My depression I've been dealing with.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Man thanks for your courage and honesty posting I really appreciate your sharing I too can relate. I had a head injury awhile back and after it cleared up I was diagnosed with bipolar mixed. I don't get the manias or euphoria I get more of the depressions and really really nasty anxiety. I'm stabilized on the right stabilizer. But now it's just slowly getting off the anxiety meds to continue healing its got its ups and downs but it's been worth every day to get to where I'm at today. Luckily my job I've done well in even going through the worst of it blessed for that need the benefits Dogs are the greatest bro I don't know where I'd be without my little Franco! And audio is a huge comfort in my life.
Dogs and music, FTW!!!!!
(literally)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I was raised in a musical family. My parents were in bands and they held practices at our house when I was a kid. Both my dad and my stepdad (mom ran off with the bass player when I was 12 and took us kids with her). My stepdad and a bunch of his college buddies would throw "The Mahoning Valley Easter Festival" (in the spirit of Woodstock) every spring in our backyard. We had lots of room living out in rural Pennsylvania, and all of the amps, electronics, lighting and speakers that you find in a band. We'd build an unsafe ramshackle "stage" out of scrap lumber and cinder blocks and they'd take turns playing until the wee hours all weekend.

I guess my point is, I'm a music lover. I was raised around it and it's in my blood. Being on here and learning things, what to buy, what to avoid... it's fun! It's an adventure. It got me out of the house and gave me something to look forward to. I've gone out of my way a few times now to stop at a hifi shop or Magnolia Center so I can listen to more speakers and systems. Bjorn's in San Antonio was an experience. The salesperson was really accommodating and friendly. I think he actually enjoyed showing off their flagship B&W 802D's, powered by stacks of McIntosh... stuff. Those really blew me away. Best speakers I've heard to date.

I really do love my system and some of you guys were along on my journey. I was taking pics, posting 'em up here, getting feedback and advice and learning things. I'm glad I went ahead and made that first post here. Thanks.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I was raised in a musical family. My parents were in bands and they held practices at our house when I was a kid. Both my dad and my stepdad (mom ran off with the bass player when I was 12 and took us kids with her). My stepdad and a bunch of his college buddies would throw "The Mahoning Valley Easter Festival" (in the spirit of Woodstock) every spring in our backyard. We had lots of room living out in rural Pennsylvania, and all of the amps, electronics, lighting and speakers that you find in a band. We'd build an unsafe ramshackle "stage" out of scrap lumber and cinder blocks and they'd take turns playing until the wee hours all weekend.

I guess my point is, I'm a music lover. I was raised around it and it's in my blood. Being on here and learning things, what to buy, what to avoid... it's fun! It's an adventure. It got me out of the house and gave me something to look forward to. I've gone out of my way a few times now to stop at a hifi shop or Magnolia Center so I can listen to more speakers and systems. Bjorn's in San Antonio was an experience. The salesperson was really accommodating and friendly. I think he actually enjoyed showing off their flagship B&W 802D's, powered by stacks of McIntosh... stuff. Those really blew me away. Best speakers I've heard to date.

I really do love my system and some of you guys were along on my journey. I was taking pics, posting 'em up here, getting feedback and advice and learning things. I'm glad I went ahead and made that first post here. Thanks.
Great. Now I'm going to have to drive to Bjorn's. Thanks buddy. :D

In all seriousness, glad we could help and also glad you came back around. Good members will always what makes this one of the best forums on the internet.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan

Hah hah San Antonio is my stomping grounds I live here I'm always down at Bjorn's that's cool man yeah it's a great place great sales reps as well. And yeah they do love there McIntosh gear Lol

C

Crazy8s846

Audioholic
Make sure you go to the doctor, maybe even in to a hospital, my wifes there now ptsd and depression mostly from iraq. She goes in every so often gets her meds straight an comes back home. Life is short enough without ending it yourself, im a believer that this is all you get when your dead your gone and you should try to enjoy the moments of good times and live with all the boring ones. Things will get better. They did for me took a long time but they are very good now. But then im old as dirt.

Last edited:
G

Grant.M

Audioholic
Hi guys,
I haven't been feeling well these days. I've been dealing with almost unbearable depression, it's like a hammer hits your happiness with a fatal blow. Sometimes I just feel like I should just go ahead and end my life, but I know that shouldn't be the case. I believe I have a happy life ahead for me, but that belief is just being torn down like an old building. I'm still listening to music, but I'm not getting around very well. I feel very sick at the stomach, and I just can't deal with it. This is my reason for my absence off here, I just need some time to get better, or either just end this all. I'm so depressed and sick.
Best to all.
Ryan (Or Kaa)
Depression happens to a lot of us at some point, and if it’s due to your environment it can be hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel. My brother was 16 when he attempted suicide for the first time. We later found out he had been struggling with depression for a long time, and to be honest none of us saw it coming. If he had reached out and got help sooner it may have never happened. Even though I was lucky enough to get to him in time, the scars still remain for him and our family. It’s a struggle and it takes a tole on you, and though it might be hard it’s so important to reach out to friends, loved ones, and people you trust to talk to about how you’re feeling. Don’t carry the weight alone, and surround yourself with positivity whenever you can, however you can. Things will get better, even though it may be hard to see. Much love to you and keep your head up.

Edit:
I just saw your recent message, I’m glad to hear you’re doing better!

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Thanks guys for sharing its gutsy and very brave. Like I've always said this is the best forum with lots of compassion and I'll never forget that. Prayers for you all as depression never ends it just day by day and having conversations helps. Hugs to you all.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Well it’s been a year. How is everyone in these days? Been trying to keep my head up, but hard these days.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Well it’s been a year. How is everyone in these days? Been trying to keep my head up, but hard these days.
The COVID virus and it's serious effects, along with worry about family and friends, as well as the corresponding economic downturn has taken it's toll, to be honest.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Despite 2020 being being annus horribilis for far too many people around the world, I can - thankfully - say it hasn't been bad for myself and my family. Well, I did break my wrist last October and it still gives me grief, but there are people in far worse circumstances.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
At work, I keep on hearing the administrators asking everyone in general about their "mental health" and if anyone needs help, there is help available.

It's understandable with this COVID pandemic and everything bad related to COVID.

I've never heard the administrators talking like this since I've been working here for 24 years. So this depression is hitting a lot of people for real.

Audio and Home Theater can help a little with everyday anxiety and depression. So I hope it is helping many of us - at least a little bit.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
At work, I keep on hearing the administrators asking everyone in general about their "mental health" and if anyone needs help, there is help available.

It's understandable with this COVID pandemic and everything bad related to COVID.

I've never heard the administrators talking like this since I've been working here for 24 years. So this depression is hitting a lot of people for real.

Audio and Home Theater can help a little with everyday anxiety and depression. So I hope it is helping many of us - at least a little bit.
An escape from reality is always good. A good movie or TV show can really help, as silly as that may sound.

Books do it for me too. Granted, I'm reading The Stand so maybe not the best choice...

HTnewb

HTnewb

Junior Audioholic
Being a 70 yr old retiree and at home everyday, does, believe it or not, takes it's toll now and then. Trying to keep busy is hard to do at times. I have a habit of taking a few hours each day to sit back and listen to a few good Jazz tunes and it just perks the old body and mind up. Wife still works so i have plenty to do on the Honey-Do list but just kicking back the recliner and being enveloped in beautiful, peaceful tunes, is good soup for the soul, no matter the age.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Not going to lie but I've been down for a couple of months. Come in spurts and hits hard. Sucks big time no matter what. I know I'm not the only one feeling like this and thought I'd share. Got a haircut yesterday after a year. My hair was damaged from not taking care of it. My hair was rockstar long. Now it's Steve Mcqueen short. Sure feels better. Love ya all and hope everyone is safe and taking care of themselves. Step by step.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
From Yo Yo Ma's personal notes with his third and last recording of J. S. Bach's Cello Suites. He states how J. S. Bach's music, like all of culture, has for over 300 years been helping us to understand our environment, each other and ourselves. Culture helps us to imagine a better future.
He goes on stating that this was also the first step in a new journey with this music, to share it with people seeking equilibrium and solace at a moment of unprecedented change.
Over the next few years following that recording, he hoped to play all six suites in one sitting, lasting over 2 hours, many times, and do so in both familiar and unlikely locations on six continents. He adds that this music has helped shape the evolution of his life. He invites us to join him on this adventure, to listen and be inspired by the helpers in our own life.
This is an excellent two CD set. The recording was done in 2018 and is closely miked. The sound is amazing. You would think that he is playing in your listening room right in front of you. I strongly recommend it:

Yo Yo Ma.jpg

Last edited:
Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Not going to lie but I've been down for a couple of months. Come in spurts and hits hard. Sucks big time no matter what. I know I'm not the only one feeling like this and thought I'd share. Got a haircut yesterday after a year. My hair was damaged from not taking care of it. My hair was rockstar long. Now it's Steve Mcqueen short. Sure feels better. Love ya all and hope everyone is safe and taking care of themselves. Step by step.
yes indeed, one step, one day, at a time.

Positive vibes going out to you !

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
It comes and goes, doesn't it? I tend to internalize and withdraw from everyone when I'm down, which prolly isn't the best way to go...

Then I buy audio gear and feel better again. :p

Naw, I know it's not that simple. I wish words had more impact. Just hang in there man. It always gets better. This will pass.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis