My Review of the Rythmik FV18

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
@Danzilla31
Sup, Bud?!

The Outlaws are great, especially on SALE! :) Too bad they aren't available anymore. I was surprised to see those come off the market.
I think Shady said in his reviews of the Outlaw and the Monoliths that you can't really make them make a bad sound. Good design parameters and THX distortion specs are a good combination.

Yes, I have 6 SI SQ-15s. The plan is three dual driver boxes tuned low. Nick at SI gave me some basic parameters to work with on box size. The main thing keeping me from moving ahead now is just cost of lumber on top of cost of living. Gas has come down a lot, but still around $5.20 at the cheapest location I can find (most are 5.40 and higher... Diesel is well over $6 per gallon!).
Anyway, MDF had come down to $50 per sheet for a while, but is now back up to over $60 per... And all this happened right as I got my Amp! So now I have 6 drivers, an Amp to juice them with, and nothing to put them in.

I am contemplating a cylinder design again... Sonotube is so inexpensive compared to any other materiel right now... Just not the plan I was going for in terms of placement goals.
*sighs
The only thing with Sonotube subs is those will need to be MASSIVE to go with those drivers

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
The only thing with Sonotube subs is those will need to be MASSIVE to go with those drivers
As a dual driver cabinet, I need 8cu.ft sealed or 20cu.ft vented… I had priced out 18” Sonotube before on a whim. Sealed would be about 4’ long, not too bad.
I had not planned on trying that vented! :p

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
As a dual driver cabinet, I need 8cu.ft sealed or 20cu.ft vented… I had priced out 18” Sonotube before on a whim. Sealed would be about 4’ long, not too bad.
I had not planned on trying that vented! :p
I didn't think of sealed good call vented would just be stupid ridiculous in size

Last edited:
D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Okay one final thought. Audioholics and @shadyJ always emphasize the importance of having multiple subs. I cannot agree more. With 4 in my room not only do I have great response in every seat.

But the clarity and accuracy of the bass.

But the clarity of the entire system especially mid range and vocals imaging and placement of objects and instruments just improved and it already sounded good

One thing I've learned in my journey into bass is improving the frequency response and proper alignment with the rest of your speakers is HUGE not just for bass but for overall sound of your entire system

I'm convinced a lot of problems with people's systems we hear about a lot of it comes from proper bass management more then we realize

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I didn't think of sealed good call vented would just be stupid ridiculous in size
The only reason I may do sealed is just to put these together in a sonotube and get them working! I can always build out vented cabinets later. It's not what I want, but may be what I do... time will tell. *shrugs ;)

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
One thing I've learned in my journey into bass is improving the frequency response and proper alignment with the rest of your speakers is HUGE not just for bass but for overall sound of your entire system

I'm convinced a lot of problems with people's systems we hear about a lot of it comes from proper bass management more then we realize
Very true IME / IMHO.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I’m kinda lurking from the sidelines for now. Not sure I’m in the market for any upgrades at the moment. So jealous though. :)
No need after this I am done for awhile a long while. Finally got the theater the way I want it. It sounds so good in here!!!!

CajunLB

CajunLB

Senior Audioholic
No need after this I am done for awhile a long while. Finally got the theater the way I want it. It sounds so good in here!!!!
I wonder if it is just me, it’s like I’ve heard you say that before. Hmm:D

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
LOL just give it a few months and some more expendable income.....or different rooms....or ?

CajunLB

CajunLB

Senior Audioholic
Oh good grief not again! Still the Anthem thing or what now? :)
Don’t forget he needs to upgrade his cables too. He should finally have a a resolving enough system to be able to take advantage of Synergy.:cool:

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I think he got a Yammy. *shrugs
I have a Yammy prepro the CX-A5200 which I LOVE. The only thing that might have enticed me is Dirac. But the Monoprice is out and the new Arcam pre pro has it but how many bugs would I be paying $5000 to beta test the company for and from what I read all 4 subs input are in parallel not independent which makes no sense for that kind of money.

Since I love the Yammy so much I'm planning on buying a minidspflex balanced version to perfectly tune the subs.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis