My thoughts on the RSL Speedwoofer10s

Morgan Audio

Morgan Audio

Audioholic
Finished the full 5.2 set up and OMG, I love it - The imaging and detail is friggin amazing, the punch is tight and aggressive. For the money, I don't think this system can be beat in over all performance. I have gotten up several time to make sure my center channel wasn't playing during stereo music listening. I love these and highly recommend to anyone.

Attachments

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
After a few weeks, listening to different genres and stream vs disk, it's been back and forth, over all cannot complain, a little boomy at times but a little further from the wall and it smoothed out, some music just does not seem to have a good punch to it so I should probably blame the media and not the sub. Movies I haven't watched too much but it has not disappointed once.
I had it hooked up sub out to just one in, I tried a y splitter the other day, I had to turn the volume down quite a bit, it punches with barely any muddled or boomy bass. Pictures rattled (this did not happen with just the lfe in) I know most say a y shouldn't have that much effect, but it was a drastic difference for the better. For now I'm more than content with just one sub but I know that will change as always.
Would 100% reccomend this sub room is 14x14 with slanted ceiling 8' low side 12' high side.

Morgan Audio

Morgan Audio

Audioholic
Yes I found they worked much better with some breathing room as well, more speed at least.

I have duals so it almost perfect, I do miss a little of the subterranean bass but the rest is so good, it's rare I notice it's not there if that made any sense

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
The plants look happy in the picture too. :) Congrats on your new subs!

B

bodean

Enthusiast
How are the SPEEDWOOFER 10 ULTIMATE subs?
Would 1 of these sound good in a 20x20 room with 18 foot vaulted ceilings?

Morgan Audio

Morgan Audio

Audioholic
they are outstanding no doubt but i'd use two in that size room

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
Just ordered another. The wife said sureeee soo I couldn't turn it down. I'll post when it comes in. Ah I'm pumped.

Morgan Audio

Morgan Audio

Audioholic
That's too awesome. I have had a ton of speakers and speaker systems, but this one has been the most fun :) --- It's very cool to watch people's faces when they hear what these little speakers and subs can do.
With a lot of my other bigger and way more expensive systems, they were still impressive but they were expected to be, does that make the since I was trying to make lol?

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Finished the full 5.2 set up and OMG, I love it - The imaging and detail is friggin amazing, the punch is tight and aggressive. For the money, I don't think this system can be beat in over all performance. I have gotten up several time to make sure my center channel wasn't playing during stereo music listening. I love these and highly recommend to anyone.
I see that you have the CG3's and CG23 center. I read that RSL was coming out with a 5" version a good while back, but can not find where I read it. There is no mention of it on the RSL website. Are the 5" versions still in the works? I would be seriously interested if they come out with 5" mid versions.

Moving to a bit bigger and better place which will allow for more options. The RSL's may do the trick. As always, depends on price b/c I am an el cheapo. :):):) Glad you are liking your new setup! It looks fantastic. Enjoy!

Cheers,

Phil

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I see that you have the CG3's and CG23 center. I read that RSL was coming out with a 5" version a good while back, but can not find where I read it. There is no mention of it on the RSL website. Are the 5" versions still in the works? I would be seriously interested if they come out with 5" mid versions.

Moving to a bit bigger and better place which will allow for more options. The RSL's may do the trick. As always, depends on price b/c I am an el cheapo. :):):) Glad you are liking your new setup! It looks fantastic. Enjoy!

Cheers,

Phil
You’re correct Phil. They did a newsletter blast but it didn’t make the site yet. A new big boy sub too. Hit up joe at rsl.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
You’re correct Phil. They did a newsletter blast but it didn’t make the site yet. A new big boy sub too. Hit up joe at rsl.
Thanks William for the info! Not ready to buying anything just yet. Not exactly sure how BIG my new place is going to be, but it is bigger and better than where I am now. Not long after completing the move, I am having neck surgery. As such, will be at my Philippine Sister's house for a few weeks or so. Not to mention in a neck collar for 3-4 weeks.

Will not even be able to drive which sucks. Soon after hope to get settled into my new place. However, the CG5's may be something I will seriously look at. My guess is that there will be a matching CG5 center as well. Either way, 5.2 would be the way for me to go unless I decide to add a set of front height speakers. There is no telling what I will end up with to be honest. It's going to be a good while anyways. Hope all is well your way!

Cheers,

Phil

Morgan Audio

Morgan Audio

Audioholic

Cheers,

Phil
,Yes sir, the CG5 is almost complete and I am told that it turned out even better than expected. The new CG5 will without question be the speaker to beat in near future

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
,Yes sir, the CG5 is almost complete and I am told that it turned out even better than expected. The new CG5 will without question be the speaker to beat in near future
Yeah, just seen where the CG4 line has been phased out. I agree in that the CG5's are going to be a BIG hit. Got a bumpy road ahead of me. But, when the times comes I may just have to give the CG5's a shot. The good thing is that I am in no hurry. Thanks for the info!

Cheers,

Phil

Morgan Audio

Morgan Audio

Audioholic
Not being in a rush helps in almost all situations. Good luck friend.

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
Got my 2nd today. 2.2 with the ultras, heaven. I'll post pics when I get it situated.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
lol, thanks man.
Hey brother I'm jumping in late to this party. But congrats on your sub! I bought one last week and have been breaking it in for my bedroom system primarily music some movies and streaming TV. And man am I IMPRESSED. Very accurate tight fast and POWERFUL. Just blends so well with my bedroom speakers. Just flat out disappears if you know what I mean. And Howard and Joe and all the guys over there are the BEST.
They will definitely be getting my business in the future for other upgrades I want to do.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Got my 2nd today. 2.2 with the ultras, heaven. I'll post pics when I get it situated.
Congratulations I'm so impressed with mine I'm gonna go to 2.2 as well. Hafta order a second one. Why? Well just because Lol. :)

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
Congratulations I'm so impressed with mine I'm gonna go to 2.2 as well. Hafta order a second one. Why? Well just because Lol. :)
You have to do it. I stretched my budget quick to get a 2nd and have no regrets. At times I play just 2.0 with the ultras and am thoroughly impressed, but once I kick on the rsl's it's a whole new level.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis