Need help to replace dvd player of my samsung home theater system

A

Askfriends

Audiophyte
Hello,
I have a samsung home theater system 5.1ch, 1000w whose dvd player HT-E445K is not working and i cant get it fixed.

SSo question is, how can i find another compatible dvd player or amplifier? What things i should look for and any suggestions for specific models?

AAlso, said dvd player only supports HD content and wasnt atmos compatible, so can i look for 4k and atmos compatible dvd player or amplifier?

KKindly share ur experience and tech knowledge in detail. Thanks

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
That appears to be an all in one unit, which are not so common these days. They are also often proprietary to that particular unit, meaning sometimes you cannot swap it out for another one. If there are no special connectors from the unit to the speakers, you can replace it. You would need BOTH an A/V receiver and a 4K player to replace it though.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Hello,
I have a samsung home theater system 5.1ch, 1000w whose dvd player HT-E445K is not working and i cant get it fixed.

SSo question is, how can i find another compatible dvd player or amplifier? What things i should look for and any suggestions for specific models?

AAlso, said dvd player only supports HD content and wasnt atmos compatible, so can i look for 4k and atmos compatible dvd player or amplifier?

KKindly share ur experience and tech knowledge in detail. Thanks
Junk it and start from scratch. Avoid HTIBs like that. Buying units individually are the way to go. Unless you have ample funds, forget Atmos and start with a good 2 channel system and may be a sub.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The only input on your main unit is a pair of analog inputs, so even if you do get another optical disc player it will be able to output audio only and 2ch at that. Time for better and more interchangeable components....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis