My thoughts on the RSL Speedwoofer10s

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
I need to build a 'riser' for the ultras, maybe 10" at most. But as it sits in each corner I love it. I typically sit low when listening so it works very well for the time being.

Attachments

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
You have to do it. I stretched my budget quick to get a 2nd and have no regrets. At times I play just 2.0 with the ultras and am thoroughly impressed, but once I kick on the rsl's it's a whole new level.
I knowmy friend I'm saving up now once I went duals in the main theater room there was no going back to just owning one sub any more. For anything... Period....:). Just one of those in my bedroom is amazing my whole room is like a massage parlor now. 2? Oh my LORD it's gonna be EPICo_O. I'm also super stoked about the CG5's coming out and the bigger badder subwoofer. From the little they were telling me the whole lineup is gonna be friggin awesome. I wish I could find that newsletter someone was saying they put out about them.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I need to build a 'riser' for the ultras, maybe 10" at most. But as it sits in each corner I love it. I typically sit low when listening so it works very well for the time being.
Hey nice setup! I got 3 of the SVS Prime Towers for my F C R in my primary setup I'm upgrading to the ultra Towers next year. Man those Ultra bookshelves are SICK! Congrats. I'm wanting to get me a pair Hey just a heads up the guys at RSL told me when I was talking with them that the new CG 25's I think or CG5's? One or the other Were designed with the quality they saw in the Ultras. They want them to be on par or surpass the Ultras quality but for less cost. Man if they can pull that off all I can say is I'm super stoked. He told me to call em towards the end of August he might have some more info by then. Just wanted to let you know.

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
My kiddo (2yr old) is mindful enough to leave my stuff alone so I moved the ultras and rsl's back to the family room. I'm ecstatic all over again. Biggest gain for me, the rsl does a great job at low volume while still filling the room. Of course I like to turn them up, but my kid does need to sleep, but seriously I'm impressed with the output at low volume, the presence of bass is still there.
20181030_161434-01.jpeg

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
My kiddo (2yr old) is mindful enough to leave my stuff alone so I moved the ultras and rsl's back to the family room. I'm ecstatic all over again. Biggest gain for me, the rsl does a great job at low volume while still filling the room. Of course I like to turn them up, but my kid does need to sleep, but seriously I'm impressed with the output at low volume, the presence of bass is still there. View attachment 26401
That's awesome I'm planning on doing the exact same thing when I order my second one for my bedroom

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
Neither rsl will go into standby when connected to the outlaw. Slight noise from both subs (very faint) when the outlaw is off. Any ideas?

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Neither rsl will go into standby when connected to the outlaw. Slight noise from both subs (very faint) when the outlaw is off. Any ideas?
That does not sound good I'd call both outlaw and RSL see if they could help you hammer that issue down
Luckily both of them have outstanding customer service

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Glanced back, didn't see what Outlaw unit but if the standby circuit doesn't kick in assume it's still getting an input signal from the Outlaw. Does the Outlaw actually turn "off" or is it just a standby mode like many electronics these days? What happens if you disconnect the inputs to RSL? If subs on their own making noise assume it is a ground loop hum of some sort...

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
That does not sound good I'd call both outlaw and RSL see if they could help you hammer that issue down
Luckily both of them have outstanding customer service
Definitely plan on touching base with rsl as they are less than a year old. I dont think its them though, if I unplug the outlaw from the wall, the rsl's will go into standby. Apparently the outlaw is passing voltage through the sub preout when off. I never noticed it before bc I always turned off the surge protector (cut power to the subs and receiver when I wasn't using them)

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
Glanced back, didn't see what Outlaw unit but if the standby circuit doesn't kick in assume it's still getting an input signal from the Outlaw. Does the Outlaw actually turn "off" or is it just a standby mode like many electronics these days? What happens if you disconnect the inputs to RSL? If subs on their own making noise assume it is a ground loop hum of some sort...
No noise when not connected to the outlaw, model 1050. Which is a good sign for the subs. Not sure if outlaw always passes signal in standby, I'll shoot them a quick email

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Definitely plan on touching base with rsl as they are less than a year old. I dont think its them though, if I unplug the outlaw from the wall, the rsl's will go into standby. Apparently the outlaw is passing voltage through the sub preout when off. I never noticed it before bc I always turned off the surge protector (cut power to the subs and receiver when I wasn't using them)
Yeah that does sound like the outlaw let us know how it works out in case any of us have the same issue

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
No noise when not connected to the outlaw, model 1050. Which is a good sign for the subs. Not sure if outlaw always passes signal in standby, I'll shoot them a quick email
Hey bro how did the outlaw issue work was it the unit or the subs? You able to get everything fixed?

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
Hey bro how did the outlaw issue work was it the unit or the subs? You able to get everything fixed?
Outlaw said to try a new cable...they did say there should be no voltage on the preout when it's in standby.

Morgan Audio

Morgan Audio

Audioholic
My kiddo (2yr old) is mindful enough to leave my stuff alone so I moved the ultras and rsl's back to the family room. I'm ecstatic all over again. Biggest gain for me, the rsl does a great job at low volume while still filling the room. Of course I like to turn them up, but my kid does need to sleep, but seriously I'm impressed with the output at low volume, the presence of bass is still there. View attachment 26401
Check out the new CG5

Attachments

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Check out the new CG5
Man I just found them on there site thanks for the heads up I left them a message I'm hoping to get some more info on some specs. I'll let you know if I hear anything good

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
Gonna open up the outlaw tomorrow if I get around to it. Everything works and sounds flawless, just getting signal from the outlaw when in standby. Per outlaw it should not be sending a signal. Doubt that any dust would cross enough voltage but who knows. Or maybe something is burned up, doubtful as the unit works flawless. Any idea why it would be passing voltage in standby?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis