Need new HTPC for server rack

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Well after some more digging, I believe I found the issue. It's on page 17. So it looks like I'll either have to use a different pc to get 3D, or burn the discs and play them back on my PS3.

https://communities.intel.com/thread/112109?start=240&tstart=0

We regret it's taken so long to get an answer for this issue. The official statement from Intel is as follows:

The S3D (stereo 3D) technology has been and continues to be supported on Intel graphics via HDMI 1.4. On some OEM PC designs with 6th Gen, 7th Gen and 8th Gen Intel Core processors, a LSPCON (a 3rd party integrated controller on the motherboard) is utilized to convert a DisplayPort signal to enable HDMI 2.0, and S3D is not supported in this scenario. As our OEM partners have moved away from enabling this feature based on low customer demand, S3D via HDMI 2.0 is not currently supported on some 6th Gen, 7th Gen and 8th Gen Intel Core processors. We are actively evaluating support for this feature in future products.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Well after some more digging, I believe I found the issue. It's on page 17. So it looks like I'll either have to use a different pc to get 3D, or burn the discs and play them back on my PS3.

https://communities.intel.com/thread/112109?start=240&tstart=0

We regret it's taken so long to get an answer for this issue. The official statement from Intel is as follows:

The S3D (stereo 3D) technology has been and continues to be supported on Intel graphics via HDMI 1.4. On some OEM PC designs with 6th Gen, 7th Gen and 8th Gen Intel Core processors, a LSPCON (a 3rd party integrated controller on the motherboard) is utilized to convert a DisplayPort signal to enable HDMI 2.0, and S3D is not supported in this scenario. As our OEM partners have moved away from enabling this feature based on low customer demand, S3D via HDMI 2.0 is not currently supported on some 6th Gen, 7th Gen and 8th Gen Intel Core processors. We are actively evaluating support for this feature in future products.
Ah, that blows. I really wouldn't have thought that'd be an issue. Good find.

I'm using a ShieldTV so I don't have that issue.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
So after playing around with different programs, I'm using Kodi for all my movie watching in my theater room. It works much better than it did a while back when I first started messing with Kodi, and I'm able to play 3D .mkv files, so everything is good now and I'm really pleased with it.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah, KODI is all I've been using for the past 3 years.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Yeah, KODI is all I've been using for the past 3 years.
Kodi is awesome, but last few years I've been more and more relying on Plex. even paid $70 for lifetime Plex Pass(email promo deal). It does a bit better job organizing media, much better at streaming and it's easier to keep track of stuff you've already seen (or play/pause) on different devices. IE: Watch on bus movie. Stop it. Continue from the same place in a living room on large tv. I use Plex plugin on Kodi to access it from my htpc running LibreElec on a tiny and low power ARM box.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Kodi is awesome, but last few years I've been more and more relying on Plex. even paid $70 for lifetime Plex Pass(email promo deal). It does a bit better job organizing media, much better at streaming and it's easier to keep track of stuff you've already seen (or play/pause) on different devices. IE: Watch on bus movie. Stop it. Continue from the same place in a living room on large tv. I use Plex plugin on Kodi to access it from my htpc running LibreElec on a tiny and low power ARM box.
Trying to get me in trouble? :D

KODI has worked great for me with all my network PCs in the house. It scares me to even think about switching every PC to something else! :eek:

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Trying to get me in trouble? :D

KODI has worked great for me with all my network PCs in the house. It scares me to even think about switching every PC to something else! :eek:
Fun fact: Kodi can be used as a client to a Plex server. I do it with my Kodi box in the theater. Works great.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis