My Klipsch Reference Series Home Theater Build

timoteo

timoteo

Audioholic General
Looks good Rippyman!
Very clean & comfortable, i like it. Have you thought of adding some absorbtion panels to tame some of your reflections? They are very simple to make with Rockwool or even regular insulation from the Depot. You can cover them in a cloth similar to your wall color so they blend in. If placed correctly the will make a notable improvement!!

Thanks for adding the updated photos, you know we always love pics!!

H

hizzaah

Full Audioholic
fiiiiinally! I've been waiting forever! :p

Looks awesome! Congrats! Thanks again for sharing, every room you've show is inspirational :cool:

Z

zphillips

Audiophyte
vestax mr66 manual

anyone have the manual to the vestax mr66?
my email is zphillips at gmail. thanks, i appreciate it.

Rippyman

Rippyman

Audioholic
Looks good Rippyman!
Very clean & comfortable, i like it. Have you thought of adding some absorbtion panels to tame some of your reflections? They are very simple to make with Rockwool or even regular insulation from the Depot. You can cover them in a cloth similar to your wall color so they blend in. If placed correctly the will make a notable improvement!!

Thanks for adding the updated photos, you know we always love pics!!
I plan on doing a London 12 Kit by Primacoustics.
Primacoustic Acoustic Solutions

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Nice! In a dedicated room like that, leave the grills off! That color contrast of the enclosure and cone is too cool to be hidden!

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
:eek:I would love to hear that set-up too bad you are far...Beautiful setup!:cool:

C

Cygnus

Senior Audioholic
I must say, your pictures of that Marantz are the only ones I've ever seen that actually make me want to buy one. I didn't really think I liked the looks of them, but damn, it looks sharp.

OKLAGMCRUISER

OKLAGMCRUISER

Audioholic Intern
Late to the party, but WOW! Very nice and very clean set up!

moves

moves

Audioholic Chief
Have you thought of adding something to the walls to curb the reflection? Something on the back wall would be good as well. Looks great though. I love the plates and the wire management.

B

Bahtman

Junior Audioholic
Can you tell me just where you got those in wall speaker wire connection boxes?
Are they bannana plugs as well?

Thanks so much

They're probably not available in SE Asia but Ebay is always an option.

Last edited:
Rippyman

Rippyman

Audioholic
Rippyman

Rippyman

Audioholic
Took a new photo tonight. Did a little editing to make it look a little more fun.

Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned
This is a grate system, simple and functional

Sent from my iPhone 5
using Tapatalk

ski2xblack

ski2xblack

Audioholic Field Marshall
Don't take this the wrong way, but your room is nekkid. Actually, I'm just jealous that I don't have a proper room for such things, but seriously, take it to the next level by treating the room, I guarantee you'll like the results!

Sealman

Sealman

Junior Audioholic
I have the same fronts and center and plan on buying the RS62's soon.

My question is about your in ceiling speakers.
How do you like them for the rear surrounds?
Also considering their placement with the side surrounds would it have been better to move them farther back towards the rear wall ?
Mt current setup is only 5.1 because I am hesitant to go with ceiling speakers for the back surrounds.
I just was not convinced it would be an actual upgrade to the surround effects.
Keep in mind that I have never actually heard in ceiling speakers as surrounds so I have nothing to base my hesitancy on other than wasting the money for no increase in sound quality.
My current setup would allow me to place ceiling speakers up to 8 feet behind my side surrounds which would put them right next to the rear wall.

Anyway thanks for any info on the ceiling speakers!

Rippyman

Rippyman

Audioholic
I have the same fronts and center and plan on buying the RS62's soon.

My question is about your in ceiling speakers.
How do you like them for the rear surrounds?
Also considering their placement with the side surrounds would it have been better to move them farther back towards the rear wall ?
Mt current setup is only 5.1 because I am hesitant to go with ceiling speakers for the back surrounds.
I just was not convinced it would be an actual upgrade to the surround effects.
Keep in mind that I have never actually heard in ceiling speakers as surrounds so I have nothing to base my hesitancy on other than wasting the money for no increase in sound quality.
My current setup would allow me to place ceiling speakers up to 8 feet behind my side surrounds which would put them right next to the rear wall.

Anyway thanks for any info on the ceiling speakers!

Have a look at page 4, there is a photo facing the back of my room. The rears are placed as far back as possible, they sit about 2.5' back from my sitting position. As for adding effects, it's awesome! Nothing better then hearing something fly right over your head, it's awesome!

I'm typing from my phone, I would add the photos to this reply but unable on my phone.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis