My busted Onkyo, a Yamaha and an RZ50

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
I don't disagree with the state of manufacture but none of us are NOT complicit or we'd all be using made in the USA rotary phones and old Zenith CRT TVs and having these discussions on the party line. It is what it is. You sometimes get a lemon. HDMI-CEC and HDCP are not helping matters these days. It is no small thing to go from analog connected components to HDMI connections of new TVs and AVRs. There's somebody out there stilled tickled with the component video connection and 7.1 analog audio connections of their Oppo to their Pioneer Plasma TV and Denon XX03 AVR. Dealing with the many issues of modern systems is not for the faint of heart. I have a curious mind and try everything using these silly new devices. I have many scars both physical and mental but am still having a good time. Results for others will vary of course. Oh, and anyone with a lemon under warranty should just return it. I've only ever had to do that with one receiver. It was a Yamaha for those interested.

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
Oh, and anyone with a lemon under warranty should just return it. I've only ever had to do that with one receiver. It was a Yamaha for those interested.
Returning it was not an option. I'll ask again though just in case.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I don't disagree with the state of manufacture but none of us are NOT complicit or we'd all be using made in the USA rotary phones and old Zenith CRT TVs and having these discussions on the party line. It is what it is. You sometimes get a lemon. HDMI-CEC and HDCP are not helping matters these days. It is no small thing to go from analog connected components to HDMI connections of new TVs and AVRs. There's somebody out there stilled tickled with the component video connection and 7.1 analog audio connections of their Oppo to their Pioneer Plasma TV and Denon XX03 AVR. Dealing with the many issues of modern systems is not for the faint of heart. I have a curious mind and try everything using these silly new devices. I have many scars both physical and mental but am still having a good time. Results for others will vary of course. Oh, and anyone with a lemon under warranty should just return it. I've only ever had to do that with one receiver. It was a Yamaha for those interested.
Its not the technology I'm complaining about. It is the implementation of said technology and the overarching design plan and layout. Thrown together hardly does it justice.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
I also think new HDMI boards should be upgradeable and user replaceable as was mentioned about HTPCs. The amps and analog ports are what they are and there is nothing new there. Silly to have to get a whole new box for new HDMI specs and features.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis