Need new HDMI cable!

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I recently upgraded to a larger TV (Vizeo E70).
With the upgrade, I am getting some glitches when I use my Roku (very often during commercials; not so often with actual content).
I am thinking it may be the well documented shortcomings of using a HDMI cable that is not up to the latest standards, and not that I have a more up to date TV, it is a problem.
Can you recommend an inexpensive cable that is up to snuff?
Thanks!

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
With the upgrade, I am getting some glitches when I use my Roku (very often during commercials; not so often with actual content).
I am thinking it may be the well documented shortcomings of using a HDMI cable that is not up to the latest standards, and not that I have a more up to date TV, it is a problem.
Thanks!
That sounds like a great HDMI cable with some promising future if the kinks are worked out :D

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
Thanks!
Kurt,

These look good. If you don't need that long a run, look for something comparable in a shorter length.

https://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-Cabernet-Ultra-Active-Speed/dp/B015121JHY/ref=asc_df_B015121JHY/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=216539509836&hvpos=1o9&hvnetw=g&hvrand=4447710303383897624&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9030259&hvtargid=aud-643565131866:pla-360954342159&psc=1

You can't go wrong with Bluejeans either. Whatever you choose. I would make sure it has the latest specs in terms of 4k high speed.

Last edited:
S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Go with the Monoprice certified hdmi cables from the Monoprice website or thru Amazon.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Remember what TLS says about your cheapest purchases being the most expensive. I say spend the 40 or 50 bucks for BJC and never think about it again.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
How long is your cable run? That matters a lot. I would stick with super slim 18Gb/s rated cables as my starting point.

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=13586

As with everyone else, the recommendation remains Monoprice. I'm not sure there is a 'bad' choice from any that I've seen listed, but slim cables have made my whole HDMI world a heck of a lot nicer.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Thanks!
Hi Kurt,

Monoprice have good certified cables. I would recommend that you opt for the 2.1 UHD type which is more future proof.

It sometimes happen that the glitches are caused by an oxidized contact. I was told by a friend who used the Caig's "Pro Gold" contact cleaner with success on HDMI cables. That ProGold stuff is a good investment which can be used for all electronic connectors. I've been using it on my equipment for several years.

Cheers,

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I like Blue Jeans cables for everything except HDMI. The HDMI versions change too often so Monoprice for those. I’m hoping I can stay on HDMI version 2.0b for as long as possible though. :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis