Need new HDMI cable!

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Warlord
Ratings
5,018 22 9
I recently upgraded to a larger TV (Vizeo E70).
With the upgrade, I am getting some glitches when I use my Roku (very often during commercials; not so often with actual content).
I am thinking it may be the well documented shortcomings of using a HDMI cable that is not up to the latest standards, and not that I have a more up to date TV, it is a problem.
Can you recommend an inexpensive cable that is up to snuff?
Thanks!

T

Trell

Audioholic
Ratings
133 1
With the upgrade, I am getting some glitches when I use my Roku (very often during commercials; not so often with actual content).
I am thinking it may be the well documented shortcomings of using a HDMI cable that is not up to the latest standards, and not that I have a more up to date TV, it is a problem.
Thanks!
That sounds like a great HDMI cable with some promising future if the kinks are worked out :D

little wing

little wing

Senior Audioholic
Ratings
207 1
Thanks!
Kurt,

These look good. If you don't need that long a run, look for something comparable in a shorter length.

https://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-Ca...argid=aud-643565131866:pla-360954342159&psc=1

You can't go wrong with Bluejeans either. Whatever you choose. I would make sure it has the latest specs in terms of 4k high speed.

Last edited:
Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Ratings
9,708 70 8
Remember what TLS says about your cheapest purchases being the most expensive. I say spend the 40 or 50 bucks for BJC and never think about it again.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Spartan
Ratings
1,973 2
How long is your cable run? That matters a lot. I would stick with super slim 18Gb/s rated cables as my starting point.

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=13586

As with everyone else, the recommendation remains Monoprice. I'm not sure there is a 'bad' choice from any that I've seen listed, but slim cables have made my whole HDMI world a heck of a lot nicer.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Field Marshall
Ratings
819 6 27
Thanks!
Hi Kurt,

Monoprice have good certified cables. I would recommend that you opt for the 2.1 UHD type which is more future proof.

It sometimes happen that the glitches are caused by an oxidized contact. I was told by a friend who used the Caig's "Pro Gold" contact cleaner with success on HDMI cables. That ProGold stuff is a good investment which can be used for all electronic connectors. I've been using it on my equipment for several years.

Cheers,

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Samurai
Ratings
996 1 1
I like Blue Jeans cables for everything except HDMI. The HDMI versions change too often so Monoprice for those. I’m hoping I can stay on HDMI version 2.0b for as long as possible though. :)

Latest posts

newsletter
  • RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis