My basement Rec Room / Wet Bar build

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
I am in until the pics of you sitting on the couch watching a movie... Looking good, you are very smart for keeping track of things like wiring, don't stay quiet about anything, I used to see it all the time when we were doing new construction, and at the end of the job the customer would say "I wanted the patio on this side of the door" and now its impossible to move...

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
I am so dizzy now, :D looking good, start picking paint colors...

pg_rider

pg_rider

Audioholic
For those following along at home....

Been a little slow the last week with taping / mudding / sanding and texture. That's all done now along with a lot of the trim and doors. They primed / painted today and will continue tomorrow. Then Monday it gets fun -- tile accent wall and bar floor tile go in, followed by cabinets. Hopefully carpet by the end of the week!

As always here's the 360° view that you can scroll and zoom around in:
https://www.google.com/maps/views/view/114718376148802228328/gphoto/6060543214308260978?gl=us&heading=2&pitch=90&fovy=75

Here's the front wall where the TV and speakers will go -- you can see the audio and TV HDMI drops:

Here's the bar area:

And one of the audio cabinet (the back still needs to be cut out and shelves / door installed):

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Looking GOOD!!! You guys must be getting excited.... I am really feeling the floor, did the contractor do it himself or sub that out? I like the work from the pics...

pg_rider

pg_rider

Audioholic
Actually the floor hasn't been touched -- it's just the foundation still at this point. We'll be doing carpet throughout, with a tile floor in the bar area and lino in the bathroom and walkout doorway.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Actually the floor hasn't been touched -- it's just the foundation still at this point. We'll be doing carpet throughout, with a tile floor in the bar area and lino in the bathroom and walkout doorway.
WOW in the pics is looks like cement polishing I had it done at my office and it came awesome the guys that came and did it were like artists, they added the colors to make it look like natural stone and then cut and grouted to make it look like huge giant tiles, see pic below, then look at your pics, lol Yours looks like mine did before they did the final acid wash and polishing...
I really thought thats what you had from the pics, lol.. Sorry

pg_rider

pg_rider

Audioholic
Yeah, with all the dust and everything it actually does look like it has a finish.

pg_rider

pg_rider

Audioholic
Now we're getting somewhere! Paint is done and tile is in. Here are a couple pics of the tile accent wall at the front of the room (where the TV will go):

And here's one of the bar floor tile:

pg_rider

pg_rider

Audioholic
Worked on the audio connections today. Here's one of the front plates going in for speaker and sub:

Ready to move in!

One of the surround drops:

pg_rider

pg_rider

Audioholic
Bar cabinets started going in last night. Realized that one of the cabinets is going to cover the back surround speaker drop so probably going to have to move that which is a bummer. Also realized that the bar can light is awfully close to the cabinet and doesn't look right. Going to see if I can have that moved.

At least the bathroom tile is done!

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
On the wall for the TV, is that a grout less wood grain tile I see? That looks spectacular!

pg_rider

pg_rider

Audioholic
On the wall for the TV, is that a grout less wood grain tile I see? That looks spectacular!
That's exactly what it is -- thanks for the compliment. We saw a lot of tile accent walls being used in high end homes so we were inspired to give it a try. Came out even better than we could have hoped! Now I just have to drill it for the TV mount :eek:

pg_rider

pg_rider

Audioholic
Bar is almost done! Just need to relocate the surround speaker drop so the final cabinet can get mounted. Granite countertop got templated today so should be installed next week.

pg_rider

pg_rider

Audioholic
Getting ready to install the TV mount. Measure 8 times, drill through the tile once :)

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
If you can't move that light, maybe another glass door far that cabinet? Probably look better than the single solid door...

looking awesome though..

pg_rider

pg_rider

Audioholic
Well well, look what arrived today. Just need the basement to get finished next week so I can install it!

That's a 55" Samsung LED on the wall for reference!

pg_rider

pg_rider

Audioholic
Latest update -- bar granite is in, glass door is installed for the audio cabinet, bathroom is mostly done, and the TV mount is hung (and of course one of the vertical supports landed right on the HDMI / power outlet!). Pics:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis