My DIY speakers "J&N"

jororaitchev

jororaitchev

Junior Audioholic
It is clear that the project with the rear pillars will not succeed / this year / - I have to make a living from other activities, but while I was sitting, I decided to post this photo:

Attachments

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Very nice work!
I am only at the beginning of my DIY journey. Perhaps one day in the not too distant future I will have something that comes close to that level of craftsmanship.

Cheers!

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
It is clear that the project with the rear pillars will not succeed / this year / - I have to make a living from other activities, but while I was sitting, I decided to post this photo:
Simply stunning craftsmanship! (as always, when you post your work)

jororaitchev

jororaitchev

Junior Audioholic
Meet with my logo, please!
View attachment 51240
The name of the my loudspeakers - "J&N" are the initials of Joro/ my nickname / аnd per se and Nelly/nickname of my wife / and this is ours logo.
Some think, It looks like the J and N are giving each other a high five. Yes, that's right, it's been 40 years together!

jororaitchev

jororaitchev

Junior Audioholic
A little about the acoustics of the room where I listen to music- one of my solutions, a combination of heating and an acoustic absorber, the ceiling absorbs frequencies above 4000-5000 Hertz.

H-1.jpeg

H-2.jpeg

Heating panels work in the infrared spectrum through Radiant heat.
H-3Hpan..jpeg
H-4.jpeg
H-5.jpeg

jororaitchev

jororaitchev

Junior Audioholic
And my new device to protect and ensure the operation of the electronics; UPS- “Power Walker” VFI 2000RT HID flagship model of the German company “ Schneider Electric”.

The reason for buying a UPS in my home is power issues specifically; frequent power outages, for about 1/5 to 3 hours, voltage stability problems during thunderstorms.
I stopped at the German company "Schneider Electric", they have been present on the Bulgarian market for more than 25 years, including with built production facilities.
With the start of the UPS, the problems began - terrible noise from the fans above 64 dB., real thresher, annoying, irritating blue light on the LSD display!

Naturally I contacted the office in Germany asking the following question;
Do you have software for adjusting the speed of the fans and the LSD display, I received a negative answer, but the company claims that it is a flagship model - Fact!
In fact, I could have returned the product, but the machine has very good features - clean inverted sine wave, protection against surges and voltage drops remote control capability and 90 min power autonomy with working amplifier, receiver and TV.
I decided to replace the fans, of course I lose the warranty at the moment, but it does not concern me.
I opened the machine and found that such a construction could not be created by German engineers, indeed such elementary mistakes in the creation of the architecture of the motherboard and its cooling could be created by some mediocre mind!
The lack of enough space due to the motherboard has made the manufacturer install two different types of fans, the intake 70x70x15mm, and the exhaust 80x80x25mm!
The noise is already constructively embedded in the production of UPS, there can be no difference in the amount of incoming and outgoing air!
Naturally, no technical data on the fans themselves/ even on the official website in Taiwan/, the installation is directly on the case with screws, in one word - horror!
The photo shows / I have marked in red / the reason for installing a small and narrow fan, idiotic…

On the picture;
The yellow line - the factory fans. The blue line - the gaskets for the new fans.The green line - the new “Low Noise” fans.

And a simple solution - cutting out the metal front panel, pulling the fan in the front direction and … we have with the same indicators twins fans in the machine, 80x80x25mm with a noise of 19 dB.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
And my new device to protect and ensure the operation of the electronics; UPS- “Power Walker” VFI 2000RT HID flagship model of the German company “ Schneider Electric”.

The reason for buying a UPS in my home is power issues specifically; frequent power outages, for about 1/5 to 3 hours, voltage stability problems during thunderstorms.
I stopped at the German company "Schneider Electric", they have been present on the Bulgarian market for more than 25 years, including with built production facilities.
With the start of the UPS, the problems began - terrible noise from the fans above 64 dB., real thresher, annoying, irritating blue light on the LSD display!

Naturally I contacted the office in Germany asking the following question;
Do you have software for adjusting the speed of the fans and the LSD display, I received a negative answer, but the company claims that it is a flagship model - Fact!
In fact, I could have returned the product, but the machine has very good features - clean inverted sine wave, protection against surges and voltage drops remote control capability and 90 min power autonomy with working amplifier, receiver and TV.
I decided to replace the fans, of course I lose the warranty at the moment, but it does not concern me.
I opened the machine and found that such a construction could not be created by German engineers, indeed such elementary mistakes in the creation of the architecture of the motherboard and its cooling could be created by some mediocre mind!
The lack of enough space due to the motherboard has made the manufacturer install two different types of fans, the intake 70x70x15mm, and the exhaust 80x80x25mm!
The noise is already constructively embedded in the production of UPS, there can be no difference in the amount of incoming and outgoing air!
Naturally, no technical data on the fans themselves/ even on the official website in Taiwan/, the installation is directly on the case with screws, in one word - horror!
The photo shows / I have marked in red / the reason for installing a small and narrow fan, idiotic…

On the picture;
The yellow line - the factory fans. The blue line - the gaskets for the new fans.The green line - the new “Low Noise” fans.

And a simple solution - cutting out the metal front panel, pulling the fan in the front direction and … we have with the same indicators twins fans in the machine, 80x80x25mm with a noise of 19 dB.

The problem is that you bought a double conversion unit, which is known as a regenerative unit, which is why the fans are on all the time. That is not necessary, and will be a point of unreliability. What is required for equipment protection is a unit that shaves peaks, and restores sags, and goes to battery if the power input is way out of line, or in the event of a power cut. In the latter case it will do a soft shut down.

The type of unit you purchased can and do give rise to more problems than they solve.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis