Zildjianmeister

Junior Audioholic
First concert was Jefferson Starship/ 38 Special in 1981
South Mountain Arena in NJ.

Z

Zildjianmeister

Zildjianmeister

Junior Audioholic
Did the Starship play Fast Buck Freddy? A favorite of mine but mostly unknown.
I honestly don't remember as it was so long ago. But searching for the setlist of that tour (Modern Times) it does show that song was on the average setlist.

Z

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
July 1976, Paul McCartney and Wings at the St. Paul Civic Center.
edit: just googled. It was June, 1976. I was 15 years old.

Zildjianmeister

Zildjianmeister

Junior Audioholic
July 1976, Paul McCartney and Wings at the St. Paul Civic Center.
edit: just googled. It was June, 1976. I was 15 years old.
@Squishman I believe that was the Wings Over the World Tour which resulted in the Wings Over America album. I love that album.
1597856896075.png

Z

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
@Squishman I believe that was the Wings Over the World Tour which resulted in the Wings Over America album. I love that album.
View attachment 38994

Z
Yep. I remember so much of that show. I saw Skynyrd 3 times (before the plane crash), The Who 3 times (twice with Kieth Moon on drums) and The Kinks 3 times. But that Wings Over America show, I remember better than all of them!

eljr

eljr

Audioholic General
Tom Paxton who was booed off the stage followed by Three Dog Night.

A theater in Paramus NJ.

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
I saw the Who April 30th, 1980 at the St. Paul Civic Center. I do actually remember that date for some reason!
One of the Warm up bands was Billy Joel and the other one (don't remember who was first) was T. Bone Burnett. I do not even remember his show! Years later, I became a fan of his, collecting all his albums and then I found out I saw him in concert but do not recall it at all! Dang! I did see him in concert playing guitar for his then-wife Sam Phillips in 1996. Sam was awesome that night. When she introduced her band, she came to bass player "Jerry Scheff, who played with both Elvis' " (Elvis' or Elvises? I had it right. ha). btw, I saw Sam 4 times. Once, I was her sound guy! Oh... another thing about Sam: when I did sound for her, she had just put out her first LP and I told her semi-kiddingly "we'll see you on the Grammies someday"...... flash forward 20 or more years and I was watching the Grammies on TV and that was the year T. Bone got multiple awards for the "Oh Brother" soundtrack. Sam, sitting next to T. Bone in the audience was shown on TV every time he was nominated for an award and of course again when he won. Crazy! I prophesied that, but not exactly like that. ha. It would be fun if I could remind her of that.

Hitchslapped

Hitchslapped

Audioholic
Pink Floyd The Division Bell Tour, Vet Stadium, 1994, I just turned 16...... hasn’t been topped yet.

Hitchslapped

Hitchslapped

Audioholic
Nice, I haven’t seen that actually, just looked it up. I’ll check it out. I’ve seen some crappy bootlegs from that concert I was at on YouTube, but the quality is horrible.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Nice, I haven’t seen that actually, just looked it up. I’ll check it out. I’ve seen some crappy bootlegs from that concert I was at on YouTube, but the quality is horrible.
The 2 disc DVD is very well done. This is just a sample

diskreet

diskreet

Audioholic
I'm not old enough to have all the cool stories like other posts here, but my first "real" concert was when my parents took me to see James Taylor. He was phenomenal live, even to my middle school self that only listened to modern rock. Still listen to him from time to time.

Since they they took me to a few other great ones like the Eagles (by far the best concert I'll ever attend) and fun ones like Mellencamp. Finally got to repay the favor by taking my parents to see Magical Mystery Doors last year and it was so much fun. Sure they aren't technically perfect, but I really don't care. They played amazing songs and respected the originals, had immense stage presence for a 'small' show, and my god, Blackbird was powerful live.

Dean Kurtz

Dean Kurtz

Audioholic
Paul McCartney and Wings 1976

When Paul hit the stage, goosebumps were standing on my goosebumps man. And when he played a Beatles number, the whole place absolutely screamed, it was like Ed Sullivan.
Saw that tour at the Forum in LA. I was working at Licorice Pizza (record store) and the had a bus take us up and back free. It was a great band he had.

Dean Kurtz

Dean Kurtz

Audioholic
Summer Jam 1978 in Louisville, KY. Outdoor stadium concert. The 3 major acts were Reo Speedwagon, Thin Lizzie, and Foreigner. I don't remember the minor acts. It was a blast, except for men's room at the end of the day - puke all over the place.
Got to see Thin Lizzy opening for Queen. Gary Moore on guitar. Great show.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis