as you recommended, you can actually get them little cheaper from pricerightsales.com (same seller on ebay).

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I have already reported that the DCM Bookshelf's are amazing, I played the Dolby Atmos Amaze trailer off youtube. It feels that I am surrounded by every sound in the scene.

I was thinking of adding the DCM center as you recommended, you can actually get them little cheaper from pricerightsales.com (same seller on ebay).
DOH!
Senior moment!
Sorry.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis