My DIY speakers "J&N"

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Thank you!
Woodworking is my hobby,i'm an electrical engineer by profession.
I am 57 years old and I deal with interior design / including the restoration /, they are my other hobby, often a source of income.
I think I was exhaustive.
You some very good credentials for building speakers. Woodworking and electrical engineering will take you pretty far in this hobby.

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
I followed this build over on AVS. It's still good to see it again here. Thank you for bringing it here.

jororaitchev

jororaitchev

Junior Audioholic
^ Let me remind you of that this project was not understand at "another" site, here I will give details:
J&N-001.jpg идея 1-.jpg идея 5-.jpg идея 3.jpg идея 6-.jpg

jororaitchev

jororaitchev

Junior Audioholic
Perhaps a misunderstanding may is there have occurred,
These positions are from one of my projects that had to be fundamentally altered at the outset.
But were published on the site on AVS ,which was quoted by "MrBoat"
It does not matter, we forget about this idea and we are going forward. Rear- speakers project - early stage;s.jpg s--.jpg rs-k4.jpg rs-kom.jpg rs-k3.jpg Rs4-4.jpg rS0-1.jpg

The loudspeakers are "SEAS"- Excel T25CF002-1", W18EX001- 6,5"
Everything is handmade, no "CNC" machine is used.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
No lack of good internal bracing. I'll bet they're very inert cabinets.

T

Tankman

Audioholic
Smooth! awesome build man! something I always wanted to try.

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
I suspect a lot of that bracing serves as a permanent form/mold for a 'fair' shape as well. Those shapes would be structurally substantial, even as a monocoque, with no bracing at all.

jororaitchev

jororaitchev

Junior Audioholic
If you were living in Bulgaria, i would have made a bet train cistern with Bulgarian beer/ could be wine ,but I'm not such a person rS-1-o.jpg rS-0.jpg
I have to remind you, this is the initial stage of the project.
If you allow me, can you tell me how I measure the Internal volume- VAS ?

jororaitchev

jororaitchev

Junior Audioholic
I suspect a lot of that bracing serves as a permanent form/mold for a 'fair' shape as well. Those shapes would be structurally substantial, even as a monocoque, with no bracing at all.
This is "Matrix  Internal bracing-system for cabinet stability"
which has the task of preventing the column's own sound and participating in the design process.

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
This is "Matrix  Internal bracing-system for cabinet stability"
which has the task of preventing the column's own sound and participating in the design process.
Of course.

I was just stating the obvious with inclusive defaults of such approaches. A fair example would be the fuselage of an aircraft, or in my trade, the hull of a boat or ship.

Still, the skeletal view intrigues me with such things. I have built models of boat hulls and left them unskinned for display for a time just to enjoy that part of the process. Once covered, nobody really knows what is there. I keep the frame and lines drawings as well. If I had drawn them with something more visible than #3 pencil, I would likely have framed and hung them on my wall.

upload_2017-5-20_14-54-12.png

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I think I get what your saying. The bracing/mold are kind of doing double duty. The bracing is just an intentional nice by-product of the form/mold design?

jororaitchev

jororaitchev

Junior Audioholic
Of course.

I was just stating the obvious with inclusive defaults of such approaches. A fair example would be the fuselage of an aircraft, or in my trade, the hull of a boat or ship.

Still, the skeletal view intrigues me with such things. I have built models of boat hulls and left them unskinned for display for a time just to enjoy that part of the process. Once covered, nobody really knows what is there. I keep the frame and lines drawings as well. If I had drawn them with something more visible than #3 pencil, I would likely have framed and hung them on my wall.

View attachment 21005
I'm registered in many "DIY Audio " sites, do you knowing how many people were asking me why such a construction / beauty / should hide ?

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
I think I get what your saying. The bracing/mold are kind of doing double duty. The bracing is just an intentional nice by-product of the form/mold design?
Yes. A belt and suspenders. It just happens to be so.

jororaitchev

jororaitchev

Junior Audioholic
Let's do that,
you use a word "mold " which makes me think you want to tell me the following - meaningless work ,do you really think so?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Let's do that,
you use a word "mold " which makes me think you want to tell me the following - meaningless work ,do you really think so?
No. That's not what I mean. I mean that the mold is so cleverly designed that it works very well for internal bracing also. Or did you not use it to help with form?

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
I'm registered in many "DIY Audio " sites, do you knowing how many people were asking me why such a construction / beauty / should hide ?
This is why it is good we now have digital cameras and storage. Otherwise, you may have to wrap them in clear polycarbonate. The framing on those are as interesting, or more so, than the end result.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis