My basement Rec Room / Wet Bar build

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
AWESOME, that was a fun ride... Congrats, looks great..

pg_rider

pg_rider

Audioholic
These will be my last photos in this thread. We mostly moved in over the weekend and it's coming together. Still have to hang curtains and some pictures, clean up the cabling in the audio closet, install a microwave into the bar, and hook up the kegerator.

Audio-wise I still have to optimize my speaker positioning and run Audyssey. Initial impressions after just moving everything in are that the bass is a little boomy -- maybe due to the corner loading and/or that fact that it's a smaller room with a cement floor (vs the wood I had upstairs) and totally different dimensions. I'm fully confident XT32 can fix me right up.

Thanks for reading everybody!

Loving the new sofas!

The hallway leading from the steps is lined with four movie posters -- love the way it turned out

Gotta have color-changing LED bar lighting lol

The audio rack came out perfect! Have to admit though, it does heat up the room behind it more than I expected.

macddmac

macddmac

Audioholic General
Wow! Fast and fabulous..'was wondering if that wall o'tile would cause issues.
May need a little absorption back there.
Cheers, Mac

pg_rider

pg_rider

Audioholic
So I lied.... two more pictures of the most important thing in the whole build -- the beer source!

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
VERY COOL, I love this thread... Whens the opening day party?

Matt34

Matt34

I'll bring some cold beverages to stock that mini fridge.

I'm so jealous!!! Anyone want to fork over $25k to finish mine?:D

pg_rider

pg_rider

Audioholic
I'm definitely down for a listening / drinking session! Matt34, you seem to know a few of the locals -- want to help set something up?

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Glad to know you're in CO, my uncle has nothing but Bose....

Love the tap idea, and you're giving me pause with the faux wood wall. Had considered something similar in my living room.

Rowdy S13

Rowdy S13

Audioholic Chief
Fantastic looking space! I really like the finish on the main wall, turned out great!

One question for you, what connectors were you using behind the wall plates?

Sean

Matt34

Matt34

I'm definitely down for a listening / drinking session! Matt34, you seem to know a few of the locals -- want to help set something up?
I don't really know of any A/V locals besides my salesman at Listen Up and one other guy (he's an Apple/klipcsh nut), who is not on this forum.o_O

Don't let that stop you from inviting me over though.:p

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
How did I miss this? Great clean setup. Congrats and Enjoy yourself. What no movie on the screen pics or pets? :)

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Looking good!

You just made over half the AH'ers jealous!

Now that you have a proper kegerator.....time to take up homebrewing :)

At one time, I had 3 taps at all times plus another 40+ gallons in the closet aging and waiting for an open tap!

pg_rider

pg_rider

Audioholic
A minor update: added matching rear surrounds to the existing side surrounds and did a stone veneer on the stairway wall. Couldn't be happier with the results! Only thing left is to do dropped crown moulding with rope lighting.

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
A curious cat peeks around the corner. "You finished with all than hammering now"? :D

Looks nice what you accomplished.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis